I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 08:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Happy Christmas from The Emerald Isle, and a few 'Thank You's...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Christmas from The Emerald Isle, and a few 'Thank You's...  (Read 5148 times)
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« on: December 25, 2009, 04:04:11 AM »

Happy Christmas to you all...

Thank you all for the company, support and friendship during the past year... I've made such good friends here... There were times when was in total despair, and you've been there for me... My mum being so ill, and my brother's death... I got a wave of helpful advice, and support here...

I hope you'll all forgive me if I give a very special mention to just a few... There have been several people who I really don't know what I'd have done without... They have touched my life so much in the past year... Some I've only known a short time, but they've given me such inspiration, love and support, I can't let the year end without mentioning them...

The mods and admin people... This site doesn't run itself, and thank you for everything... Without you all, there'd be no IHD...

Rose... You and I have traded so many messages but funny and sad... You're late dad was blessed to have a daughter like you...... You're one of the best... I hope you and your mum are doing okay(ish)...

Chris... What a man!... I wish I had your courage and strength of character... You're such an inspiration to us all... To lose so much sight and keep bouncing back... Well, I bow to your superior strength!... May God bless you, my friend...

Java... What can I say???... Your beautiful daughter, Jennifer has been imprinted on my heart... What an amazing young woman, and what amazing parents you have been to her... Thank you so much for sharing Jennifer with us... May she rest in peace, and may you and your family be comforted in your loss... May God bless and protect you...

Iketchem... You are SO much a part of my life now (sorry Candy!)... You were there when there was a worrying element in our area, and Mum and I were really frightened... I got SO many supportive PM's from you... We've also had so many laughs about your hunting... I'm still waiting for that Bambi Burger though!... Hope your new kidney comes VERY soon!...

Bear... I love seeing you come into chat... The banter really starts when you come into the room... We can gang up on Bill...

Del... Lovely, sweet Del... We have such great fun... You write so beautifully... So descriptive, and always very, very, funny... You are such a sweet lady... With a beautiful name to boot...

Petey... A fellow traveller on the Carer's road... You are one of this worlds few, true angels... Marvin is SO lucky to have you... And my life is all the richer for knowing you... May you be rewarded a thousand times over...

KickStart... Ah... You've saved me a lot of grey hairs... Remember when Mum's PD exchange only produced a little fluid???... I was climbing the walls with worry... I was visualising Mum back in hospital... I was about to start biting my nails (Before taking them out of the floorboards!)... KS, you told be (in a very nice way) to calm down, and get a grip!... You were right!... You put me on the right track to sorting Mum out, and her next exchange produced enough fluid to sink a battleship!!!... You've had such a rough ride this year... May 2010 be a whole lot better for you!... You've made me laugh SO many times, and we Doggy People have to stick together, anyway... AND you're just as soft about the hounds as I am!...

Hanify... Wow, what a woman!... You have been there SO often for me... We've laughed, and cried SO many times!... You are one in a million... You're going through so much yourself, but yet, you've still made room in your heart for Mum and I... You never leave 'Chat' without checking if Mum is okay... Thank you from the bottom of my heart!... You always make me laugh, too... But that bloody Kiwi bird's squawking is beginning to wear thin... Mum loves it, and I've only to look sideways in it's direction, and it's off 'singing' again!!!... You'll get yours for that... I'm already plotting my revenge... The 'returning of the favour' has been bought... Just waiting for the post office to reopen after Christmas, and it's payback time! >:D...

Last, but certainly not least... Dan... Dearest, darling, Dan... What can I say (that won't get me banned, that is!)... You have been a rock for me... I don't know how you've listened to me so often and for so long when I've been feeling low... You must have the soggiest shoulder on this site, because I've cried on it so often... Dan, thank you for being such a great friend... I'll never forget how good you've been to me... I know you'll never admit it, but you're loveable really!... You may on occasions be a cantankerous old boot, but you're OUR cantankerous old boot, and you're very important to us... You're one of this world's few, true, gentlemen, and I love you!...

Anyway, I've probably said far too much (people will get the wrong impression!), and if I've left anyone out, please forgive me... The flipping steroids have my memory scrambled!...

May you all have a lovely Christmas, and I hope 2010 is a fantastic year for you all...

Lots of love, and thank you all again...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:26:01 AM »

yet more proof that our little community is special and strong - and goes right 'round the world - from Ireland to New Zealand and all parts in between.....

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »

Hey, Richard.... Good to se you!...

How's the lovely Celeste???....

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »

I agree wholeheartedly, darth.  This site is a godsend.  I've gotten good advice every step of this journey, and still do.  Thanks everyone!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 08:06:08 AM »

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

:guitar:

:santahat; :snowman; :christmastree; :rudolph;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

Oh my god, Darth.  I am overwhelmed.  I "put up with you" for one reason and one reason only -- well maybe a few reasons.  You make me happy and you make me laugh,  I love talking to you about "our" problems (you actually listen to others as well as share yours) and you are a really great person to know.  Damn it, a cantankerous old boot would do that.

:guitar:

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »

Ah, you guys are all so neat. What a pleasure to know folks like you. Thanks!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »

I appreciate each and every person here!!!  We may not always agree or like what other people have to say but that is all part of being a family.   :beer1; :santahat; :snowman; :christmastree;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »

yet more proof that our little community is special and strong - and goes right 'round the world - from Ireland to New Zealand and all parts in between.....

Now when you say special, how do you mean that  :rofl; (Sorry, a Futurama episode)

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 02:44:56 AM »

Now when you say special, how do you mean that  :rofl; (Sorry, a Futurama episode)

Yep, I fully understand that question, Chris... When people tell me that I'm funny, I usually wonder if they mean funny Ha Ha, or funny strange???... Dan, Don't you dare answer that question!....

Darth...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:57:13 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Slywalker

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »

Darth - what a beautiful post.

Happy New Year.   :bandance;
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »

Thanks Slywalker... It was from the heart... (Well, what passes for a heart anyway... Fine lump of granite in my chest!)...

Have a GREAT New Year!...

Love...

Darth...

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 12:13:08 AM »

... and if I've left anyone out, please forgive me...

ok  :rofl;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »