I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Up date on CAPD tube
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Up date on CAPD tube  (Read 3523 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »

Well, husband has had his tube in for about 10 days now, as I said before it was not working properly, it was not draining out very good. He has been doing hemo plus the CAPD exchanges. Very tiring because he had to get up at 4am to do an exchange before he went off to hemo at 6am. The nurse came to day and said it was a waste of time carrying on and that she would inform the surgeon to get him in on an emergency to replace it. It is quite funny, since he has been doing both his bloods are a lot better, but with not draining out his weight has gone up slightly. I thought he might have been bouncing, I did how ever get him to come Christmas shopping with me to-day and he wasn't as tired. I will let you know how the saga goes. My be for Christmas we will be up and running, who knows.

EDITED:Moved to CAPD home dialysis section- kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:55:16 PM by kitkatz » Logged
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »

Why doesn't he just do his bag while he's at haemo?  No reason you couldn't do both at the same time.  Save getting up early.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:44 PM »

I hope it gets a whole lot better for you Billybags. God knows, you two have been thru enought already. Keep your chin up.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:30:16 AM »

Have me and Alan been separated at birth ? From PD to hemo , to catheters .. or does he just not want to feel left out !  :rofl; Give him my best and tell him 3rd time lucky  :2thumbsup;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 05:46:25 AM »

Billybags..maybe with hemo and PD both going on at the same time, Alan will be so energetic that he will take over all the stuff you do  ;D  Just kidding.  Here's hoping that things get back on track for you both soon so you can enjoy the Holiday season!

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:16:50 AM »

OK. Had a phone call from hospital to-day, apparently neph and surgeon had a meeting yesterday, Alan has got to go in to the CAPD unit after hemo on Monday, the nurse is going to "OVER LOAD"  him sounds scary and hopefully the tube will drop. Why don't they hitch him up to the taps (forcets for my American friends) and see if that works. I suppose it is worth a try. Up wards and on wards, dip, dip, dip. :banghead;
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »

Just watch out when they overload him , that he doesnt go POP !  :rofl;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »

Husband went in to the CAPD unit yesterday after hemo. The head nurse saw him and said she was going to try some thing and hopefully his tube would work instead of having another one fitted. She got a huge plastic syringe and connected it to his tube and drew up fluid, now I know what some of you will be thinking, dirty minds, and what do you know, out came a lot of gunk left over from the surgery, knives, scissors, stitches, nuts bolts. ok there was bits and bobs and now it works. So hopefully good -by hemo and hello again CAPD. :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »

Well, I will be darned. Well, I guess, as long as it works, who cares. You were joking about scissors * nuts & bolts, weren't you?

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »

So, ok it doesn't work now, husband is getting overloaded, it is not draining out all that goes in and its week end again. He has been told to wait till Monday unless he is breathless.  :banghead; :banghead; Getting really pis**ed off guys. They hoped it would drop but it hasn't, they know the tube is set too high.  :banghead; :banghead; Roll on Monday.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »

BB..how frustrating!  When you posted that it was working after getting all the gunk out of it, I just knew things were turning around for you. And now....well..take a big stick with you on Monday!   :Kit n Stik;

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »

Spoke to the unit and they have made him an appointment for "wait for it" Thursday. Oh, unless he gets breathless and that could be an emergency. Weight :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; still rising and has a slight cough.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

I'll be keeping my finger and toes crossed BB that no emergency arises.  Hang in there, both of you.  :grouphug;

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »

This week has been a good week. My husband suffers with RLS and before Sunday he was getting some really bad drains and we thought he would have to have a another replacement tube. Low and behold on Sunday night he was really bad with his legs, he was tossing all over the place all night. Come Monday he started to drain OK, whether he had juggled the tube up with his tossing about I don't know. Keep your fingers crossed. He is having his lines out of his neck to- morrow. We are now officially back with the CAPD unit.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 07:54:15 AM »

So glad to hear it BB...must have been the eyes crossed that worked! 

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 12:00:59 AM »

Well, I will be darned!!!! But, hey, whatever works, eh?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »