I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:02:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Supplies in Mexico delivered !!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supplies in Mexico delivered !!  (Read 4710 times)
CCStan

« on: February 07, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »

Just got off the phone with my manager in Cancun.  PD supplies where delivered on Sat. We do not get there until Tues. So 3 days lead time. GREAT news.  One worry elimiated with traveling to Mx. :bow;

:bandance; now just have to get through airport security with other supplies. :pray;
tito

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »

Glad to hear of your success. I won't be in México again until July (better order soon). Possibly going to a wedding in Colombia in April. I've yet to receive final word from Baxter about the disaster that happened regarding the last shipment in PV.
CCStan

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:57:32 AM »

Glad to hear of your success. I won't be in México again until July (better order soon). Possibly going to a wedding in Colombia in April. I've yet to receive final word from Baxter about the disaster that happened regarding the last shipment in PV.

Well made it to Cancun !!  WOW and  :bandance;.  Flew United airlines they were GREAT.  No problem with TSA !  One little hitch.  We were traveling with 34 bags of Extraneal, coming into Mexico Customs had one little hiccup getting the D-bags through.  Finally given to the go-ahead.  Should have had docotrs letter translated...duh.  Note to self have letter translated!!

Just happy to be here a trip I did not think would happen.

Stan
tito

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »

Called Baxter to see if they could deliver to Baranquilla Colombia (they do). I was informed of the new pricing for delivery. I guess they didn't charge me for the December delivery because I had ordered in September. It is $100 flat handling fee, plus delivery depending on where it is. The quote for Baranquilla was $6.

I asked my insurance company, and they will not cover the shipping. I guess it will have to be one more expense of traveling - I am not going to stop traveling. I love going places and live for trips.

I think Baxter service is going down hill. My PD clinic agreed - they have had some bad experiences. My delivery driver a few weeks ago told me they were having all the higher ups from out of town meeting with Baxter people in Boston.

I got a call from Baxter Mexico - I was not home and they never called back.

It's not like you can shop around for PD supplies, either. Baxter knows this.
CCStan

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »

Tito, Ain't that the truth ?"You can not shop for diasylate and Baxter knows that?"  Stuck between a rock and a hard place !! But thank God as PD patients we do at least have this option.albeit an extra expense.

I am "shopping" now in Cancun Mexico as to where and how much I can buy some supplies.  Would like to spend some extra time in our Cancun home( although it has been unusally COLD here and it is the beginning of March.  Have been coming here for 24 years and NEVER experienced anything like this !  We may have to bite another bullet and visit a local Nephro and see if that might be the route to take to get some supplies.  I know PD is very prevelant here in Mexico due to inabbilities of people getting to needed hemo clinics.

Have a great time in Colombia..

Stan
tito

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 10:02:10 AM »

Hi Stan, everybody,

Probably won't go to Colombia. It was for a wedding and would have been for four days (I'm a teacher and can only take real time off during official vacation weeks). Boston - Ft. Lauderdale - Cartagena, then a bus to Baranquilla. An all night "Colombia style"wedding, then back. All with dialysis thrown in (oh, and a cost of $2,000!). Will be quite the wedding - my wife's family in Colombia is quite well-to-do.

My wife has been in India for the past two weeks. I've been alone, have only been doing PD for about six months, so she was very nervous. She got me one of those emergency buttons you wear around your neck in case you can't get to a phone. That's ok - it made her feel better, so I agreed to it. Haven't used it, though.

Next trip to México is July 1. I left some dialysate down there from my last trip - think it might be ok considering the heat? Does that stuff really go bad?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »