I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Workers
| | | |-+  Dear Dialysis Patient:
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Dialysis Patient:  (Read 20990 times)
lovearenalcaretech

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40:45 AM »

Dear Dialysis Patient,
I am sorry you can't have the chair you normally sit in every treatment.  You must understand is that no one here has a "set" chair spot.  When the nephrologists increases or decreases someone's treatment time, we must arrange the schedule to accommodate these changes, and sometimes it means to move patients around so that no two put ons or take offs are at the same time.  I am sorry if you are late because the patient before you had a difficult treatment and his/her blood pressure isn't stable enough for them to leave.  I am sorry that your chair isn't ready because the patient before you is a heavy bleeder.  Although we are on a schedule, patient safety is our first priority.  Please understand that I am only human and although I try to please everyone, sometimes I can't.  My apologies in advance and thank you for your understanding. 

Your Charge Nurse or Tech
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »

Most of hubby's nurses that he had when he was in center were fabulous!!  They were very caring and compassionate.  There were a couple that weren't but you get people in every job feild that just don't have a nice personality.  Actually we became friends with most of the nurses and the techs (they're the people who fix the machines here)  A lot of them have visited our house or we have stayed in touch with them.  Everytime we run into most of the nurses anywhere they always have to give hubby a hug (and me too most times). he was very lucky to have had a center like he did  :beer1;  His last treatment he had at the center the nurses had a cake and cards for him!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
cherylann

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »

Dear Dialysis Patient
    Hi I am training to be the best tech that I can be. But in order to do that, you have to let me do things for you. I know that you trust the techs that have been sticking you time after time and I know that it must be very scary when i come at you with shaky, slow hands, asking my trainer with each move i make.
Please try to be patient with me and do not curse at me. I am already nervous at the thought of hurting you or doing something wrong. I want to learn to be the best tech that i can be, but i can only do that with your help.
   So when the tape sticks to my gloves and not your arm, and i knock everything on the floor and have to get a new set up, and when i forget to clamp the saline lines and squirt myself....dont laugh at me...laugh with me, because to gether we are going to get through this training period and i will earn your trust.!
Thank You
Your PCT
Kitsune

Sometimes the dragon wins.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

Dear Dialysis Patient
    Hi I am training to be the best tech that I can be. But in order to do that, you have to let me do things for you. I know that you trust the techs that have been sticking you time after time and I know that it must be very scary when i come at you with shaky, slow hands, asking my trainer with each move i make.
Please try to be patient with me and do not curse at me. I am already nervous at the thought of hurting you or doing something wrong. I want to learn to be the best tech that i can be, but i can only do that with your help.
   So when the tape sticks to my gloves and not your arm, and i knock everything on the floor and have to get a new set up, and when i forget to clamp the saline lines and squirt myself....dont laugh at me...laugh with me, because to gether we are going to get through this training period and i will earn your trust.!
Thank You
Your PCT

That is a good attitude indeed cherylann and I'm very sure you will be a good tech one day, but I still will not let a trainee stick me. My access and my health are too important to me to be someone's learning tool. I have already had two thrombectomies in sixteen months due to new people sticking me and it won't happen again, because I only let experienced people near my access as my health is the most important thing to me in life. But if people will let you stick them, more power to you. Good luck!

"Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word"- Pantera "Walk" (1991)
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »

that was really a touching story dreaded nurse fortunately, I have good nurses as well! 

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »