I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 08:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  run forever?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: run forever?  (Read 2107 times)
Phraxis

« on: May 31, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »

I wore out my mother, family and friends. I ran, it was like forever. I was the one that when we went on vacation I did everything . . . twice. And then one day I went to the Doctor's office. Now it was like other times. I have had had a knee fixed, shoulder repaired, stiches, staples, and all forms of other emergency medicine.  I always healed. I even checked., one inch long and just as deep. Gone with a nice little scar in just under three weeks.

I have been hit by cars, twice, a truck, once. Fallen off mountains -- a couple or more times. I have lipped off to dangerous men. I have made people angry, really angry. And all of a sudden I am vulnerable. A friend reached for me in passion and pulled. I thought my perma cath would be ripped from me.

I apologize for the tone of weakness, not because it is avoided here but rather it is embraced, assisted and supported. I applaud all that provide that gift. I apologice for the hypocrasy it entails. I have fought my entire life. And now I live quiet, calm, and draw on strength provided by many around me. But I have never known that strength to have a limit. You can kill me but I cannot be defeated. And then I had to trust. Not good at trusting. No one tells you about that one.

My baby siter is going to give me a kidney and they tell me it will return me to my self before. I was immortal then, is that what they mean? and who are they?

I am not stupid. I never was immortal but I was in my time frame, ie the next twenty minutes. That is the lifetime of a trader.

i put my hand on the ground and feel the Earth throb in it's life.I go to Dialysis and I feel us try try. Fighting he reality and then I take the Peace from its truth. We live and then we die. I went once to South America and froze, starved and was thirsty but  I climbed the mountain. And then I wondered why?

I feel the same way now. Let us creat art, literature, science and love. Justify our existence and move forward. Collectively, our only purpose is to exist. and life is worth all the effort, Just ask a child if you have doubts.

Cam we post pics? does anyone want to put up sunrise pics?
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

And now you've tripped over a kidney and you're picking yourself up and getting on with it. I hope your sister's kidney sets you free again. Yes dude, we love pictures. I'll bet you hae some interesting ones to share.

Alene

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Savemeimdtba

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:54:16 AM »

Just wanted to say, I enjoy the way you write!  It's very ... poetic and exciting to read it.  I'd love to see some pics as well. 

-Kristi-
12/2008 - Began Hemodialysis
03/2009 - Began P.D.

"You gotta swim, swim for your life, swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive"
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »

:welcomesign; Phraxis.  Post often, anything you like, pics are always good.  I look forward to getting to know you better.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »

Lovely post.   Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.  We are all on a journey.  Hopefully, your sister's kidney will help you move forward on your journey. Please share more with us, with words and pictures.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »

:welcomesign;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »

I think you will wake up in post op and never be the same.  You will feel life like you have never felt before.  Smells will smell good and food will taste good.  When you have to get up from a movie to go pee you will rejoice.  You will worship your sister for giving you the gift of life.  You will climb mountains again but you will be more careful.  You will walk away from a fight.  You will not ever take life for granted.  You will wear the green ribbon on your coat.

:waving;

Phraxis

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »

Thank you for your kind words. (I will have to investigate the new green ribbon that I will be wearing) ;-)

I am anticipating an awakening but i do believe I will fear rejection of the kidney. I have read some comments of folks that have gone through that process, and have been touched. Teir thoughts have re-inforced my commitment to compliance to maximize the protection of the transplant.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »