I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Tinah's First Day at Dialysis iis over
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinah's First Day at Dialysis iis over  (Read 15404 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »

Back to the Salt Mine today!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

Tinah,
What are families for but to help one another out??

I hope today went well for you. And Happy Memorial Day.

:2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 04:43:57 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Everything went well with Dialysis yesterday. I was on the machine for 3 hours and i felt pretty good when I got off. they still told me not to drive home I had to have my sister pick me up. Can't wait to be able to drive myself I just hate depending on others. I Feel good today i had a little tingling in my left arm, and both my legs I am guessing it is normal. I will ask that question tomorrow. But I feel pretty good today

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
Started Dialysis May 22, 2009
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 04:48:13 AM »

After dialysis if I lay down and everything is quite I feel tingly all over.  Minty Fresh I guess.

:waving;

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »

I have always driven after dialysis except once when I got real sick -
see, things will improve -

Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »

I have always driven after dialysis except once when I got real sick -
see, things will improve -

They look pretty good right now Twirl so if they get better then that is truely a Gift... Thanks for the support.

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »

Wow Tinah, you're a pro now.  Are you going to come hold my hand when they stick the needles in me?

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »

Tinah, your post brings me to tears!!  You are the golden example of why Epoman created this site.  You went into this full of knowledge and power.  You are amazing and we are all so proud of you.   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:57 AM »

Wow Tinah, you're a pro now.  Are you going to come hold my hand when they stick the needles in me?

Well DW the sticking of the needles still hurts they have not give me the Lidocaine yet. I told them again yesterday. But if you need me to come hold your had I will  :shy; 

Paris i don't know where I would be without all the info I recieved from here. It has educated me and helped me get through these tough times.i was able to go in with my eyes open instead of blinded by fear.   It has taken a long time not to let "fear" control me.  I knew that eventually this would be a part of my life. But with IHD I was able to move forward.  THANK YOU so much....

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 09:41:01 AM »

Ques i am still just a virgin here.

So glad to hear everything went pretty well for you Tinah :2thumbsup;
Hope you get your cream fast to end the needle pain.  may each session make you feel better and better.

Can you feel an improvement in yourself??  If so is it a big or small improvement.

I myself am ready to start.  Im feeling sicker and more tired everyday....

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »

Paul.karen,

In a way I guess I am glad i started when i did. I never felt terrible. I had good days and bad days and i was tired all the time but I didn't get all the symptons that you would think we get... I do feel better, I feel a slight improvement like I have energy when I leave there. But, I know that it has alot to do in what we eat and drink, so I try to watch my intake as well.  I have only been to Dialysis twice and I can say so far so good....  I had went to a Kidney education class before I started so I had already changed my diet before hand and that may help also..

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »

Paul, I cannot say enough good things about my nephrologist so this may not mean a lot, but he says that the reason I am having so little negative results is that I started before symptoms.  Also I wasn't deficient nutritionally.  I knew the diet was coming and, unlike Tinah, I ate everything in sight the week before.  Hey, I don't recommend it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:19:24 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »

Paris i don't know where I would be without all the info I recieved from here. It has educated me and helped me get through these tough times.i was able to go in with my eyes open instead of blinded by fear.   It has taken a long time not to let "fear" control me.  I knew that eventually this would be a part of my life. But with IHD I was able to move forward.  THANK YOU so much....

:grouphug;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »

Thanks David  :grouphug;

Dan your right I think I would feel worse if I would eat more junk. I think I am lucky that I am not a diabetic as the diet is so much more different for someone with Diabetes then without.

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »

Thx Tinah & DW.  :thumbup;
My time has come.  See my Neph on the 8th and im gonna tell him im ready.
Well im not but you know what i mean....

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Well, Tinah, I am diabetic (insulin dependent) but in a way it helped as I was already used to dieting.   Just will have to make a few minor changes eventually (though the neph says perhaps not).  My BS have been in control for severlal years though.  I still don't like that I can't drink a six pack of diet cokes per day, but hey, "into every life some rain must fall" sombody once said.

Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »

Dan HATS OFF TO YOU.. because being on Dialysis is hard already and to have Diabetes as well and your doing so good...  :cheer: :cheer:
On another note Aren't you going into the hospital this week?

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »

Yes, thursday.  sandwiched between two dialysis days (yea).  It won't be bad... I've done it before but I won't get to do my usual sleeping (ha).  Oh, I forgot, they will put me to sleep.  That'll be cool. 

Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »

Well be sure to let us know how it goes. As soon as you feel up to it..

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »

I drove myself to dialysis and back for ten years. Now hubby takes me and he comes at 4a.m. and picks me up. I am spoiled!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »

i am so used to doing things alone when i had to ask my sisters i felt bad but the dr said only had to do that the first week just to see how my body reacted.. can't wait til friday i will drive myself..

and KK its okay to be spoiled.. :P

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

i don't know about sisters or brothers, but it seems my friends appreciate it when I let them do things for me.  It actually seems to make them happyy.  Go figure!

Tinah1968
Elite Member

ME

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »

i think i worry about it more than they do.. They would do anything for me I am the baby in the family ;D

Tina
Fistula Oct 2007
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 03:57:03 PM »

i don't know about sisters or brothers, but it seems my friends appreciate it when I let them do things for me.  It actually seems to make them happyy.  Go figure!

DW, a wise friend once told me when I didn't allow people to help me, it was like refusing a gift they were handing me.  I would rather be the "helper" than the "helpee".  I am sure it makes your friends very happy to help you.  They love you like we do.   :cuddle;

Tinah, I am so glad you have done ok.  Take care  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

After dialysis if I lay down and everything is quite I feel tingly all over.  Minty Fresh I guess.

:waving;

:)

Tinah, glad things have gone well for you.

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »