I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  DECREASE IN SEXUAL DRIVE...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DECREASE IN SEXUAL DRIVE...  (Read 49227 times)
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »

DW...humour has its place and we all like to keep things bright and I promise you, as monrein said, you make us all laugh out loud with some of your comments and that is the best medicine for all of us.  I am just really protective of the kids on this site (that is anyone under 40 by the way).  I think it is close to obscene that they have to be subjected to this disease at such a young age.  Maritz was very brave to post about this topic and while I know she is more than capable of looking after herself, I don't think she should be the butt of "humour" when she is obviously distressed with her situation.  Sure...have fun with the "sex" topic if you like but don't tell the poor kid she is whining - just to get a rise out of Kit, GMa etc.  Just consider the person who has posted.  If you want a biff up with us oldies, do it in one of our posts.

By the way everyone....I don't think we need to worry about DW going anywhere anytime soon - or giving up on dialysis.  He loves a fight too much.  While his humour might be "misplaced" sometimes, it is "wicked" and I think he knows that we all appreciate getting a good laugh out of it.  People like you DW keep the world interesting.  Just choose your battlefield with a little more thought.

Thanks monrein for being a little more specific about tantra.  Des...there is a lot about it on the internet to give you an idea what it is all about but if you PM me your address, I can send you over a book about it.  Same goes for you Maritz.  Happy to send over all the information you need. If O'Karol and other moderaters are happy for me to post more here...I am happy to do it but it might be a bit risque - and explicit - for some.

There you go DW....something to live for.  You said you had never heard of it before.  Shame not to know about something so fantastic before you move on!
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »

I've already accepted your criticism Lucinda.... what more do you want.  I don't think the young lady was nearly so upset with my comment as you were.  I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE TO YOU ANY FURTHER.

You really should read Morein last message to me. 

So my last comment to you would be  DOWN WOMAN!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:59:47 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »

I've already accepted your criticism Lucinda.... what more do you want.  I don't think the young lady was nearly so upset with my comment as you were.  I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE TO YOU ANY FURTHER.

C'mon, DW -- give us all a good chuckle and apologize to Lucinda again.  >:D  :rofl;  >:D  :rofl;  >:D  :rofl;

(Am I the one stirring the pot now, RichardMel?)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 02:30:13 PM »

Yes, Petey.  You are.  But it's your turn. 

And Richard knows I love him in spite of his being an ole Horn Dog.  It's just that at the moment I'm a little ticked off at him.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:33:25 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »

One would think Dan that if you're turning 70 next year that any sex might be on your bucket lis - let alone tantric!

Thanks Monrein for your ideas - for me the issue always seems to come down to tiredness.  Just the thought of that much work turns me off!  I just can't be bothered - even if the end result was an orgasm.  I want someone to give me a pill that will make me want to have sex. 

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »

Bern, That is NOT funny.

Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

Yes, Petey.  You are.  But it's your turn. 

And Richard knows I love him in spite of his being an ole Horn Dog.  It's just that at the moment I'm a little ticked off at him.

Geez mate....how's your blood pressure?  You are always ticked off with somebody!
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »

I really don't remember addressing you other than to get your nosey butt out of my business.  With whom in here am I angry other than you?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:28:32 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »

Oh yea, Bernadette.  Tell me that 25 years from now.  But you'll be still trying to figure it out.  (By the way, Lucinda, Bern is my friend and this is our personal joke)

One would think Dan that if you're turning 70 next year that any sex might be on your bucket lis - let alone tantric!

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »

Hanify dear perhaps you need a session or two in the Orgasmatron?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgasmatron

>:D >:D >:D >:D (or just hop in those hot pools with me)  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
maritza0486

"Pple cant do evrythin but every1 can do somethin"

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »

Richard, response to your PM.. I don't consider my self to be less intelligent than anybody, at least most of the people, in here.  Older yes.

I cannot make jokes with out people coming down on me and say "your opinion" "my god", etc.  Anyone who knows me know the comment about women was a joke and that I was  hoping some of my friends like Twirl and KitKat and Gma, etc. would pick up on it and give me a hard time.  Since I got a rather serious response, I said "so I can't try funny anymore".  I've tried some serious the past  few days due to my mood and attitude about getting ready to quit dialysis.  I don't know answer.  I want dialogue.  Not expert opinions or internet links.  So I'm out of the things serious.  I guess I could go post some smilies but the all look alike to me.

Hey, I did not know you were joking and honestly, it makes sense to not be aware because we are merely writing words rather than talking face to face to be able to read one another's expressions. But I guess not adding expressions like smiling faces, etc, makes it the more difficult to know whether your comments or opinions are jokes or now. Hey, I am glad you are expressing what you feel. Please keep trying "funny". Funny is good! :cuddle;

~Diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease at age 17 (a month before turning 18)
~Kidney Transplant from sister February 10, 2005
~Transplant failed December 2008
~Began Dialysis for my very first time May 6, 2009
~Put on Transplant List on June 5, 2009
~Miraculous phone call from Montefiore about potential kidney August 31, 2009
~2nd Kidney Transplant!!! September 1, 2009
~Sep. 6, 2009 Creatnine 1.1 ---- Sep. 11, 2009 Creatnine 1.5 --- Sep. 18, 2009 Creatnine 1.3
~May 14, 2010 -- Creatnine 1.0!!!! I am healthier than ever. 8 months since 2nd transplant!!
maritza0486

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »

Let us go back to talking about sex. That is the true topic here. Orgasm is tough but I love it anyway.  ;D

DWCRAWFORD --> I was never angry or annoyed or bothered by your comment, by the way. I was attentive to it. No problems here. You are a cool person as well as all of you are.

We are a family.

LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX PEOPLE! ;) :pics; :bandance; :secret; :cuddle; :waving;

~Sep. 6, 2009 Creatnine 1.1 ---- Sep. 11, 2009 Creatnine 1.5 --- Sep. 18, 2009 Creatnine 1.3
~May 14, 2010 -- Creatnine 1.0!!!! I am healthier than ever. 8 months since 2nd transplant!!
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »

The comment was an absolute farse.  Thank you for this comment.  Not some of the things in the earlier part of the thread said between twirl, Manda and myself.  All in jest.  I promise everyone now that I do no longer feeling like being the clown and I know so little about this subject or dialysis subject that there's not nee to comment there either.  It must be a really comforting feeling to always be in command of your situation as many of the experts are.  Hell, I know less than nothing about sex and I'd be willing to bet that in a few years lots of these people might admit that they didn't know so much as they thought they did.  Actually I found over the years that the experimenting and learning was most of the fun.

My issues now are with my dialysis center, cutbacks, etc.  I can't find an appropriate place to  post them however.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 09:26:31 PM »

Dan why don't you start a new topic in the "Dialysis Centers" section, or just in the general Dialysis section?

As for "the experts" - I don't think ANYONE here ever suggested they are or were an expert.. we're just expressing opinions based on experience mostly.... and that's what it is all about.

I like the idea of talking about sex.. but I like the idea of doing it much more!!!  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »

I don't go to the political thread because I know it will upset me.  I thought this one on SEX would be a little light hearted but with good advice.  I see some of that, but I don't get the anger, upset part.   As a wise member once told me: remember that there are a bunch of sick people here and there are days we don't feel good.  It shows in our posts. If we don't joke around and be silly sometimes, we will all go nuts.     

[quote

I like the idea of talking about sex.. but I like the idea of doing it much more!!!  :rofl;
[/quote]

Well said, Richard!   Now, on with the conversations.  I got nothing to add---not one word!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
fluffy

Fluff!

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:56 PM »

hm, about sex.... the last time i attempted it was after a treatment and a bunch of muscles in my back and side cramped up. havent tried since then.  dialysis has pretty much killed my desire. maybe the tantric stuff is worth a shot tho...
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »

I think some creativity and a good sense of humor helps in any situation!

You do have those books kitkatz, time to break them out and share the wisdom.  :rofl; :rofl;

What were the titles again?  ???  :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

:rofl; Wouldn't you like to know!  :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

I tried to search for the thread last night, couldn't find it.
Something along the lines of 100 or 1000 ways to _________ a man and the other was  ???
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:53:40 PM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Wallyz

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2009, 08:45:02 PM »

One of the big issues on dialysis is depression, which inhibits your libido.

Also, I have to time sex where my energy levels are just right, not over dialyzed in the mornings, or under-dialyzed at night.
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »

'301 ways to please your man in bed' or something wasn't it?

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »

Ohh it's up to 301 Ways!  :rofl; :rofl;
But yes that sounds very close to the title kitkats has.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »

Took awhile searching through old post, but found it: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=11102.0

302 Advanced Techniques for Driving a Man Wild in Bed  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Jess21

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »

Cause 302 is better than 301!   :popcorn;
Now that is NOT something I want to see  :pics; of!  :rofl;

Hospitalized w/ renal failure- Nov. 2007
Diagnosed w/ ESRD w/ unknown cause- Jan 2008
Lower arm AV Fistula created- March 2008
On IL transplant list- Oct. 8th, 2008
On WI transplant list- June 25th, 2009
Pediatric 2 kidney transplant- July 6th, 2009 (3/6 antigen match)
maritza0486

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »

Or just check out the Kama Sutra...it is a very interesting book. There are many of them out there in book stores and libraries. LOL.

It's not like I have one or anything  ;)

Even with a decreased libido, it does not stop me from enjoying myself altogether and trying new things and being creative.

If anyone knows of anything that can increase the libido for women, I would love to know anyway. It would be nice to have an increase.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »