I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:28:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What do you think of dialysis patients that uses the services of prostitutes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think of dialysis patients that uses the services of prostitutes?  (Read 24756 times)
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 08:37:13 PM »

Tbh i dont think this question has anything to do with the fact someone is on dialysis. The question of using 'hookers' could be applied to a lot of shall we say , able bodied people. What it has to do with being on dialysis is really irrelevant isnt it ? Plenty of people without an illness/disability must use them , so is it ok for them ? What i do find funny is ,it is guys who ,when having problems (or not) use hookers. Women just suffer in silence !!!

yeah what about all the poor women- I support more male hookers!!!!  :2thumbsup;   JKidding kidding..........  :angel;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
bdpoe

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »

I don't know enough about these individuals to make any kind of moral judgement.

Epoman and Sluff mentioned the posibility of contracting STDs.

How about getting robbed or getting busted?
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 12:55:05 AM »

When I was a journalist I did a story with a number of prostitutes and it broke my heart that these young, very young, 12 years and up had such an ugly life on the streets.  They are the ones who are disabled - not those with renal disease.  I don't think this thread is at all appropriate and I find it in extremely poor taste but I respect that this site was set up to give everyone a voice. I think a servere case of laryngitis is called for. 
keefer51

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 06:11:39 AM »

When i first read this thread the impression i got was this; Lets say a man finds out his kidneys fails. So he goes to the hospital and get these tubes sticking out of his chest. His wife of many years finds a healthy man without the tubes. After thinking about what to do she decides to take the healthy man. So tube man finds himself without a wife. As time goes by lets say about a year tube man gets lonely. A buddy tells him about a "lady of the evening" who would be his "friend" for a couple of hours. All of what he was taught tells him he is doing wrong. But he feels his chances of finding the right one down the road is farther then he can wait. So he decides to go for it. It will cost him some money. But he lost everything anyway. This scenario is one that i find to be one where i can't blame him. I guess we have to look at the whole picture.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:46 AM »

I know this is not considered a 'nice' subject...too bad. The fact remains that there are alot of disabled people who would very much benefit from sexual activity- I think it would help alot of depressed people- I know the lack of sex can be very depressing and demoralizing all by itself without adding renal disease and tubes and fatigue. Is prostitution the answer- maybe not the best one, but what is the best alternative? Self-gratifacation is not enough. and if you say celibacy- then maybe thats right for you...or maybe its  moral judgement.

When I was a journalist I did a story with a number of prostitutes and it broke my heart that these young, very young, 12 years and up had such an ugly life on the streets.  They are the ones who are disabled - not those with renal disease.  I don't think this thread is at all appropriate and I find it in extremely poor taste but I respect that this site was set up to give everyone a voice. I think a servere case of laryngitis is called for. 

I do not think children should be used either- but what adults do is a direct reflection of their choices. And not all hookers are diseased crack whores.

and if you find this thread so distaseful-why read it? Some people here obviously do not mind having a dialog about this subject- I find it interesting that so many people are quick to judge. 

What if your ugly as hell, sweet person but no-one will ever shag you without monetary exchange?

I will miss him- FOREVER

RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »

What if your ugly as hell, sweet person but no-one will ever shag you without monetary exchange?

Like me?   :lol;
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »

If I was single I'd shag you in a minute you sweet man!!

I will miss him- FOREVER

RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »

If I was single I'd shag you in a minute you sweet man!!

awwww  shucks!! why thank you. :lol;
st789

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »

Are we all children of God and we are all beautiful.

I think in some ways we all (especially single people) here hope to find that special someone who would understand us and accept us the way we are and willingly go through the up and down.
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »

Dr. Wilhelm Reich, the great follower of Sigmund Freud, was a psychiatrist as well as a social reformer.  He wrote that there are naturally enough people attracted to every particular type of person on Earth, and enough people who share the same sexual intersts, that everyone could have his sexual desires perfectly satisfied every minute of his entire life.  But society, by the arbitrary social barriers of prudery, religious taboos, monogamy, and marriage that it chooses to set up, creates an artificial shortage of sexual partners. As a result, there is widespread sexual starvation, out of which arises a massive amount of unnecessary human suffering, much of it ultimately leading to severe mental illness. If prostitution is created as a by-product of the pathological way society is designed to cause an aritificial shortage of sexual partners, then I see nothing wrong in dialysis patients having recourse to that service as a kind of preventative medicine to keep from being made insane by a sick society.
George Jung

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »

I could care less really, about this thread, but the fact that some wish to have it locked is bothersome to me.  The freedom in which we (collectively) enjoy is the soul of this web site, its essence, and the basis for which it was created.  It is that characteristic I respect ever so much and has kept me here at IHD.  The minute that is taken away, part of me will be taken away also.  I am very grateful for IHD (thanks epoman) and I will always credit it for certain things, however, if ever the day comes to get rid of the freedom I will have to go along with it.

BTW, why do you think I am going to Vegas in October?  For an IHD annual meet?

:secret;  SEX, PROSTITUTION, CALL GIRLS, AND SEX   :secret;

Maybe we could get a group rate?
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »

I could care less really, about this thread, but the fact that some wish to have it locked is bothersome to me. The freedom in which we (collectively) enjoy is the soul of this web site, its essence, and the basis for which it was created. It is that characteristic I respect ever so much and has kept me here at IHD. The minute that is taken away, part of me will be taken away also. I am very grateful for IHD (thanks epoman) and I will always credit it for certain things, however, if ever the day comes to get rid of the freedom I will have to go along with it.

Good for you George, i appreciate your honesty my friend, thank you for always speaking your mind (even if some don't agree)  Epoman made this site for just that reason.  He always loved a good "debate"  :boxing; :boxing;  No matter what the topic was on.  I miss you Boss  :banghead;

:secret; SEX, PROSTITUTION, CALL GIRLS, AND SEX :secret;

and if that is what is awaiting me in Vegas? COUNT ME BACK IN BABY  :bandance; :bandance;
(oh how i wish) :P :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 01:08:14 PM by goofynina » Logged

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »

I could care less really, about this thread, but the fact that some wish to have it locked is bothersome to me.  The freedom in which we (collectively) enjoy is the soul of this web site, its essence, and the basis for which it was created.  It is that characteristic I respect ever so much and has kept me here at IHD.  The minute that is taken away, part of me will be taken away also.  I am very grateful for IHD (thanks epoman) and I will always credit it for certain things, however, if ever the day comes to get rid of the freedom I will have to go along with it.

BTW, why do you think I am going to Vegas in October?  For an IHD annual meet?

:secret;  SEX, PROSTITUTION, CALL GIRLS, AND SEX   :secret;

Maybe we could get a group rate?

I agree with you in entirety   :bandance; :bandance;

I will miss him- FOREVER

RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

Interesting perspective from Heidi Fleiss http://www.legalaffairs.org/issues/September-October-2003/feature_fleiss_sepoct03.msp

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »