I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories
| | |-+  Heading to Wisconsin in June
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heading to Wisconsin in June  (Read 4628 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: April 07, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »

I have a flight already for June 25 to Wisconsin and will be coming back to CA July 9.   

A trip to Chicago is being planned the weekend of the 26-28. 

If anyone has ideas of what to see let me know.

Dialysis is already planned and ready at a center.  Way to go social worker and Davitah!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »

What haven't you seen before when you came here kitkatz. Then I would ask what your likes are.

We do have the Taste of Chicago starting that weekend even though it will be scaled down this year. Not sure how dialysis friendly it is though, haven't been there in years. Not sure if there will be a music festival going on at the time yet.

Maybe Jess will have some input. not sure if we have any other members from Chicago on here.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:20:34 AM »

Okay folks, the Wisconsin and Chicago pics are up on Facebook. Look for me Katherine Soto or under my email Ksotoemail. I am slowly putting pics up.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »

Off Topic I guess, but Kit?

I am talking to the Davita social worker about a trip or two.  I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE!  (Yes, I intended to yell.)  Just wondering were your experiences good at the Dialysis Centers?  Social workers says she needs a few months to do everything.  It seems complicated but I think we don't really get involved. 

Glad you enjoyed your trip.  Didn't Chris bring you chocolate to the airport in Chicago?

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »

Chris was down for the count with eye surgery so we did not meet, unfortunately.

The social worker should be able to work out all the details for you for travel. Just go for it. You will enjoy getting out and about.

lifenotonthelist.com

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »

how much cheese did you eat
did you try the chocolate covered cheese
and where is my souvenir
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »

Hahahahaha! I have a box headed your way soon. No Wisconsin souvenirs though, sorry. Just fun stuff in it!

lifenotonthelist.com

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

That is one chocolate thing I would not try! Chocolate covered cheese  :puke; Two good things that should stay seperate.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 05:26:33 AM »

I'd try it.  Might not like it though but remember when chocolate and peanut butter weren't suppose to be mixed and the elf dropped peanut butter in the chocolate and came up with reeses PB cups?

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:51 AM »

Might not like it though but remember when chocolate and peanut butter weren't suppose to be mixed and the elf dropped peanut butter in the chocolate and came up with reeses PB cups?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfGQmotCIN0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWMM7HPeTHQ&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsWqGX6bvA&feature=related

:waving;
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:53:32 AM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »

No chocolate cheese this time,but I have had it through the old Hickory arms stores.

I did have cheese curds with basil and fried cheese curds.  Nothing real special about them.

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »