I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Creatinine holding at 1.2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creatinine holding at 1.2  (Read 2125 times)
kellyt
Elite Member

« on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »

I had a full day of doctor appointments and stuff.  I had to be at the clinic at 8 a.m. (left my house around 6:45 a.m.) and had my labs drawn.  Had nowhere to go until my scheduled pelvic CT scheduled at 1:30 p.m. so went to Target, Stein Mart, and, oh yeah, finally got my yearly mammo!  I was supposed to get it in January.  oops

Anyway, was supposed to be no food or drink for 4 hours prior to CT, so I stopped drinking at 9 a.m.  Then at 11:30 a.m. I started to drink that nasty barium for the CT with contrast.  That is the most vile concoction ever.  It has a "berry" taste, but I wanted to puke with every sip.  I was supposed to drink two full bottles, but only managed 1 full bottle and maybe a 1/4 of the 2nd bottle.  I hope that was enough.  The tech didn't ask and I didn't tell how much I drank.  barf!   :puke;  The CT lasted about 4 minutes literally and then I headed back to the clinic to see the doctor and get my lab results.  Praise God my creatinine is still 1.2, but unfortunately the lymphocele fluid is coming back.  I have a consult on the 17th to discuss "surgery" to go in and cut a hole in the lymphocele pouch so that the fluid will drain into my abdomen and be absorbed and then the pouch cannot fill again.  We will also be discussing the removal and possible replacement of the stint.

Good news overall.  I'm happy with that.   Best thing - I had no issues with doctors, nurses, staff, etc.  All went smooth.   :thumbup;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

Congratulations on the fab creatinine reading, Kelly. I am sorry about the ongoing lymphocele issue, but your positive outlook is inspiring.

I'll be hoping for the best possible news for you next week. Hang in there.

:flower;

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

What a day you had, Kelly! So glad to hear about the numbers. Wish you weren't having other issues, though!

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »