I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Most attractive and good looking female doctors are in paediatrics.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most attractive and good looking female doctors are in paediatrics.  (Read 16932 times)
CAPD

« on: October 02, 2005, 08:09:24 AM »

Do you think this statement is true? It has been my observation that it is. Most attractive and good looking women doctors are found in the field of paediatrics. I don't know why this is. Attractive and nice women like working with children, I guess. In the field of dialysis treatment, most of the docs are crusty old men. :(
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 08:51:05 AM »

Now that I think of it, there is some truth in that.  In fact, if someone says 'nephrologist', I automatically think it is a male (though not necessarily old).  If they say 'paediatrician', to me that could be either male or female.  It is as if 'nephrologist' is a masculine word in my vocabulary.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 01:42:01 PM »

If "Attractive and nice women like working with children" you should have a date in no time.  :P

O in

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 04:58:06 PM »

yeh same in new zealand 2

oin
CAPD

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »

Bajanne, yeh, hi, how you doing?

Rerun, I am an adult.

O, yeh, I suspect it's the same the world over.
susie q

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 11:06:33 AM »

We have 2 female nephs and 3 male..
None are real pretty....lol
Jamie

What's life with out alittle magic?

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 11:45:12 PM »

Dear fellow renal readers,

Not true here in Ontario. I have seen some pretty fine renal doctors not only here in my city but in London, Ontario as well also in Chicago and Washington D.C. also my one week in Reno, NV has some promise as well......Jamie-G

What's life with out a little magic?
thom

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 02:13:31 AM »

most of them over here are dietricians.  8)
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 07:26:01 AM »

most of them over here are dietitians.  8)

When my mom was in the hospital in February -- had abscessed/necrotic gallbladder removed -- she had a visit from the dietitian.  We had discussed that perhaps she could get some of the latest information on weight control.  My mom, my sister and I battle constantly to keep our weight down and since Mom is a type 2 diabetic we all three try to keep the carbs low and eat mostly complex carbs -- low glycemic index foods.

Well, all of that discussion was tabled as soon as the dietitian walked in the room.  She was almost as wide as she was tall.  We felt so sorry for her.  Can you imagine how hard it is to counsel patients on diet when it is so obvious that diet education alone is not enough to prevent obesity???  She was probably in mid to late thirties, very sweet, attractive and so kind to my mom.  She gave her several pages of information and we thanked her for stopping by, but this is one more time that I have seen proof that diet education alone is not a cure for obesity.  Some day there will be ways to diagnose the causes of obesity but in the meantime some very knowledgable, educated people will fight a losing battle.

BTW, this is not the only overweight dietitian I've seen; but it was the first I've seen that was obviously morbidly obese.  I felt so sorry for her!!  It has to take a lot of courage just to go to work every day.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
chessicle

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »

The most attractive female doctor I know is an adult rheumatologist (but I have to say that - she is my wife!)

There is still a preponderance of men among us Nephrologists; there are six consultants and six registrars in the unit I work in, and only one of the twelve is female.  She is almost (almost) old enough to be my mother, so I don't feel I can comment on how attractive she is.

Having said that, there are more female Nephrologists than there are female Transplant Surgeons, for example.

I wonder if I should start a thread about the most attractive male Nephrologists......and see if I get a mention!
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »

Well, all of that discussion was tabled as soon as the dietitian walked in the room.  She was almost as wide as she was tall.  We felt so sorry for her.

I'll bet she is glad she didn't know you felt so sorry for her.

Can you imagine how hard it is to counsel patients on diet when it is so obvious that diet education alone is not enough to prevent obesity???  She was probably in mid to late thirties, very sweet, attractive and so kind to my mom.  She gave her several pages of information and we thanked her for stopping by, but this is one more time that I have seen proof that diet education alone is not a cure for obesity.  Some day there will be ways to diagnose the causes of obesity but in the meantime some very knowledgable, educated people will fight a losing battle.

most fat people know A LOT about nutrition,they spend alot of their lives weighing measuring,and counting calories,and carbs.If it was a simple thing we would all be skinny.Most fat people have other issues.Its just that you can SEE how our pain manifests itself.

BTW, this is not the only overweight dietitian I've seen; but it was the first I've seen that was obviously morbidly obese.  I felt so sorry for her!!  It has to take a lot of courage just to go to work every day.

It takes a lot of courage to face  people who pity you...no-one wants to be pitied.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »

I've seen a lot of hot female veterinarians too.   :thumbup; Let me reprhase that,I've taken my dog to see a lot of Hot female veterinarians.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:06:17 PM by sluff » Logged
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »

If you look closely you will see that most of CAPD'S  threads follow a theme ..his others have beenCLOSED. I would like to point out that this is a serious site that aims to help others ..so whats with all the near pervert questions ??? CAPD please use this site as it is intended ..it is a family site take note  >:(

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »

If you look closely you will see that most of CAPD'S  threads follow a theme ..his others have beenCLOSED. I would like to point out that this is a serious site that aims to help others ..so whats with all the near pervert questions ??? CAPD please use this site as it is intended ..it is a family site take note  >:(

if you look-his posts are also very old-oct. 2005

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »

Yup sorry about that was just reading through the site ,didnt notice the dates ..oooops ..looks like he may have been kicked out anyway

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
jalexander451

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »

Not totally true.  I woprked witha female nephrologist in Houstonhte alst two years--Dr. Shearer.

While I would not rate her a supermodel, I thought she was fairly pretty, especially for a professiinal woman.
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »

I'm really fortunate at my clinic because we have a bevy of beautiful women working there, but unfortunately, they're not all on my shift.

Hot Librarian Nurse was promoted, so she moved to another clinic.  Raven Haired Temptress has another full time job now, so she only works part time.  Girl Next Door Tech was also promoted, so she works the day shift.

The only one I see regularly is Doctor Goddess.  Imagine a combination of Halle Berry & Dana Delaney and you get an idea of who I get to visit with at least once a week. 

They all should really do a calendar to raise money for the American Kidney Fund.  I'd buy a dozen.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »

So here's a little tidbit....my gastroenterologist up and relocated without warning. So at my last visit with my primary care doc (male), he said "let me hook you up with the hot new gastroenterologist in town".  I figured he meant "hot" in the fact that he was knowledgeable and on top of his game.  So his nurse prints out the contact sheet for the GI doc....well, he might have gone to Yale but he is also "hot" in the physical sense!   ;D 

I am not going to be able to talk GI talk with this guy without blushing uncontrollably.  Plus the thought of him performing my colonscopies makes me  :o 

Also, he's about 7 years younger than me.  Guess now that I'm 40, I should start expecting that I may be older than some of my doctors.   ::)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »