I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New Member
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4364 times)
DazUK

« on: November 03, 2005, 03:47:08 AM »

Hi,
  My name is Darren and I live in Sheffield, UK. I was diagnosed with IGA nephropathy in Jan 2003 and have been on CAPD for 4 months with no real problems apart from a hernia. I am hoping for a live transplant from my sister sometime next year. It would good to hear from other people on CAPD.
                               Darren
toad

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 04:05:34 AM »

hi darren...i am from canada and have been on capd for almost 3 years....i am now on a cycler doing exchanges over night....if u have any questions feel free to contact me......toad
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:11:19 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but why is it called CAPD? I understand the PD, but what do the other initials stand for?

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:35:36 PM »

Excuse my ignorance, but why is it called CAPD? I understand the PD, but what do the other initials stand for?

Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis

Continuous = Dialysis carries on all the time 24/7.
Ambulatory = Unlike Hemodialysis you can move around as normal and carry out your daily activities.
Peritoneal = An enclosed layer of tissue where Dialysis takes place.
Dialysis = Dialysis removes waste products from your blood.

:)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:37:09 PM »

Hello and welcome to the board. Free feel to vent your frustrations as often as you wish that is what is site is here for. 

This site is unlike other sites where posts are modified or deleted by site moderators for having content that is too harsh. If you ask a question you WILL get the straight truth from either myself or one of our members. This is a no holds barred forum.

Again welcome to the site and please tell fellow patients about this site.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

LynDalaten

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »

Hi,
  My name is Darren and I live in Sheffield, UK. I was diagnosed with IGA nephropathy in Jan 2003 and have been on CAPD for 4 months with no real problems apart from a hernia. I am hoping for a live transplant from my sister sometime next year. It would good to hear from other people on CAPD.
                               Darren

Hello Darren,

My name is Lyn, I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm also fairly a new member to this wonderful site. I have been on CAPD for many years now, and have had one ambilical hernia so far. Wishing you all the very best on your coming transplant from your sister's....how wonderful and noble of your sister doing that for you. If you have anything in mind to ask, please feel free to message me. Hope to chat with you soon. Take care Darren and God Bless.

Lyn
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »

Hi,
                               Darren

Hello Darren,

My name is Lyn, I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm also fairly a new member to this wonderful site. I have been on CAPD for many years now, and have had one ambilical hernia so far. Wishing you all the very best on your coming transplant from your sister's....how wonderful and noble of your sister doing that for you. If you have anything in mind to ask, please feel free to message me. Hope to chat with you soon. Take care Darren and God Bless.

Lyn

Instead of messaging or email it would be great it any questions he may have were asked on this site so other members would benefit from reading the posts.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kevno

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 10:46:47 AM »

From Sheffield, I go there to see the World Snooker Championships. I am from Manchester UK. I was on CAPD
for over 12 years.  Now on Haemodialysis for the last five years. The is a great site to have a rant.  Or if you want to know anything about dialysis, There are a lot of patients who have had kidney problems for a long time. They will try to answer any questions you have.

Kevno
(Come On MUFC!) ;D

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »