I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 02:24:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Wasn't Aware That You Have To EARN A Kidney!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wasn't Aware That You Have To EARN A Kidney!  (Read 3187 times)
karen547

« on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:29 AM »

Well last night at dialysis I asked to get off 20 minutes early....... Big Mistale because this tech comes up to me practically in my face, and goes ''well Karen, you know you have to earn this kidney transplant, and getting off early is a no no!'' Well I do not ask to be let off early very often at all, and frankly just wanted to get the hell outta there! I am not a child and no the consequences! I think for her to say that was mean. Considering I've already been doing dialysis for 26 months! I could see if I were a big drinker and a smoker, who was overweight and continued to eat poorly, and asked to get off early all the time, but I am not and I follow their rules to the tee pretty much. Sorry if I am ranting but she just ticked me off!
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:08:03 AM »

Come and rant all you want. I agree she shouldn't have said it. Its one thing to say something like "you know every min you have on this counts" something along those lines. Voicing concerns cause she is your nurse and that is to be expected of her. But I would have gotten pissed off too.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:27:52 AM »

You know sometimes the nurses are worse than the doctors!! I think they get a little power crazy! :urcrazy; I had to go to hospital a couple of weeks ago just to get checked out to see if i was dehydrated and had to wait around for a couple of hours to even see a doctor when i got there, and one of the nurses i know came in the room and just said to me ..im not making you a cup of tea you are on fluid restrictions haha ..i just gave her the blackest look i could .. i think she got the message. So if you feel like asking your nurse ..who made you god? go ahead  :2thumbsup;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:52:48 AM »

This pisses me off so much...

First off, anytime someone i my unit gets really sick the first thing out of the nurses mouth is " Well you know... they really didn't take care of themselves"!!!

GRRRRRRR

Little did we know when we were born that " Not taking care of ones selves" would be drinking to much freakin water

Karen leaving early isn't a great habit to get into, but what in the grand sceam of your life is 20 mins...  All that was was that nurse making sure you knew who is boss... what a jerk!

http://www.kimhoben.com
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:06:16 AM »

We all need to rant sometimes, Karen.

And this is a supportive place to do that.

I think it is sad that caregivers do tend to say stupid and even inconsiderate things at times.

Chin up. We care.  :cuddle;

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Brightsky69

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 07:14:36 AM »

People are stupid sometimes. Most are idiots all the time. I would have told that lady F !!!   You!!!

I am 40....I don't care what I say to people anymore.   :rofl;

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »

People are stupid sometimes. Most are idiots all the time. I would have told that lady F !!!   You!!!

I am 40....I don't care what I say to people anymore.   :rofl;
:thumbup;

http://www.kimhoben.com
Wallyz

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »

I would have punched her.  Seriously.  Complain, ask that she not work with you anymore. Earn it, my ass.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »

Earn it?? Crazy Tech. Sounds like saving boxtops for something. I wonder what kind of a patient she would be.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

Oh yeah, now a days you earn your way onto that precious list, then you have to earn your way to a kidney. Crazy huh!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 11:55:53 PM »

Reason #3 as to why I'm not going for a second kidney.  They can't THREATEN me with their cheap shots about the transplant list. 

When the tech was asleep in the chair and didn't catch me bleeding all over the place I asked to get off early..... he gave me the AMA form and I put.  "I was tired of sitting in blood".  I bet that paper never made it to any manager!

How would they like it if WE reported every little thing they did?  Oh, never mind.... I already do that!
                             >:D

BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:16 PM »

I  think what the tech was referring to when they said "earn it" is that in a manner of speaking if you do not do what is required you can be taken off the transplant list by the transplant center.  So in short you have to  do what is required to "earn" your keep to stay on the list if you will.

Our center is required to report to the transplant center on a variety of things, one being getting off early or missing dialysis.

Its probably good the tech cared enough to say something as not all people are aware about such things. :twocents;
karen547

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 05:35:08 AM »

I am aware. her TONE WAS UNNECESSARY!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »