I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received  (Read 78320 times)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »

Um, I guess we shouldn't put the tracking numbers up on here?  :sarcasm; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »

Ummmmmm Santa I can explain everything.....Ummm...maybe?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2009, 04:34:05 AM »

Ummmmmm Santa I can explain everything.....Ummm...maybe?

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;.....

You or I could explain our way out of trouble with Santa, KitKatz, but I think Dan's beyond redemption!... :rofl;

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2009, 04:23:16 PM »

my package keeps moving around the tree..... I dont understand..... I have not touched it.....   but I have been keeping tract and Yes its moving from the back of the tree to the front.......  I finally know what is happening....... its my daughter   Sara....   ( who is 24 )  she is more excited about this gift and has been trying to figure out who and what it is..... she even took the time to try to find out who sent it from the town that was on the package....  she spent alot of time on IHD trying to find eveyone who lived in that state.....   She says she thinks she knows  but   is not certain.......   and she wont tell me  .....  So why is she so curious.... 

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

Tyefly... tell your daught to call me.  I may have some tips for her.  Even though I haven't really tried any of them.  Tiger: 13.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »

Tyefly, Sara sounds like a lot of fun!  It will be interesting to see if she figured out the correct person  :thumbup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »

Maybe you should open it now Tyefly!  It could be a puppy!   :clap;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2009, 06:20:22 AM »

A Puppy?    :bow; :2thumbsup; :clap; :yahoo;  I want a puppy.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Goofy

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2009, 07:34:41 AM »

I received my package a few weeks back but didn't know this thread was here.  So thank you secret santa. 

I promise I won't open it until Chirstmas day (as stated on the package)!!  I didn't realize people waited to Christmas day to open them but I was saving mine anyway because its probably the only present I'll get.  I was bad this year!!!!!
tyefly
Elite Member

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »

Oh  Dear  Secret Santa...what have you done....

I received another package from secret santa.......Sara (my daughter )  works at the UPS store where we have our mail sent and she brought it home all excited again......   The package said....

GO AHEAD....AND OPEN THIS ONE......

So I asked Sara....should I open this one.... should I......  she looked at me with serious big brown eyes and then she looked at the package and then back at me  and  with a long long pause...she said...  OPEN IT......  yes  open it.....it says to open.......... quickly.......      so we both opened the package   and    we found boxes of chocolate...Each piece is decorated with different patterns and they are beautiful.....   We both looked at each other  and then the chocolate......( I already had my eye on the piece that I wanted )  and we both grabbed one.....  we just sat there and looked at each other and chewed and chewed......   I know we both felt like kids again......    Sara suggested that we both have one each day until Christmas......   

Thank you secret santa......  for a gift that we could open early.....    I still have the other gift that I am saving to open on Christmas.......    I got to open early.....ha ha ha........... :cheer:     ha ha ha....... :cheer:

CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

- John Muir
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »

Hubby got his gift today.  It's from North Carolina!!!  Don't know who from!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

PHEW!!!!!!  I finally got over to the USVI and mailed out mine and Lilbajanne's.  They said they should arrive by the end of this week.  Sent them Priority and will track them.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »

I turned hubby's gift over and now I know from the return address who it is from.  Thanks!!! He will not even open the envelope until Christmas morning. Now I have to get my tree up so I can put the gifts under it!!  Have to bring the tree in from the shed tonight. Forecast is 20 - 40 cm of snow tonight and tomorrow!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Goofy

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »

Kellyt, you really made me laugh with the puppy comment!  And Dan made me laugh too.  Even though I've never even seen a picture of Dan, I could just see him sitting there saying I want a puppy!  I love his sense of humor!
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »

LALALALALALALALALALA :flower; :flower; :flower; :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :santahat; :christmastree; :snowman; :snowman; :rudolph; :snowman; :christmastree; :wine;

I got my Secret Santa, its under the tree!!!!!!!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2009, 03:58:40 AM »

Well, how are we doing with the old Secret Santa List???....

Has anyone else received their gifts???.... It would help the Grammalady a lot if she knew what the current situation is!...

Oooops, almost forgot to say... Neither Mum's nor my gifts have arrived... Not worried though... Still a few days to go!...

Love to all....

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2009, 06:37:01 AM »

I got mine a while ago. Thanks Santa. I had trouble trying to ship mine. The one place I went had it almost ready to go then informed me they didn't do international. So mine was mailed by the post office. It hopefully will get there this week or between Christmas and New Years. To the person that gets my gift, I love you and sorry for the delay.
tyefly
Elite Member

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

I am worried......  I sent my secret santa give a few weeks ago.... and yet the person has not said that they have received the gift......it was international.... was sent correctly..... we hope the address was correct.....we hope customs doesnt blow it.......  or pirates do high jack it..........     

CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

- John Muir

- John Muir
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2009, 07:25:37 AM »

Tyefly,

I feel your pain!!!...

I posted both of our gifts to the US... When I was tracking them on the post office's website, one of them came up as 'Return To Sender'... I was wondering what the heck I'd done wrong... Had I put something illicit into it???... I was waiting for the gift to be returned to me, when it showed as 'Delivered To Addressee'... While I'm glad it got there safely, I STILL don't know what happened!...

Postal service, eh???.....

Darth...

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2009, 08:18:02 AM »

ok, here we are, it's that time., down to the wire................the last day do mail packages in the us for christmas arival is MONDAY, DECEMBER 21...............if you haven't mailed your package, (lisping) you're in trouble mister!!!! i don't even want to think about overseas shipments.  please, please, please if you have not sent or received your package let me know. posting in this thread is fine, or pm me. by the way to the powers that be, whoever does this next year, ya ya ask me about it in 6 months, needs an expanded in box!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2009, 08:46:58 AM »

by the way to the powers that be, whoever does this next year, ya ya ask me about it in 6 months, needs an expanded in box!

And a Valium sandwich, Gramma!!!!.... :rofl;

Darth...

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

Thanks grammalady for putting all this time and effort into making this so much fun!  I was getting worried about the package I shipped, but know it has arrived   :2thumbsup;     

If you can't get your package out, tell grammalady today or tomorrow and maybe someone else can send a replacement gift.  I could (I think) put one in the mail Monday.   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »

by the way to the powers that be, whoever does this next year, ya ya ask me about it in 6 months, needs an expanded in box!

And a Valium sandwich, Gramma!!!!.... :rofl;

Darth...

skip the valium. i just need some rum for my egg nog, i'm out.........although eggnog tastes pretty good in my coffee!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »

One gallon of rum, or two, Gramma???.... :rofl;
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:51:00 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

I just got mine today.
It has a funny return address label on it "From: I knew you would look here, Secrete Santa of course, Way Way Up Here Where It Is, Hope You Like Your Gifts, Not Today, NJ   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

But they put there phone number on there so I will have to call  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Saw the label and that just made me laugh

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012