I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  You are joking !!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are joking !!!  (Read 3241 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 04, 2009, 06:14:41 AM »

Ive just got back from clinic and as most of you know they started me on a new BP med the other week that totally floored me. So today while im waiting to see the doctor (only running an hour late today!) the nurse decides to do my BP  now remember i was on average  220/130 and she told me it was ..wait for it ...85/65, is it any wonder i feel rubbish and cant do anything ! Anyway the good part is they whacked me with a double dose of Epo and are trying to get some iron in me asap, everyone said i looked awful today  (:thumbup;  thanks guys!) Crazy thing is they are not doing anything about my BP dropping so fast ..so onward with the struggle.

Edited: Fixed smiley error - paris, Moderator
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:49:17 PM by paris » Logged

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:18:25 AM »

Well, Kickstart, at least you know that the BP meds are working!  :2thumbsup;

Let's hope they get you all straightened out and back on your "energetic" feet soon!

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:30:32 AM »

I can relate.  When I had gone to the ER my BP was 235/123.  My BP after 1 of my dialysis sessions was 83/57.  I talked to the neph as I was completely floored.  He had me stop taking my evening dose of Norvasc and told me not to take ANY BP meds the mornings I have dialysis.  This has helped.
cherpep

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:08:59 AM »

I used to take medicine for high blood pressure.  Now my blood pressure hangs around 80/60 all the time.   I take Midodrine now to increase my bp, but it never gets ups to normal bps.   It dips REAL low many times during dialysis.  No wonder I feel like crap most of the time, huh?!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:39:03 AM by cherpep » Logged
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »

Yes, my husband is no longer on any BP meds. His BP drops very low as soon as we fire up the dialysis machine, but then it levels out. He is very fortunate. I feel for all you folks who are battling LOW BP. I know it just sucks.
Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

Ive just got back from clinic and as most of you know they started me on a new BP med the other week that totally floored me. So today while im waiting to see the doctor (only running an hour late today!) the nurse decides to do my BP  now remember i was on average  220/130 and she told me it was ..wait for it ...85/65, is it any wonder i feel rubbish and cant do anything ! Anyway the good part is they whacked me with a double dose of Epo and are trying to get some iron in me asap, everyone said i looked awful today  (:thumbup;thanks guys!) Crazy thing is they are not doing anything about my BP dropping so fast ..so onward with the struggle.
I too have a new BP med and I too end up with 89/58 etc after dialysis so I don't take the BP med the night before Dialysis. So far it's working out for me. BUT not taking the BP med is hard for me on the night before because I take a mouthful of pills every night. If my wife arranges my pills in the weekly pill thingy, ya' know Sun., Mon., Tue., . . . I only have to remember what day it is. . . BUT! I try to take responsibility for my meds, etc., Because she is an RN and she works hard and has just recently had back surgery and blah blah blah, and probably because of her pain, it is hard for her to remember to do my pills, and etc., etc.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

The first week of dialysis my bp was all over the place (up, down, occasionally even normal).  I stopped (under dr's orders) all bp meds and it evened out the 2nd week.  Now I just have to watch toward the end of the session the fluid removal.  Occasionaly they have to adjust but that's because they can't determine dry weight.  We're still trying.  Its difficult because we can't tell just how much urine I am making.  I still don't want to measure it.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »

After I started on nocturnal I had to drop all BP meds.  I was on four strong meds. The doc wants me on Cozaar, but the BP does weird things when I am on the machine, so I quit taking it and things normalized out for me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »

That is really interesting. Wow, it would be nice not to have to take all the BP meds I take. Does it work that way no matter what kind of dialysis you are on?

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:21:31 AM »

I also was able to go off all (4) of my BP meds when I started D.  Since trx, my BP has stayed good but I remember last time I was transplanted, it slowly crept up as the years passed.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »