I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:13:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Travel
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travel  (Read 2834 times)
Everlasting

our community

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »

Can anyone give me some tips about travelling with an individual in renal failure?  I am a wheelchair user and will be with my partner who is in renal failure....we will have to rely on the good spirit of airport porters.  I anticipate that we will have to change airplanes - each at far ends of the terminal.  I am concerned that my partner will become exhausted and faint while on his feet and in the end not make our connections.  Has anyone used an airport's 'quiet room" and if so how and who do you talk to on this subject?  The airports we will be passing through are in Houston and Newark, New York.
Everlasting

EDITED:Moved to travel section-kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:25:04 PM by kitkatz » Logged
dizzypt

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »

I travelled to USA from England a couple of years ago.  I spoke to the airline I travelled with and they arranged airport assistance for me in the form of an attendant and a wheelchair.  Try talking to your travel agent or the airports or carrier.  They should be able to help you.

Have a great trip
Chrissie

Chrissie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »