I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 04:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Ideal Dialysis Center
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideal Dialysis Center  (Read 8628 times)
Bub

« on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

If you could design an ideal dialysis center what would it be?  Be realistic!
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

Oh BOY!!!! I cant wait to see the answers to that one. Not being experienced at this, I dont know yet, but I am sure there will be plenty of innovative suggestions. Good Post, thanks.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »

How realistic??   ???

Here is my perfect dialysis center:  private small rooms with a nurse button which is actually a shock collar and a private TV with cable and a DVD slot. Snack tray with hot coffee served and an ice machine.  Lights that dim.  A chair that is heated and fit to my body.  Intelligent staff.  A laptop which is also a connection to my doctor so he has to answer my questions and talk to me.  And temperature control where I can reach it.

That would be a dream.......    :pray;

Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:06:36 PM »

All I want is a Cone of Silence. 

So I don't have to listen to Yammering Idiot talk as loud as possible about nothing in particular.  So I don't have to smell the foot gout from Clinically Obese Fat Dude.  So I don't have to be bothered by Extremely Obese Fat Woman slamming into my chair with her wheel chair and thinking its funny.  Or sit between the Mexican Twins who scream in Spanish over me for three hours.  Or listen to Every Ten Minute Complaining Woman who whines about everything. 

In fact, scratch all that.  Just give me my own Dialysis Bubble away from society with Hot Librarian Nurse and Sassy Neckish Tech to provide my care and I'll be happy.

Being forced to sit next to these unhygienic cretins every treatment is turning me into the Youngest Curmudgeon Ever.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 02:28:20 AM »

I am still pre-dialysis and I hope to come across a centre
where cleanliness is a real priority
and the medical staff are not aggressive or bullying
towards vulnerable, fragile patients.
I would hope to come across a dialysis centre
where I don't have to undergo aggravation
because of my photosensitivity and where
the medical staff are reliable enough
to take my photosensitivity into account.
I also would like to be there with my husband
because of his calming adorable character.
I don't think I would need more.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Bub

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 07:14:42 AM »

Stacy without an E you are a Hoot!

You forgot about the  90 year old guy who snores louder than a tornado, and the 80 year old lady from the nursing home who stares at you for 5 hours without blinking.
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »

Everyone gets their own room and their own tech who answers alarms within 30 seconds!!!!!  I only spent 6 months on hemo, and I hated every minute of it.  People snoring, cracking gum, deaf as a post with their TV at maximum, etc.  One woman came in every M-W-F with a giant back of Cheetos and polished off the entire bag!  She was sitting next to me when the doc was rounding.  He told her that her dry weight was 95 and she was 112 that day.  He then asked her when was the last time she was anywhere near her dry weight!  I once had to call the front desk and ask them to send a tech to turn off my alarm which had been ringing for over 20 minutes.  Why are all the technicians deaf?!?  I just hope my PD lasts until I'm dead so I never have to go back to hemo.  Think I'd rather die than experience all that again.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »

i want well trained people willing to DO THEIR JOB!!!!!!!

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Wallyz

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

I want a center where I can dialyze all night with my family with me, where I can stick myself and I am responsible for my own dialysis.

www.nxstage.com

Go home, people.
MissyKew

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:51 AM »

I would be happy if they just started by taking all the blocks off the internet.  We ARE NOT children or employees who need to be restricted on the net.}
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »

Since I am in what is reported to be the largest Davita Center in the world, Med Center Davita, Houston, I can't expect it to be perfect.  However, I have manage to  surround myself with great people, including the world best (my opinion)  dialysis nurse, Thanh, three great technicials all of whom can cannulate an organge (maybe someday then can do my fistula -- just joking  guys), Rosie, Vivian and Kaliek, the funniest and nicest headnurse, pa, whatever you are Kevin, a brilliant dietician, Gaylee (she lets me eat it all) and bouncy happy social worker, Martha.

A big shout out to all of them.  So here  I start a New Year with a new familly.  I don't need a New Year's Resolution -- except I need to stop being such a nice guy to you all.  Grrrr.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »

Where is the fun in that, Dan?  :rofl;

My ideal dialysis center would not make you wait, would have friendly knowledgeble efficent staff. It would be quiet (There is one guy at mine who feels he has to saranade us all the time, loudly. I just had his most recent concert. He's talented, but I'd rather he kept his crooning to himself.) The Neph or his PA would not a "drive by shooting" visit, but spend some time with and go over your lastest blood test results in detail.
The chair would be more comfortable, the TV would have more chanels, and I would be able to acess the internet everytime.(I just about do now.So this isn't a complaint.)
        It would nice if all the other patients on my shift, and staff, were very hot looking women. But then my wife wouldn"t want me go to dialysis. :rofl; :rofl;

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Bub

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »

A big shout out to all of them.  So here  I start a New Year with a new familly.  I don't need a New Year's Resolution -- except I need to stop being such a nice guy to you all.  Grrrr.

Wow, sounds like you are really happy with what you have.  I like the positive attitude!
jdwills83

LOVE will fix ANYTHING.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

Leather heated chairs

Private little sound proof cubbys

flat screen touch tv with dvd, access to internet and labs, dialysis time left, flow, etc...

a la carte snack cart (featuring snow cones)

volunteers who would come in once a week and play games, read to you.

nurse call buttons
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »

Dancing girls!!!

I like Stacy's suggestion actually. Very funny, mate... I hope you can get out of that hell real soon!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »

I would think a lovely warm heated water bed would be nice. Impractical, but nice.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 08:06:58 PM »

I would like to get out of dialysis a little early as I go at night and get home after midnight and have to get up at 5am to go to work. 

I would like for the patients who play their TV loud to buy headphones.  No one wants to hear your TV show but you as all patients have their on TV. 

I would like the nurses and technicians to work together so patients can get on and off quickly. 

I would like a machine that can clean your blood less than an hour so I don't spend so much time at dialysis. 

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
sico

wheres my bike gone?

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »

Here is my perfect dialysis center:  private small rooms with a nurse button which is actually a shock collar and a private TV with cable and a DVD slot. Snack tray with hot coffee served and an ice machine.  Lights that dim.  A chair that is heated and fit to my body.  Intelligent staff.  A laptop which is also a connection to my doctor so he has to answer my questions and talk to me.  And temperature control where I can reach it.

That would be a dream.......    :pray;

I like the heated chair idea, use to get so cold on HD.

Brad      "Got myself a one way ticket, going the wrong way" - Bon Scott

6/11/08 diagnosed with ESRF, dialysis that day

HD and PD

8th of April 2010 Live kidney transplant from my father.
Brianna!

I met adam lambert for my make a wish!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

volunteers who would come in once a week and play games, read to you.

nurse call buttons
They had volunteers when I went to children's hospital of Wisconsin. They were called "Buddies." They were training to be doctors or something, and they would come in once a week during the school year and play games and stuff. And during the holiday's they would have parties with candy and cupcakes for after dialysis. It was nice. And they have nurse call buttons too.

I want:

Nurses who aren't condensending to me.

"dialysis buddies." again. I miss playing games with them.

Heated blankets. The other day the heat wasn't working. I had like 4 blankets on me!

I can't really think of anything else. I really like my center. They're nice to me, and mostly just let me be.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »