I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 03:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa Gift - Sent/Received  (Read 78348 times)
draven

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 06:03:58 AM »

sent mine on the weekend :)
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »

Got mine  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »

Mine was mailed yesterday!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »

I gotta buy a box to put my box in  :urcrazy; :rofl;

I need to wrap mine, get a humoruos Christmas Card, get a box, tape it up, and ship it off. So it will get out this week.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »

Gee Chris, you might as well just tell us what you bought...  :D

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »

Mine is mailed (priority 6-10 days) and I have my lovely secret santa gift right here. 

Kit--stay away from the box!

Chris, since I already received my Secret Santa gift, I know you don't have my name------------------------so you can tell me who you have and what it is  :secret;          It will be just between the two of us-----------no one else will read this.      :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Mizar

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »

:snowman;
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:41:48 AM by Mizar » Logged
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »

Gee Chris, you might as well just tell us what you bought...  :D

Ok, Kelly, the name of my person starts with the letter from a choice of A - Z and ends in a letter from A - Z. Vanna will display the letter you choose if you choose wisely afer you spin the wheel! :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »

I thought we automatically got RSTLNE Then I choose C, D, P & A. 
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

The problem is we have lots of California members, many who have the same initials!  Now, how are we suppose to figure out which member it is from with that information?    Dan, did you get your package through the CT scan??     Mine is now under the half decorated Christmas tree.  It looks very nice sitting there   :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

I pick mine up and give it a good hug every day. No, I don't shake it and I haven't picked at the tape. It will travel all the way to Massachusetts with me for the big day!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »

True Paris, but there is only one town in californioa that starts with Y and ends in Linda and has the same zip code...  and searchs for profiles online are easy, aren't they YlGuy?

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2009, 02:36:53 PM »

Have you not read my posts???  Does the term "Double Box" mean anything??? Have I been in touch with any other members to accomplish such a thing?  Hmmm, makes ya wonder.  8)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »

Man--- I was trying to throw you a curve ball!  You have done your research!!  I haven't looked at the return address label---so I have no idea.  But, the package is wrapped in gold and is all shiny and sparkly!   Stop shaking your box!!  (uh--that didn't sound right,did it?)

dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »

but I said up front that I'd figure it out and that I would not open it (as if I could with a whole roll of tape around it).  Still working...I know that Mark,  Kitkatz and Jean all live near each other.   Jean would have told...Kit  would have traded names, so that leaves you know who.

I hope it is a fire engine.  Pre school I went with my dad to my uncle's hardware store -- just browsing.  There were not toy stores in this little one horse town in Missouri so my uncle had a beautiful shiny fire engine on the top shelf (it was a toy like kids get inside and peddle and so red).  I wanted it.  It was very poor and lean days and my dad said no.  I picked up a hammer from a display and threw it at him.  He picked up me and beat my "avitar", then handed me the hammer and said, Ok young man, throw it again.  Well, being the obiedient child that I was...  guess  what I did.  And he beat my butt again (where was child protection when I was a kid?)

End result, I didn't get the fire engine that year.  or the year after.  even when times got better and we weren't so poor I kept asking for the fire engine.  I never got a fire engine.  Ever.  Electric trains, bicycles, etc.  But no fire engine.  Someday I'll get one.  Could be this year!

But then someday after Christmas, I'll tell what he did give me the Christmas after he died.  Can't think about that now.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »

DWCrawford- If I had any money I would buy you the biggest firetruck I could mail- and it would have a siren and red lights that flashed aand bells and a ladder that extended up real high.......and you would not need a hammer at all!!!   :-*

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

I had always wanted a little red wagon and never got one.  My first born, when he was just 3 months old,  got that little red wagon for Christmas.  He is now 18 years old.  I use the wagon every Saturday during football season to carry the chairs, easy up and water.  I also use it on camping trips to haul the gear in. 
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2009, 04:43:11 PM »

I loved my little red wagon too.  My Papa (granddaddy Crawford) got me a goat and harnessed him up to pull me around.  I've got the picture and I love it.  Mother said I couldn't have the goat but Papa was the boss.  Billy ate the clothes from the clothes line and everything else he could.  One year he ran away just about Christmas time (or so I was told).  Mom had made tamales out of him.  We ate ole Bill!  Now that was sad.   :'( 

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:29 PM »

dw we had very little money when I was growing up.  I never ever had a Barbie doll!!!  I wanted one really bad but Christmas gifts were usually clothes that you needed never toys!!  Will I told my husband this story - must have been in 1999.  We were watching tv one night and they advertised Barbie's.  I said I had never ever had one .  Guess what was under the tree that year??  A 2000 Holiday Barbie.  I knew nothing about it until I opened it.  What a surprise - I hadn't even realized he was listening to me!!  Every year since he has given me a holiday Barbie!!!   Hope you get your red fire engine!!   :cuddle;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Mizar

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

When My Oldest Daughter was little, She always, wanted a " Kenner Give-A-Show Projecter " I thought that was a waste of Money.
Now She is 43, has a Large Flat Screen TV, a Blu-Ray DVD Player and all the Bells and Whistles, to go with it. She is 43 now. Probably, too late to give the, " Give-A-Show Projector" I still think about that. Time goes by Quick, Folks, do what You need to do now!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »

but I said up front that I'd figure it out and that I would not open it (as if I could with a whole roll of tape around it).  Still working...I know that Mark,  Kitkatz and Jean all live near each other.   Jean would have told...Kit  would have traded names, so that leaves you know who.

I live in Calif. near Jean, Kitlkatz, YLGuy and so does peleroja....

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that if you could find the Give a Show Projecter it would be her favorite gift.  Try E-bay!  That'd be so cool.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:17:56 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2009, 05:28:26 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenner-Give-a-Show-Projector-with-many-many-slides_W0QQitemZ250539088529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a554b1a91

I couldn't resist looking it up!!!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »

My son-in-law thought he could go to Target or Walmart and pick up a jello mold like his mothers.  After going to store after store last year, he finally described to me what he was looking for.  It is the vintage Tupperware mold with interchangable holiday center.  I went to Ebay, found one with all the holiday parts and got it for Christmas.  The look on his face was priceless! He couldn't believe someone would go to all that trouble to find something for him. It was probably the cheapest gift I bought last year, but the one I got the most pleasure from.  He made black cherry jello for Thanksgiving.   It isn't the expense, it is the thought, truly. 

I now know Del is much younger than me because Barbie wasn't out when I was young!   :rofl;   I think your husband has a heart of gold!  Sweet story!

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »

ow Dan, my boy, I would not have traded your name off to anyone. I would just have stuffed that box full of coal for you and sent it off.  Or found the perfect ass to send to you!   Love ya!
How do you know if YLguy and I did not trade boxes and mail it from separate cities to throw you all off the track of the Secret Santa trail?  Huh? Huh?   

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »