I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Diet and Recipes
| | |-+  Beef Burritos
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beef Burritos  (Read 2699 times)
SkyDancer

« on: February 15, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

The dietian at the clinic gave us some recipes,this was one of them.Can be made as Renal-Friendly or not so renal friendly.
                               Beef Burritos
serves 6

1 lb. lean ground beef ( or sirloin )
  1/3 cup tomato sauce
  1/4cup chopped onions
  1/4 tsp.black pepper
  1/4 tsp.ground cumin
   6 large flour tortillas

In medium skillet brown gr. beef,drain fat if needed.Add tomato sauce,onions,pepper and cumin.Mix well.Fill each flour tortilla with approx. 2 1/2 oz of mixture.Roll tortilla over making sure that both ends are folded first so mixture doesn't fall out.
Protein 17 grams   Sodium 164 mg   Fat 15 grams   Potassium  294 mg   Phosphorus 131 mg

I usually double the tomato sauce,onions,pepper,andcumin to make these a little richer in flavor.For non-renal ones, I add about 1-2 Tbsps. Black Beans and 2 Tbsps. shredded cheese,and a little taco sauce before rolling burritos.So good either way!  :)

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

I put half the sauce and cheese in the meat, then fold a whole pan full and pour the remaining sauce and cheese on top before I pop the whole thing in the oven.  Yummy!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »