I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Cold????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cold????  (Read 6150 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:29 PM »

Why is it to f***g cold in the dialysis center?  Are they freezing meat in the lunches or what?  I have had it with the cold.  I went from a small blanket to a larger blanket, to a quilt, to an Adirondack like blanket, and now have bought a larger twin size thick blanket.  It is getting ridiculous.  I asked staff three, no four times to turn down the cooler. One did turn it down, but it popped right back on.  I am stuck in a freezing cold room for four hours in a chair with the cold air blowing down on me! 
I am thinking of buying a cheap microwave and making them put it in the patient area for warming up warm packs for us.  Not for patient food, but for hot and warm packs.  Sucks to be cold so long!

I really HATE dialysis tonight!!!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:57:36 PM »

http://www.comforthouse.com/heatthrow.html

Can you plug in one of these?  I have one and love it.  I think the worst part about being anemic is no amount of blankets is ever enough.   You can't trap heat when your body doesn't make it in the first place!

Given how uncooperative your center sounds, though - maybe you should try this ---   >:D
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5130771

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:30:20 AM »

This topic already has several posts.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1492.0

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

Rerun - Moderator
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:33:09 AM by Rerun » Logged

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

I was on a rant, sorry you can move the thread if needed.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »

I was on a rant, sorry you can move the thread if needed.

Next time add "RANT" in the thread title and you will be forgiven.  >:D ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
elifer7

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:47:22 PM »

As a tech in a clinic I can tell you that the reason they keep it so cold is that with all the machines running at the same time it would be so hot that noone could take it becouse there is only a fan the size of a soda can in the back of the machine. just tring to be helpful! :angel;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »

However, there is difference between cooling the room for the techs to be comfortable and me having icicles hanging from my nose because it is so damned cold in the unit!  I am going to write the place up next time I have goosebumps for the entire session under my heavy blanket. I get cold, I get sore and the attitude sucks.  So if something happens that I do not like I can be a real witch.

lifenotonthelist.com

JerseyGirl

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »

The unit can buy and install plastic diverters to be placed over the a/c vents so that the air doesn't flow right down on you.  Talk to the clinic manager, then the administrator if not addressed.  Mention it to the Medical Director as well.  This can be discussed in their monthly CQI meetings as a facility maintenance issue that needs to be fixed.  Yes it is true that the temperature of dialysis clinics is a long standing common problem for both staff and patients.  In every clinic I've worked in this has always been a problem.  But solutions can be arranged.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »