I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 11:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Possible I Hate Dialysis.com ANNUAL Meet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible I Hate Dialysis.com ANNUAL Meet?  (Read 70192 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »

Haven't thought of that yet, was waiting to see what date the others were trying to set, then going from there.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 10:48:05 PM »

I would love to get Lori Hartwell to come to the California meet she is an amazing woman, my son and I recently met her.

Keep the ideas coming guys.  :thumbup;

Lori Hartwell lives in California so that would be cool. You will have to email her. Do you have her email address? (If you don't I do).

I can't afford to do dialysis in any State so I won't be able to come but if you do the web cam thing during it that would be great! I assume it will be huge if you have a guest speaker. Would any newspapers or magazines cover this? At first I was thinking it would just be like get-togethers gamers usually have but I am getting the impression you are thinking bigger than that.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 11:14:45 PM »

I would love to get Lori Hartwell to come to the California meet she is an amazing woman, my son and I recently met her.

Keep the ideas coming guys.  :thumbup;

Lori Hartwell lives in California so that would be cool. You will have to email her. Do you have her email address? (If you don't I do).

I can't afford to do dialysis in any State so I won't be able to come but if you do the web cam thing during it that would be great! I assume it will be huge if you have a guest speaker. Would any newspapers or magazines cover this? At first I was thinking it would just be like get-togethers gamers usually have but I am getting the impression you are thinking bigger than that.

Yes I have Lori's email, we have spoken several times. She is even a sponsor of this site. Also as I mentioned a few posts back, I would see what I could do to get "local" press coverage. Nothing is set in stone everything is still in just the "ideas" stage it may be as simple as a small BBQ or renting a hall. This is will take some major planning but I think it can be a real nice annual event.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
devlinswife

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 12:16:34 AM »

Hey Epo can you please tell me how many people we have in Ohio and surrounding states? Also if possible can you give me a list of ways I can get ahold of those people so that I can send them a letter seeing if there is any interest and if so what would be the best time frame for them?

Live each day as if it will be your last!
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 12:22:22 AM »

Hey Epo can you please tell me how many people we have in Ohio and surrounding states? Also if possible can you give me a list of ways I can get ahold of those people so that I can send them a letter seeing if there is any interest and if so what would be the best time frame for them?

I really don't know how many members are in Ohio or in the surrounding states, but if they are in the Ohio area and are interested in the event I am sure they will post here. Lets wait and see how many people post here and go from there.  :thumbup;

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

geoffcamp

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 03:12:56 AM »

A trip to Cali sounds fun!  keep me posted on the date so I can make arrangements.  Now i am sing the LL Cool J song going back to Cali! LOL
Geoff

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 08:59:28 AM »

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Boohoo! boohoo!  No meeting for me. Boohoo! boohoo!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »

BaJanne you'll be there, if no other way you'll be in our thoughts. :cuddle;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »

Bajanne can have her own little parrty.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »

Woohoo,  did someone mention LL Cool J?? yummmmy :P   come on down Geoff, your the next contestant on "that dialysis chair" :P  j/k,  (corny joke)  looking forward to meeting you and keep on singing brother....

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 12:05:49 AM »

I wish I could go to where bajanne lives one day because it is not like where I live (Canada)  :2thumbsup;

I used to write a girl who lived in St. Lucia when I was in high school. I wished even back then to be able to visit that area

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 12:25:38 AM »

I really don't know how many members are in Ohio or in the surrounding states, but if they are in the Ohio area and are interested in the event I am sure they will post here. Lets wait and see how many people post here and go from there.  :thumbup;

I am not "in" ohio but ohio is within range for me.  I really can't aford to make it out to cali although it would be nice to finally go there.
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »

An annual meet.  That would be cool! ! ! !  :clap;  I could possibly get to Ohio.  If I can drive to Houston from Kansas and back.  I could surely get to Ohio.  Would be nicer if it was closer thou.  I'm still paying on my treatments in Houston for a month of dialysis last February.

I'm always asking my docs and nurses if there is anyone my age on dialysis.  I would love to meet people around my area.  But there never is.   >:(   :'(

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
devlinswife

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006, 04:31:50 PM »

I'm close to your age, I just turned 29 in August. Where do you live?

tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 07:20:34 PM »

I'm close to your age, I just turned 29 in August. Where do you live?

I'm in Central Kansas

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2006, 01:03:54 PM »

26? There is a guy in my unit around your age. First time I was on dialysis I was 16. Don't feel so bad. Just because it is less common for younger people to be on dialysis doesn't mean you are the only one. We're out there ;) :grouphug;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »

Just wondering if any other areas could host. UK or Canada, Southern US? I think the web cam idea Epoman had is a good idea.
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »

I could be there as well via webcam from Scotland in the UK.

SCOTLAND NO.1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »

My place is too small to host sorry :(  :'(

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »

You don't have a park or a restaurant nearby?

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

devlinswife

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »

How involved do you want the distant ones? Only dinner, or a banquet type learning thing, or a dinner then tour of local area things, give me ideas and a time when it would be the best for people around Ohio. I have many ideas, but I don't know how simple or elaborate you want he first meet. I do know that if any of you are interested in staying at a motel while here, our town has the Ramada and they always have specials with dinner and a nights stay and are very reasonable and usually do group discounts if any of you are interested. My e-mail is littlemismuffet@hotmail.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 06:02:18 AM »

How involved do you want the distant ones? Only dinner, or a banquet type learning thing, or a dinner then tour of local area things, give me ideas and a time when it would be the best for people around Ohio. I have many ideas, but I don't know how simple or elaborate you want he first meet. I do know that if any of you are interested in staying at a motel while here, our town has the Ramada and they always have specials with dinner and a nights stay and are very reasonable and usually do group discounts if any of you are interested. My e-mail is littlemismuffet@hotmail.com

I think the first meet will be very simple because a lot of members may not have much time to visit due to dialysis schedules which is one of the hurdles I am trying to address for the future meetings, I have this master plan in my head of how elaborate I'd like this to become but it is going to take one step at a time. I appreciate your enthusiasm. :)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 08:59:20 AM »

You don't have a park or a restaurant nearby?
It isn't just that. If people want to come to just eat and talk and meet that is fine. But I don't have a car or hardly any money as I live pay cheque to pay cheque (yes that is Canadian for check :P ). Plus I have dialysis M/W/F and I work T/TH and Sunday is the day I spend with my mom. So I only have Sat free and with getting off dialysis at 9pm I sleep in :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 09:05:25 AM »

It isn't just that. If people want to come to just eat and talk and meet that is fine. But I don't have a car or hardly any money as I live pay cheque to pay cheque (yes that is Canadian for check :P ). Plus I have dialysis M/W/F and I work T/TH and Sunday is the day I spend with my mom. So I only have Sat free and with getting off dialysis at 9pm I sleep in :P

Slow down Angie this is meant to be fun, and not stress anyone period. If you have a saturday available then thats what we have to work with. We can make this work.

EDITED: Fixed Quote Tag Error - Epoman, Owner/Admin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:21:27 AM by Epoman » Logged
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »

Slow down Angie this is meant to be fun, and not stress anyone period. If you have a saturday available then thats what we have to work with. We can make this work.

EDITED: Fixed Quote Tag Error - Epoman, Owner/Admin

I tend to be highly stressed .. this is why I don't do as much as let's say .. umm... Epoman lol :P

I tend to always be nervous when there is nothing to be nervous about and feel anxious all the time (people sometimes catching me wringing my hands a lot and chewing on my lip :P and a pace a lot!)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »