I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  California Trip! Anyone know any good dialysis centers there?Nervous
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Trip! Anyone know any good dialysis centers there?Nervous  (Read 5525 times)
Lilu323

« on: November 03, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »

Hello Everyone,
I hope all is going well. I have been missing in action for a little bit. Glad to be back. I am trying to plan my first trip while be on dialysis and super nervous. I want to go see California (southern part) La,san diego..ect and I would like to know if anyone has gone to visit and if there are any clinics out there that are good. Thanks for you time.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »

I live in Rialto, outside Los Angeles. Davita West- Magnolia Center is pretty good. I will PM you with my phone number if you want it.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »

I live in Orange County near Disneyland and  Knott's Berry Farm.  I go to a Davita Center that I believe is very good.  PM me if you want the info.

Hey, how about a 1 night SoCal member get together when Lilu comes out??? We have Olive gardens here.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »

When do you come to California> We can arrange an get together of the SO CA members.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
harv

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »

Davita Hollywood Dialysis is good and conveniently located.  If Ariel is still running the clinic is  a-l   .  Tell them Harvey  says hello from the Philippines :flower;
Epofriend

This is what happens in Vegas!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 05:06:41 AM »

Hello Everyone,
I hope all is going well. I have been missing in action for a little bit. Glad to be back. I am trying to plan my first trip while be on dialysis and super nervous. I want to go see California (southern part) La,san diego..ect and I would like to know if anyone has gone to visit and if there are any clinics out there that are good. Thanks for you time.

Lilu, don't be nervous. I am on dialysis and I have traveled, and traveled, and traveled more! It is one thing that makes life worth living.

You should be talking to your unit's social worker. Have an itinerary and he/she will make the arrangements for dialysis along the way. (A list of preferred centers (our recommendations :) ) can't hurt.)

How long before you go? The social worker usually needs a month for arrangements...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:08:14 AM by Epofriend » Logged

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

How about a date when you will be in the area? We can have a mini meet of the IHD.com family in So Ca! Let us know.

lifenotonthelist.com

Lilu323

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »

Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for all your feedback. I am not sure yet on the date of when to go. Im just worried about traveling while on dialysis. What happens if you get delayed in the airport??
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »

One way to diminish that fear would be to get a direct flight.  The more layovers, the likely for delays.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »

And travel in your 3 day gap.

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »