I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Advocacy
| | |-+  I need help really bad
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need help really bad  (Read 8494 times)
kidneyless_In_PA

« on: July 31, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »

I am looking for someone or group that helps people on dialysis with problems like I am having with what I call the idiot at my center. It is because of him and the people at the center tomorrow may be my last treatment cus they don't have anything down that I have a Dr. appointment that I have to be one of the first 4 on the machine in the morning so I am out of there by 10:30 a.m. What I am looking for is someone to speak/stand up for me to the center. They don't care that he threatened me. She told me that on the phone. I told her it is not fair to me to be terrified to go in and out of the treatment. So after she yelled at me I thought about it and if they don't take me early on Tuesday I am just gonna get my cell out and call either my husband or my transportation and never go back. I feel like they care more about his rights than mine. Well if they feel that way I keep thinking what is gonna wake them up. So if anybody knows how to help me or a group that stands up for dialysis people like the disabled people , please pm me I do appreciate it, I can't believe that us dialysis patients get treated like dirt and people with working kidneys are treated like a king. I am not looking for special treatment from them just put him out of the clinic since almost every patient complained at least twice. Now we all feel like what is the use. He ends up smelling like a rose and we are the bad guys. I was even gonna call the state on her today cus she stressed if someone new goes on dialysis and their family wants to sit with them she is gonna let their family in with us that is invading my privacy and if someone on dialysis has family that is visiting them from far away then she will let them in with us to see the patient that is also an invasion of privacy. I don't know about you but I don't want people staring at my leg making me feel uncomfortable.I will answer all PMs and thanks in advance. :(

Busy 3 times a week and the other 4 days so cold and weak etc.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »

kidneyless. I don't know what clinic you go to but here's what I found on the internet.

http://dialysisfinder.com/display_list.cfm

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »

I left my clinic due to poor care as well. It was the head nurse that was the main problem. My clinic was privately owned by my neph.

I just called another clinic - happened to be Davita - and told them I was NOT going to have dialysis until they could fit me in at their center. They were very polite and quickly got all the paperwork done within a day so I would not miss any dialysis times. And this center was terrific and clean and orderly - so different than the first one.

The doctor of the clinic called once she realized I had left her clinic so quickly to try to make up for it. NO THANKS!

I hope there is a center near you that you can switch to. That's what I would do if I were you. It doesn't sound like they want to deal with your concerns or that of other patients.

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »

call the police and complain about harassment --
the center will take notice then -
they do not want the negative publicity -
no one has to put up with that to stay alive -
have your husband stay with you for the treatment -- or someone else
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

Maybe you should focus on one problem at a time.  Like Twirl says, call the police and let them show up at the clinic.

Leave his name and all you know about him, leave your name, location, dialysis center etc with the police.  Fix that immediate problem and then worry about the privacy.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »

Apparently she cannot get a restraining order against him for harassment for her other post which seems odd. I guess each state has different laws against harassment and threats.

At this point though, I'm thinking it's time to just find another center. Your not getting treated with respect, you have no faith in them, and you feel like your threatened and don't want to go. Dump the garbage and get a new center. To bad other patients at you facility do not raise any concerns about this person, then they would start to think. One person leaving their clinic won't make a difference because there's another one waiting in line to come in. But have multiple people leave, that speaks money lost big time especially when someone else is looking at the paperwork in the head office.

MIbarra  I had a similar situation where my first neph assigned to me from the hospital er owned his own clinic. I hated that place so much. Got rid of him and the center and went to a center that was closer to home and a much better doctor.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
greco02

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »

I don't know what type of insurance you have but most of the plans have advocates and also have complaint departments.  I will file a complaint with the insurance carrier AND do what was suggested above.

I also suggest you keep records of your calls, who you spoke to, what was said, etc.  You need to be your own advocate cause clearly the center could care less.   :boxing;
kidneyless_In_PA

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »

thanks I didn't think of that, I want to try anything. I am starting to feel like nobody cares about sick people only healthy ones, being sick is not my idea of fun. >:(

Busy 3 times a week and the other 4 days so cold and weak etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »