I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Bah..fish tanks and computers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bah..fish tanks and computers  (Read 3330 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« on: November 02, 2006, 01:23:14 AM »

Ive had a 20 gallon fish tank sitting here at my desk for years. Sunday, while adding some water, a nice splash took out my keyboard. Had to wait a couple days to get up the cash to buy another keyboard, finally got one last night. It sucked not being able to post here or talk on msn with any friends, but its good to be back. Oh yeah, not moving the tank as I bought a wireless system, now I can just remove the keyboard while filling the tank.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:16:56 AM »

Glad to have you back.  I thought you being gone was kind of fishy!   :D

I love fish tanks.  They are so soothing to watch.  Good therapy!

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 05:45:54 AM »

Welcome back JoePaul,  i thought you were just mad cuz the Raiders beat you guys, lol,  ;)  just kidding,  glad to have you back amigo :2thumbsup; :clap;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »

What kind of fish?  Tropical, saltwater?  I used to have oscars, but they got so big I had to give them to a friend with a 100 gallon tank.  I like watching the really aggressive ones when they are feeding - they move so fast!  I bought an asian eel once, too.  It would bury itself in the gravel and shoot out like a rocket to grab the fish swimming above.   Fun to watch, but not very healthy for its tankmates - I had to give him away to someone willing to put him in a tank by himself and feed it something cheaper than my tropicals!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »

Ive had a 20 gallon fish tank sitting here at my desk for years. Sunday, while adding some water, a nice splash took out my keyboard. Had to wait a couple days to get up the cash to buy another keyboard, finally got one last night. It sucked not being able to post here or talk on msn with any friends, but its good to be back. Oh yeah, not moving the tank as I bought a wireless system, now I can just remove the keyboard while filling the tank.

I don't know that story sounds kinda "fishy"  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 04:19:14 AM »

What kind of fish?  Tropical, saltwater?  I used to have oscars, but they got so big I had to give them to a friend with a 100 gallon tank.  I like watching the really aggressive ones when they are feeding - they move so fast!  I bought an asian eel once, too.  It would bury itself in the gravel and shoot out like a rocket to grab the fish swimming above.   Fun to watch, but not very healthy for its tankmates - I had to give him away to someone willing to put him in a tank by himself and feed it something cheaper than my tropicals!
All I have now is 1 lonely crayfish, Ive had him for 3 years now. Its HUGE :lol;

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 05:53:39 AM »

I LOVE aquariums, and I used to keep a lot of fish.  Haven't done that for years.  Hearing you talk about it is reminding me of how much I miss it.  I used to raise viviparous (live-bearing) tropical fish - guppies, helleries, platies, mollies, etc. For some reason, never like rearing goldfish.
Watching ' FINDING NEMO' made me hesitate a bit about starting back up an aquarium!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 08:57:41 AM »

All I have now is 1 lonely crayfish, Ive had him for 3 years now. Its HUGE :lol;

Fattening him up for a lobster dinner? ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 01:54:26 AM »

Fattening him up for a lobster dinner? ;D
Thats funny...I have a good friend up in Maine who LOVES Lobster. She says this ones lucky because hes from the "South" and, being from Pittsburgh, is probably polluted. I myself do not like seafood, again this ones lucked out.

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »