I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Lola needs HELP!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lola needs HELP!!!!!!  (Read 14874 times)
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 10:58:10 AM »

:2thumbsup; :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; Otto gets to stay on 4 days, labs look GREAT!!! Funny thing is his B/P was 200/110 yet all his flow sheets show since starting another B/P med last month it's been great, they asked if he felt OK and he nope YOU GUYS STRESS me out!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I'm finally starting to rub off on him. FYI cheesy puffs are VERY bad for you :oops; so Otto is going back to chippies

He may have extra fluid on.  He may want to challenge his dry weight.  High BP is a sign of extra fluid.

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

rerun, his BP is PERFECT at home, but goes out of control at the clinic when the B@#$% nurse comes in.....The girls just laughed when he pointed out his BP on his daily flow sheets.....

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »

What great news!  So glad four days is working for Otto.    Nice to read some good news   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Malibu

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »

I don't know why I haven't looked at this thread before.  Lola, your Otto sounds just like my MM, he says he could chuck the whole thing in a heart beat, and I am sick of hearing that.  The other day I said Don't you care about me at all?  Why do you want to leave me all alone?  Guess what?  He hasn't said that he was going to quit since then.  The little bas$%^&.

I am having trouble with out clinic and the nurses at our Dr as well. I clicked on your name to see if you lived in Houston, TX because I thought you were surely talking about our Dr's office!   :banghead; I'm not going to let them run over me anymore.  Your post has inspired me!   :boxing;  They better act right or I'm gonna give it to 'em.  Thanks!  And I am so glad you took control of your situation there, that is absolutely wonderful!
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »

Hey Malibu, if you need any hints on :boxing; :boxing; :boxing; let me know. Most Dr's put there heads down when they see me >:D Otto only does this for the kids and I as he knows we still need him. But man once we win the Lottery he's outa here >:D >:D >:D KIDDING!!!!! Today we got an e-mail from one of the NA's asking us to start e-mailing everything to her so she makes sure the DR see's it since the B@#$% again told Otto yesterday he has missing flow sheets....I swear she's the biggest idiot

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »

Well Otto's been told he needs to go back to 5 days :'( His labs are looking really bad and his Dr basically told Otto he is going to end up 6 feet under. Otto is struggling so bad mentally as needing a machine to stay alive. We all tried to convince him to go in center for 2-3 months for a "break" and he asked to get a "break" altogether :'(. It is so hard to see him go through this, we have tried anti depressants and also to get him to go talk to someone but he's against it all. Otto is also having issues with one of his buttonholes so they want to start a new one but that means going in every day till it is established. This week his arm hurt the entire run so of course he skipped the next day to let it "rest". :Kit n Stik;  Our social worker also tried to talk to him about things but she's not the brightest bulb on the tree, as she asked me if  I needed help with paper work for medicare B which I reminded her  that I can not afford to add anymore for medical but that I found out Otto should get Medical assistance since he is deemed disabled by SS and her response was " oh yeah I guess I didn't even think about that" she then offered to help with the paper work, my response "no thanks I already did your job" :Kit n Stik; grrrrrrrrrrr. I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!! There's my vent :cuddle;

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;
Poor Otto. HUGS for you both lola.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 11:05:54 AM »

Lola  :pray; it gets better for you both.   :grouphug;

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »

Lola it all sounds very overwhelming and I'm hoping you can both get a breather very soon.   :cuddle;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »

Sorry to hear about Otto Lola. Hope he gets better and comes around to go in center for a bit to get button hole started in a new place.

As for the social worker -  :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 03:42:02 PM »

What about two days on 1 day off? You end up doing 4 treatments some weeks (one out of every three weeks) and five treatments others (two out of every three).

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »

Lola your family is in my prayers especially Otto. I can't begin to know what he is feeling but I definitely sense the frustration. Wish there was something more I could do to help.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 05:19:55 PM »

I am sorry about Otto's labs and his frustration.  It hasn't been easy for him - or you - for quite awhile.   Sending love and some hugs.   :cuddle;   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »

What about two days on 1 day off? You end up doing 4 treatments some weeks (one out of every three weeks) and five treatments others (two out of every three).

Otto is on call Saturday's and so Sunday and Monday is his day's off and he REFUSES to do Sunday as that is his only day off from work and D. I'm  :pray; that this week he'll do 5 days but I'm sure he'll come up with an excuse of some sort :Kit n Stik;

looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 09:07:29 PM »

Oh Lola...I sure hope things get better quickly for you both.  I got a grin out of your rant about the social worker.....we have one of those "not so bright" ones here too.   :banghead;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
M3Riddler

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

Hi Lola,

I know your post is old and I believe everything is settled.  You have to look at things from both points of view. Not sure, but your clinic may been billling for more treatments than your husband was doing at home. This is why they like to know if you even take one day or switch your days off. They bill for it and you know how that goes.....
Even though his labs are good now, this may affect him long term with the larger molecules.... Remember, kidneys work 24/7. But I do understand the choice he has made and that should be his right.
Im thinking that Davita is more interested in the billing part.

///M3R

Admin of Dialysis Discussion Uncensored on Facebook  

I can fly!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

Well Otto is going back to in-center....They want him to go to 6 days and he say's OH H@#$ NO!!!! I think he (we) need a break from Davita or should I say a few staff members. I have such mixed emotions on this not sure what to say.............Otto's phosphorous is 10.9 they were suppose to send him something new to try 3 weeks ago when it was 8.2 but of course we have yet to see it :Kit n Stik;

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »

Six days?? For how long each day? Oh man, I don't blame him for saying no. How are you doing lola??

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »

He may feel better going six days a week.  It is the up and coming dialysis.

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 05:46:12 AM »

I think his "run" time is around 2.45, and getting him to do 5 days a week is a joke but now 6. I'm doing ok I think

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »

so finding a center for Otto is turning into a challenge. Otto needs M W F around 9am due to his work schedule and also the kids, I was told he can be on a waiting list since people do pass away mmmmmmmmmmmmThanks!!!!

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 02:10:50 PM »

Well we finally got into Otto's old unit, they made some calls and found someone who was willing to switch  :bandance; when I called the B@#$% nurse at Dahhvita she was so rude and said she wasn't going to help make the call to the new center and set it up. I informed her that was fine, I had already given her name to the clinic mgr who would call her and let her know she can't act this way....

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »

Wow, what a rude Bi@tch. Isn't that her job?  ???
 :Kit n Stik;

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 06:53:20 AM »

Otto is set to start in-center on Friday, yesterday as he was coming off wall-e his BP crashed I actually thought I was gonna have to call 911. Every day this week an hour or 2 after he's done he has started to feel very light headed and breaks out in a cold sweat. I have watched this get worse the more dialysis he does, when he is on 4 days he feels better then when he is on 5. I have asked if his dry weight is off or if there is something wrong with the unit, but I just keep hearing it's because he's not doing enough dialysis. I really think had he been shown some compassion and had someone listened to him he would not be making the switch. I have no idea what it is like to be a dialysis pt but I try to always show compassion, just wish Otto's unit would have done the same. I am scared to death as we watched Otto "wither" away in-center but pray to God this time is different.. We are going to go back to Fresinius and when he was with them before everyone was always very nice to deal with. Poor little Cierra was in the room yesterday when Otto's BP crashed and for the rest of the day she would not leave Otto's side :angel; Thanks again everyone for all the support  :grouphug;

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »