I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  operation cancelled heart murmur!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: operation cancelled heart murmur!  (Read 3842 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« on: September 16, 2009, 05:21:13 AM »

Husband went for pre op tests this morning to have his tube replaced in 2 weeks time, which he was looking forward to. They have cancelled it again. First time he was not well enough, the e-coli was a bas***d, I agreed with that, but now they say he has got a heart murmur and needs furthur tests on his heart before they decide. They tested his heart when he  went to have the tube out, they said he had a little murmur then, but now they have a new machine and the murmur sounds bigger.. Two steps forward and ten steps back. Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem. :banghead;
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:32:47 AM »

Oh, Billybags. I know this is so frustrating. And if they did n't have the new machine they wouldn't have known. It is hard to tell if that is good or bad.

:grouphug; :grouphug;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »

I hope it works out and the heart is not an issue. Sending you some hugs!  :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 08:09:20 AM »

Sorry to hear that (go and have a fag! :rofl;) Hopefully it wont be to serious to stop it going ahead ..didnt he have a murmur first time round or did they just not detect it ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »

Bummer.  Sending you warm fuzzies to help get everything sorted out.  Hang in there and know that we're here for you.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »

Hi every one, husband came home from hospital absolutly shattered to-day. The pre op appointment was for 9 this morning, he was up at 7,  he also had Hemo and got home about 5-30. So the poor sod was on the go for 10 hours. Why do they always make appointments for Hemo days, and wont let you change them. Apparently he had a slight murmur when he got tested to have his tube out, they did'nt tell him this, and in the last month the murmur has got worse, is it because his PTH is very high and they are not doing much about it, or is it because he is on Hemo, who knows, any way it has deffenitly been cancelled again. Guess what!  he now has an appointment for a, whats them things pregnant woman have ,oh yes an ultra scan on his heart and guess what it is on a Hemo day.If we did'nt take this appointment it would mean waiting for another month.
 Kickstart I am off to have another fag (we should not say this on this American site, do you know what it means?) Naughty, Naughty. Thanks every one for your concern.  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Stoday
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »

All this talk about having a fag — it's setting me off. After 4 years without tobacco, I could now do with a fag...

Diagnosed stage 3 CKD May 2003
AV fistula placed June 2009
Started hemo July 2010
Heart Attacks June 2005; October 2010; July 2011
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »

The ultra sound is nothing to worry about (just some very cold like jelly smeared all over !) I had one last year when i was fluid overloaded round my heart , it gives a very good picture of whats going on in there and how bad things are. I have a small leak now because of it , but no one seems to bring this up when surgery is mentioned. Best of luck , i know the worst part of your day will be all the waiting round. !!! Go and have a ciggy , not a man who bats for the other side !  :rofl;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

Kickstart, he is not worried about the ultra sound, its the heart murmer, what do they do to try and right this. Is it more heart surgery, is it tablets, is it trying to get his PTH down that they seem to be ignoring. What?
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »

I hope you find out Billybags, because I also have a heart murmer, but no one ever says if is bad or not. Today I had a carotid scan, seems there is a strange noise in there. Hmmm. Gee, the Golden Years are great, aren't they?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 11:18:57 PM »

Jean they sure are. I will let you know next week how he goes on, we have managed to get in a week early for the scan, managed to get a cancellation.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »

Billybags , sorry cant help you there because mine is a small leak (damage done from un-noticed fluid overload last year. All ive got is tablets and no one seems concerned about it to be honest and i cant say i know any different from before.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »