I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Possible biopsy this week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible biopsy this week.  (Read 11825 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »

:cuddle; Kelly, we are waiting.  :bow;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »

:waiting; Hope to hear soon Kelly.  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
TeenHatesDialysis

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 10:50:39 PM »

I hope that this is just a bump in the road and creatinine goes down. Jaclyn is back in the hospital with a spike in creatinine. The doctors were having a difficult time getting her prograf levels high enough. She was not absorbing it so they gave her one dose of an anti-fungal med that helps prograf absorption and her prograf level went from 9 to 16.7. The Nephrologist has indicated that the spike in Prograf could have caused the spike in creatinine, which went from a baseline of 1.0 on Sunday to 1.8, Wednesday  :stressed;  The Nephrologist also indicated that Jaclyn may be drinking more fluid than her bladder can handle, putting too much pressure on her kidney.

Anyhow, we will be in the hospital until the issue is resolved. I hope that our issue and your issue is just a small glitch and we are back on track with healthy, happy kidneys soon. It helps to read that others have had similar issues and are back on track.

Kelly- Jaclyn and I are praying for you and sending lots of positive vibes your way. Please keep us posted.  :grouphug;

Susan, mom of Jaclyn, Deziree and Valerie

www.cotaforjaclynp.com
Jaclyn and Deziree diagnosed CKD 2/07; NPHP (type 1) 9/07
Jaclyn started dialysis 1/2/08
Successful Transplant 7/4/2009 at Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital @ Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
Deziree in denial
Jaclyn listed 5/08
Deziree listed 1/09 ("Inactive")
Jaclyn Cadaver kidney transplant 7/4/09 (Independence from dialysis day!)
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 04:24:16 AM »

Thinking of you both Kelly and Jaclyn and hoping for a simple quick resolution to this glitch.  :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 04:30:41 AM »

Just caught this thread thinking of you :cuddle;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 06:55:34 AM »

Waiting to hear good news on both fronts.  :cuddle;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »

Hey Kelly, hope all is well.  :grouphug; :grouphug;

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »

:waving;  Kelly.....

Thinking of you and waiting on any news.   :cuddle;    :grouphug;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
TeenHatesDialysis

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »

Kelly - We are praying and sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Jaclyn's biopsy got canceled a couple of hours prior to the surgery.  ;D The doctors say that Jaclyn is very sensitive to Prograf and had a Prograf spike on Sunday due to a med they added to help her absorb the prograf better. The spike in prograf caused vessels to constrict causing her creatinine to spike. Once they controlled the prograf levels they expected the creatinine to start decreasing, but it took 48 hours. Jaclyn is still being monitored overnight in the hospital, but things are going well. It is such a balancing act with all of the meds.

Kelly - I know it is hard to be optimistic, but there are so many things that can be done to resolve these issues. I hope they resolve your issue quickly and you and your kidney are healthy and happy very soon. :grouphug;

www.cotaforjaclynp.com
Successful Transplant 7/4/2009 at Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital @ Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
Deziree in denial
Jaclyn listed 5/08
Jess21

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; Kelly  :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

Susan- Maybe this prograf problem is just something with being 7 weeks out...my level went from 7 on monday to 11 on Thursday at clinic (13 hours after the previous dose).  But my creatinine stayed down at 1.1, which they were surprised at, so they said they'll just see what the level is next Monday (which they won't get until atleast Thursday, since I mail it in!  :banghead; ).  I'm hoping Monday my creatinine is the same.....

Hospitalized w/ renal failure- Nov. 2007
Diagnosed w/ ESRD w/ unknown cause- Jan 2008
Lower arm AV Fistula created- March 2008
On IL transplant list- Oct. 8th, 2008
On WI transplant list- June 25th, 2009
Pediatric 2 kidney transplant- July 6th, 2009 (3/6 antigen match)
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

Ok...all the way home from work I thought about this thread.  Now I am here checking and no news.....Sigh......I am not a patient Wench!

Hoping no news is good news.  Prayers for Kelly.

As for Jac....when my prograf level got up to 12 my creatinine spiked....so I am sure at over 16  that would happen.  Best of luck!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

Kelly, I hope all is okay.   :grouphug;

and for Jaclyn too  :grouphug;

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

Hi everyone.  Sorry no contact for the last few days.

I went in Tuesday as directed and ended up being admitted.  After being placed on or under every machine in the Radiology Department on Tuesday, including a really fun intravaginal ultrascan to be sure this "mass" wasn't an ovarian cyst, I woke-up Wednesday morning knowing exactly what I knew going into the clinic Tuesday morning, which was there is a rather large fluid pocket that is/was just below my kidney.  However, the problem with this pocket of fluid was that it was positioned just so that it was pushing on my new kidney and constricting the ureter so that the kidney could not drain all the way causing urine to backup into the kidney (swelling the kidney).

Wednesday afternoon I finally got the fluid drained (250 cc's!!) and was returned to my room with a Bandaid over the drain site and a poorly 1/2 shaven....well, you know.   :waiting;   That is how low the fluid pocket was - below my kidney and pressing on the kidney and constricting the ureter.

Hoping that my creatinine results in the a.m. would have dropped after the fluid was drained, results in the a.m. showed that it had in fact went up from 2.6 to 2.8   :stressed;   However, the fluid was found not to be urine (thank goodness), but caused by a lymphoceal.  Had it been urine that would have meant that my kidney/ureter was leaking somewhere and surgery would have been needed.

Because there was no drop in the creatinine another ultrascan was done and it showed my kidney to still be enlarged and holding urine.  I was told then that they needed to go in and "perforate the kidney" and put in a drain to release the backed-up urine and pressure.  I was so scared, but had no choice.  Yesterday they took me down and set a drain in the kidney.  I have this nice little bag ever so gently hanging from my tummy.  It filled up a few and drained quite a few times, both with the backed-up urine in the kidney, as well urine currently being made by the kidney.

However, creatinine this morning only dropped from 2.8 back to 2.6.   :stressed;    A drop nonetheless, but not what we were hoping for.  My post transplant doctor said that "The kidney is working well, but we want you to start urinating more into the toilette".  Meaning that fluid will take the path of least resistance and right now the easiest way out is the set drain.  Hopefully, the ureter will open back up and the urine will start flowing into the bladder.  If not, then we will have to put a stent back in place.  All the while we are all praying that no permanent damage has been done to the kidney.  We are now on a mission to keep my Prograf level between 6 and 8, and the Cellcept has been stopped for the time being.

I was sent home with the drain in place and I go back Monday a.m. for labs and will see the doctor Tuesday.  Hopefully the creatinine will start coming down (which he is confident it will do now that the kidney has drained), but he wants to wait 10 days or so before setting a stent (if needed at all).

What a crazy week.  I'm terrified.  I feel fine.  It's good to be back.   :waving;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »

:cuddle; I'm so glad to finally hear from you! Oh goodness! You've been through so much these past few days. I hope on Monday you will have good news with your creatinine. Hang in there little kidney!  :cuddle;

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

I am so glad to see you here!  But, I can't believe all you have been through.  Most of it sounds horrible.  Now we will pray very hard for this kidney to get back on track.  Tell Charles he has to email me if you ever go missing from here again!!   It was hard not to think bad things when you were gone for days.   Now rest and do everything you are suppose to do.  (Nothing!)  And we will wait patiently for Monday and good lab results.    Love you!!! :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »

I hope things get better Kelly!  :grouphug;
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »

:cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;
Poor Kelly - I hope the numbers go the right direction and you can relax!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Wenchie58
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »

Same type of fluid I had Kelly....and the creatinine will go down.  I promise.  You've got to get back on the straight and narrow....so we can meet in Vegas and bend hell out of the straight and narrow!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

How long did it take for your creatinine to go down, Wenchi?

Wenchie58
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »

Took about 5 days if I recall....and its never gone as low as it was.  But I have been constant and steady now for several months, so its all good.

If things dont drain...get that stent in there....backing up will do more damage than anything.  Pee girl...pee!!

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

so happy to hear that you're home  :cuddle;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
TeenHatesDialysis

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »

Kelly - We are praying and sending positive vibes your way. Jaclyn was admitted on Wednesday night and will still be in hospital tomorrow, still being monitored although creatinine is at 1.2-1.3.  There always seems to be a bump or two in the road in the first year and a kidney tune-up or slight maintenance work needed. Good luck and we are crossing our fingers, toes, eyes, etc for good news next week. Go little kidney GO! :grouphug;

www.cotaforjaclynp.com
Deziree in denial
Jaclyn listed 5/08
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 05:31:02 AM »

:grouphug; Oh Kelly, I having been thinking so much about you. I hope they get this resolved. Get that stent back in so the flow can be right. Glad you are home and pray that your numbers come down. I look forward to hearing a good report from you this week. Get plenty of rest and drink tons of water, if you can.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »

Thank you all so much.  I hope everything turns around for Jaclyn, as well.  I hate being in the hospital.  The food is horrible, the bed is uncomfortable - I hate everything about it!  I'm super glad to be home, but am finding it difficult with this silly drain bag hanging from my side.  Oh well, hopefully just a few more days.  AND hopefully they tell me I can shower next week.  I'm sure I stink.

My kidney is still producing a good amount urine and I'm starting to pass more through my ureter and into the toilet.  I wish it were more, but at least something is getting through.  I hope it's not urine from my native kidneys.  That's what the doctor said it could possibly be.  :(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my labs done tomorrow a.m.  My creatinine will hopefully be in the 1's.

Love to you all!

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 12:55:40 PM »

Pee is GOOD!  :2thumbsup;

Glad to hear you are doing better. I've been thinking of you.

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »