I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:44:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  21st century insurance. . .
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 21st century insurance. . .  (Read 2119 times)
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« on: May 16, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »

I realize that this is off topic, or maybe it isn't, but I don't know if you realize that 21st century is in fact AIG insurance with a different name. Up until recently, there were AIG commercials on TV and since the big flare up about AIG and the screwing of America with the bail out and bonuses, No more AIG commercials, And there's this new 21st Century insurance company that appears to having been here all along, but in fact has only been in existence for a short while. Just Google 21st Century - AIG. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if AIG went flat. It would hurt my feelings if I found that my insurance was in anyway involved with AIG.

EDITED:Moved to off-topic area-kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:03:04 AM by kitkatz » Logged
BigSteve

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »

21st Century Insurance was originally(in the 20th century) 20th Century Insurance which strangely
enough changed its name in 1999 or 2000. A few years ago it was bought by AIG which is now
attempting to sell it. It is based in Southern California. I never had their insurance, nor have I heard
any bad reports on it.

"I yam what I yam what I yam." Popeye's immortal words.
"Getting and spending we lay waste our powers"
If it's too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

21st Century Insurance was originally(in the 20th century) 20th Century Insurance which strangely
enough changed its name in 1999 or 2000. A few years ago it was bought by AIG which is now
attempting to sell it. It is based in Southern California. I never had their insurance, nor have I heard
any bad reports on it.
Who cares if it's being sold or where it's based? Up until 6 months ago it was AIG, AIG AIG, commercials on TV. since the bailout package, and the "Bonuses scandel"  No AIG and 21st century insurance. It's obviously a front! If they had the best insurance in the world they still screwed the United States.
 I drive a '94 ford. It's a great car! It's an American car. I guess that you drive a Honda or a VW. I'm not sure what a 94 honda looks like, but I doubt that there are many still on the road.
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »

Not sure where you get this idea that its a front.

Insurance companies as well as numerous others in the business world continue to do business under the name of companies they buy up.

As to AIG itself it does business with more than just insurance.

However the government shouldnt have given any company money.  Those companies lived by the capitalist system, let them fail by it.  The system would have been better served to give that money directly to the people and make those companies go into bankruptcy and reorganize.

The way it sits since the government did bail companies out, all big like this companies should be severely regulated by the government from this point forward.    A host of other things needs done also to companies, foreign and domestic that ship profits overseas to avoid taxes also.

The bonus mess is a bunch of bs but they are not the only ones to blame,  a huge part of that blame goes to Chris Dodd for putting protections in for those bonuses and for Obama telling Dodd to have those protections put in.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »