I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 10:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I am working on moving forward and stop being depressed. Come join me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am working on moving forward and stop being depressed. Come join me.  (Read 12937 times)
G-Ma
Elite Member

« on: May 14, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »

Well, I was going to begin using my Embroidery Machine today.  I bought it in 2006, then lost vision, moved it with me, back and forth and today was THE day. Ha ha..God does have a sense of humor.  I went to set it up, read the instructions, plugged the cord into the machine and it went innnnn.  Someone must have dropped the machine and something inside broke...$2000 machine, never used and now needs repair...I got it to turn on but it kept telling me all kinds of strange stuff. So, next week to repair man...and perhaps back home if I can't afford it.  On the UP side, I had a car accident last week Saturday...a man hit me when he decided to pass me on the wrong side as I was turning into a service station..took out the front end of my car, front axle, knuckle, poss rack and pinion, wheel, tie rod and assorted other things..thank God for sons. Mine came out to get me and the car with a wrecker and they are handling the insurance etc..today, the man's ins wanted to total the car but due to helpful contacts in his business my oldest son said no, is getting it repaired and like new by next week hopefully. Thank God for sons.  I am feeling good this week and I am determined to start working on my crafts this week and moving forward.  I redid all my plants this morning.  I found my portable cd player and found some books on cd at the Library to listen at dialysis, got the house clean, and am now going to rest.  I am determined to have better times.  Just because my kidneys have failed doesn't mean I'm going to die tomorrow.  Besides, anyone, anywhere, can die in an instant, the blink of an eye.   Let's all let each other know what we are doing to "improve" our emotional beings.   There is a church about a block from me and last week they started a chime every hour and at 6pm generally do a series of chime songs.  I love it, am singing along.  Thank you God.

Edited: Moved to proper section: Dialysis: General Discussion - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:03:54 PM by okarol » Logged

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »

I did my volunteer job at the school today.  The kids are cute and I just pray none of them ever have kidney problems.  They seem to have enough problems learning 10 + 6.

Then I paid $55 for the carpet cleaner to come get the blood out of my carpet.  Good news -- he got it all out.

There is a good wind today so the carpet will dry with all the windows and doors open.

I need to go get groceries and buy a Mega Million lottery ticket.

Then I go to dialysis and I have one good tech tonight.

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »

I hope you get the good tech.
I bet those children are happy to have you with them.  Not enough children have people who care.  Do any of them add any more? 
I gave up on carpet cleaners...I generally pour peroxide on and scrub..cheaper.
I need groceries too but am afraid to take my sons truck to the store...or just afraid to drive since my accident.

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
GOD IS GOOD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »

G-Ma, what a lovely post!  Well, not about the embroidery machine -- or the car----- well, maybe the part about the church bells!   :rofl;

I think we get in slumps and sometimes it is hard to get out.  I will walk beside you and we will see the sunshine and not the clouds together.  I have focused on negative things for a while and now need to re-focus on all the positives.   I am going to try not to beat myself up for being slow to get things done and not accomplishing what I use to.  This is me right now--that is all I can be.   Someone once told me to make a list of things I DID get done in a day, starting with getting out of bed.  When I remember to look at it that way, I feel better about my day.   We are here and that is a good thing  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

Yes, let's take a walk.  Actually, I enjoy seeing the animals and other things in the clouds.  Have a great day going forward.

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »

what is an embroidery machine -
does it cross stitch -
?
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »

Some day I hope it will ...     :rofl;   (crossstitch)

It does all the thread pictures you see on clothes etc.  I think if I have the design it can also cross stitch...I used to love doing oh hell, you know the cross stitch with out the x's but vision has stopped that.  I think I'm going to try a pattern that has the x's stamped on it.  Once I get going with it I'll let you know what all it can do.

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »

the already printed cross stitch patterns can be hard if it involves more than 50 colors

I would rather do the unmarked patterns

right now, I am sick of all sewing  :waiting;
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »

Thanks for letting in some sunshine! :)
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »

I'm coming on that walk too, G-Ma and Paris, if I may?  There seems to have been so much negativity and bad news  in my life lately that I'm going to try to just focus on the moment. If there's a nice song on the radio or things are going well with the cake I'm baking or whatever it is then I will focus on that and try to put the 'bad' things out of my mind just for that moment.  I can't change the bad things that fate throws at me and my family so I will try to take what little pleasures I can from  life and nature.

Thanks G-Ma for making me stop and take stock  :)
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

Hey you guys, can I come on the walk too? Just found out my husband's GFR is 29. Mine is 22, so we are both in 4th stage. Plus, he had a 3 hour glucose test on Thursday. All we need is diabetes to go along with the rest of the fun. What can 2 people eat who are on the renal diet and one is diabetic? Bread and Water??? Oh, well, hahaha, it could be worse. Good thing I like to cook.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »

I am coming along with you guys.  I had been feeling a bit overwhelmed recently.  This is now the very slow season for the cruise ships, so my pay this mid-month has been almost non-existent.  This is also the time of final exams at the Community College, so it is marking, marking, entering grades, entering grades.
But, Hallelujah, I am nearly finished.  Grades will all be entered tomorrow, and I will get my lovely check!!

I had been planning to start my gardens and pots at the new apartment, but have been putting it off.  G-Ma's post reminded me that I now have a bit more time to do things like that.

i need to find my sewing machine in the storage and start sewing again.

It's great to be alive!!    It's great to have a lively IHD family to go the distance with me!! :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
bette1

My dear daughter

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 08:02:14 AM »

Today is a beautiful sunny day, my hubby just went to the store and I am going to make a pot roast.  I'll also get him to put the table and chairs in the yard and I'll sit out threre and have a popsicle. 

Diagnosed with FSGS April of 1987
First Dialysis 11/87 - CAPD
Transplant #1 10/13/94
Second round of Dialysis stated 9/06 - In Center Hemo
Transplant  #2 5/24/10
staceyand joe92

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »

Thank you so much for this post. I was feeling very down lately and having a "pity party" for myself . I just found out my fifth living donor was disqualified three weeks ago and the transplant center didn't tell me. I called the  donor to catch up and she told me. I guess I thought this time it was going to work.  I was feeling very sorry for myself but now I'm going to focus on the positive and getting in better physical condition so when my call from the "list"  comes I'll be ready. Thanks again! 

PKD
in center dialysis 3/week 3 hours for 16 months
11/2008 transplant list (active)
6 living donors denied
12/2009 Kidney Transplant
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 08:44:22 AM »

G-ma, you got us all thinking and that is a good thing.  It is raining today.  Does anyone want to sit on the porch and listen to the rain with me?   I am trying to keep positive thoughts around me and maybe the rain will wash away some of my doubts and negativity.    I think I will make chicken and noodles and bake cookies.  Cooking, sewing, reading all help.  And of course, all of my friends here --you all help the most  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

I love your post G-ma. Sorry about your machine and the car accident though!!!  Can you take hubby on that walk with you. Might need to help him walk though since he fell!! LOL  He' feeling a bit depressed today and needs some cheering up!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »

Of course we will take hubby...he can sit in the little red wagon and we will take turns pulling it.
Paris...I totally stop what I am doing when it rains and I listen...love it.
I completed all my plants on Thursday, my Hibiscus is blooming it's little heart out on the deck.  Small deck but big enough for 2 or more people to sit and think.  I'm having good thoughts about my machine...God I hope it will not cost a fortune to get it fixed.
I'll make hmmm a fancy coffee to go with your cookies Paris.
All of you caregivers take some time for yourselves just to let your mind get away today.
Stacey...when the right time comes for your transplant the donor will be there, a gift from God.
Yes, we will all focus on the positive.
Rerun...are your carpets dry...I love fresh clean carpets.
Today, I made a small shrimp scampi for brunch, doing laundry, I love birds and there are about 30 in the trees out front, pretty finches at the feeder. I'm digging out my showtimer to give to my D I L's parents as they cook for all of us all the time and such good food.  I'm really working on downsizing my STUFF.
This afternoon I'm going to sit down, crochet, and watch CSI that I have on the dvr.
Everyone, thanks for your thoughts and have a wonderful day.

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »

At my 90 day evaluation for my new center, my social worker did yet another of those silly surveys.  One of the questions she asked was if I was having trouble with anxiety or depression.  For the first time in a long while, I could truthfully answer "no".  I told her I was too busy to be depressed.  I'd need to make an appointment with myself to find time for that these days!  That's good, though.  I'll take a long blur of days running from T-ball games, work, Grandma's chores, and craft shows over sitting at home feeling miserable.

Keep at it, G-ma - busy work is fabulous for keeping your focus on something other than the stinkin' kidney failure.  The embroidery machine sounds great - hope it doesn't cost much to repair it!  I finally had to give up on my lemon of a quilter's machine after 3 attempts to keep it working.  I bought a $100 cheapie at Walmart, and switched to making totes and purses.  I'm finding that to be just as much fun, and with much faster results - the totes are finished in a day, so it's instant gratification!  Plus, I'm doing a good business in them by selling them at my friend's gift shop and local flea markets.
Crafters rule - and she who dies with the most fabric wins!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »

oooohhhhh....pm me info about the totes please...I am looking.
Yes, busy work is good....oh God...I have collected fabric for years and perhaps now can start using some.

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »

[quote Crafters rule - and she who dies with the most fabric wins![/quote]

Oh my ---I win, I win!   I am an addict!  Sometimes I just want to sit and "feel" my fabric.   I worked for a fabric shop for a few years, so that just encouraged my addiction. Then I inherited all of Mom's quilting fabric  :2thumbsup;   I have it stashed everywhere!  It is hard to give it up ---- I may need it to make something special!  JBeany, we all want to see your totes.  How did the craft show go?  I hope you did really well.  And you are right about busy work.   It keeps the mind busy on productive things.     G-ma, any news on how much the machine repairs are yet?  I am saying prayers for a very low amount!! 

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »

Hopefully I'll hear on Monday...pray hard....poor Saul is embarassed walking through a fabric shop with me...I feel the fabric, moan, and then tell him to feel it..........with fabric who needs that S word stuff...I'll moan on fabric........    :rofl;

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »

Have we all been feeling a bit down and putting on our happy faces for IHD? I'll be on that walk or sitting on the porch with you. I know for me it is just having to pull such long, long days at work that I'm physically and emotionally exhausted Looking at next year knowing that the whole year may be as bad as this week has been hasn't helped.

I came to this particular forum today to post about how fortunate we have been. I'll do that still, but it seems to be a constant struggle to maintain that positive outlook. don't know what I would do without all the IHD support....

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »

Don't really have a reason to be down just happens from time to time. I  have been working out a lot more lately, it helps me sort things out in my head and also helps me feel better.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas 2 years ago and have yet to use it once.  I don't know how!  So I will stick to my working out and reading.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »

Oh no...get out the book of directions that came with the sewing machine..it will walk you step by step and if you get stuck talk to someone in a fabric shop.  Very helpful people.    :thumbup;

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »

Yeah I keep meaning to sign up for a class at  Hobby Lobby or Michales. I even re-orderd the directions.  I just haven't done it. Haha.  I want to that is why I asked for it in the first place. 

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »