I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  having sex while on dialysis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: having sex while on dialysis  (Read 163395 times)
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

Wanna have sex and you are on hemodialysis?...another reason to do home hemo.  ;D
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »

I can't quite picture that one!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »

It's all about tubing and piping  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »

I had not thought of it in quite that way before now. Peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter, as my sister would say as she tries to get out of the conversation!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2007, 04:06:53 AM »

:rofl; :rofl;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2007, 06:57:09 AM »

Interesting topic (and yes I had a laugh at the literal interpretation of the topic line... hey I only wish I had good looking nurses in my unit... although the first dietician I saw is a cutie.... ) :)

Anyway getting back to serious stuff... my experience is mixed... I don't have a loss of drive and I have no problem with the equipment per se... so no need for any little blue pills... but I have found that my energy just drains out on me and usually at the worst time! And the worst part is it just goes all of a sudden so I'll be in the middle of.. well you can imagine and then all of a sudden it's like a super drain on the battery and the energizer bunny just falls in a heap. It really sucks! And not just for me of course but for the lady I am with.. This doesn't happen all the time, but also something I do find is.. gee I hope I won't get in trouble for being too explicit here keeping in mind the various audiences but I didn't see a rule against it :) anyway.. whn I orgasm I find thatejaculation is really poor.. like a little trickle rather than a flood (you know what I mean, right?!)... I don't really worry about that so much as I am more concerned with my partner's enjoyment, but I guess it is another sign of the various problems caused by kidney failure.

Just back to the light hearted side of things.. I find when on hemo and the BP is dropping a little too much and I fear I am in danger of entering the Cramp Zone I tend to try to think of similar themes to the above to get things... ahem.. moving (no, I don't need a blanket!)... sometimes it helps! (blush)

I just now saw this thread.  :-[

but I didn't see a rule against it :)

LOL, yeah I forgot to add the no discussing ejaculate rule.  ;D

:beer1;

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:49 AM »

I had not thought of it in quite that way before now. Peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter, as my sister would say as she tries to get out of the conversation!

Oh man finally I have a reason to post this on IHD, thank you Kitkatz.  :thumbup;

http://home.comcast.net/~etrata/flash/banana.swf  :2thumbsup;

ENJOY!

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

Oh man finally I have a reason to post this on IHD, thank you Kitkatz.  :thumbup;

ENJOY!

- Epoman

The eroticism at it's finest. :rofl; :rofl;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2007, 09:04:38 AM »

ENJOY!

- Epoman

I am reeeeeeally starting to worry about you boss,  :P ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
melshell

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »

:o So..It's been a couple of days since I checked in, I'm scanning the posts, and THIS is the thread I fall into?!!  :lol; I'm a "brand new" PD'er, so I don't know how much my  :twocents; will weigh in- but here goes!! -Will admit that I haven't "hooked up" while hooked up, but am thinking that I would have to agree with the other PD'ers--it's gotta feel like a waterbed? Only I'm thinking I would feel like the waterbed mattress, and one of us would end up sea sick??!! I find that mine and hubby's "appetites" haven't changed, but the mechanics certainly have!! I'm nearing 6wks post op cath. insertion, so the exit site can still be a bit tender it seems, and WHAT THE HECK ARE YA SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE CATH?? (jus' lettin' it swing ain't the thing, and I've developed a SERIOUS tape allergy!!) *LMAO  I'm LOVING these forums!!

FSGS since 1991
ESRD 9/06
PD since 12/06

"...atleast I didn't wake up dead this morning..."

sqzagapeach@yahoo.com
myspace.com/mel8675309
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »

:o So..It's been a couple of days since I checked in, I'm scanning the posts, and THIS is the thread I fall into?!!  :lol; I'm a "brand new" PD'er, so I don't know how much my  :twocents; will weigh in- but here goes!! -Will admit that I haven't "hooked up" while hooked up, but am thinking that I would have to agree with the other PD'ers--it's gotta feel like a waterbed? Only I'm thinking I would feel like the waterbed mattress, and one of us would end up sea sick??!! I find that mine and hubby's "appetites" haven't changed, but the mechanics certainly have!! I'm nearing 6wks post op cath. insertion, so the exit site can still be a bit tender it seems, and WHAT THE HECK ARE YA SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE CATH?? (jus' lettin' it swing ain't the thing, and I've developed a SERIOUS tape allergy!!) *LMAO  I'm LOVING these forums!!

Girlfriend, i am hearing you with the tape allergy situation (and it was me that felt like the waterbed) :P  lol,  you should try using Medipore - Soft Cloth Surgical Tape.  When i was using the other tapes, paper and plastic it literally made my skin raw, now it has cleared up and this tape is wonderful.  I hope you find it and give it a try,  keep us posted k, 

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »

ENJOY!

- Epoman

Why, oh why did I ever give you reason to post the dancing banana??

lifenotonthelist.com

melshell

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »

Thanks goofynina, I'll check into that tape!! I've been so-o-o-o gunshy about tape since I had such a horrible reaction, that I decline even band-aids after blood draws and have been wearing men's "wife beater" T's under my clothes and cutting holes in them and taping my tube to them ever since!! <-actually it works out pretty good, but along with the men's underwear I've been wearing because I found that they are the most comfortable-the waistband hits "just right" beneath my exit site, and all that's left to do is to walk around scratching my ass, burping the alphabet, and grading the deadly potential of my farts and I will have become my brother!!!  :D Ya know...Hubby HAS seen me in this get up...maybe the lack of zeal isn't merely due to the mechanics of the tube??? :o -just kidding! 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:03:59 AM by melshell » Logged

FSGS since 1991
ESRD 9/06
PD since 12/06

"...atleast I didn't wake up dead this morning..."

sqzagapeach@yahoo.com
myspace.com/mel8675309
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2007, 11:03:36 PM »

Notts England

Sex and dialysis treatment

It is possible that the tip of a peritoneal dialysis catheter might lie low in the pelvis and that sex could cause discomfort for a woman, but this does not seem to happen often. It is said that it is best to tape down a peritoneal dialysis catheter, or have some clothing over, in case your partner grabs hold of it during a moment of passion.

Research in Coventry (UK) has shown that people on peritoneal dialysis and haemodialysis both report similar sex lives (scoring 40/100 on a questionnaire). People with functioning kidney transplants did better, scoring 59/100. Although these scores do not sound very high, the general public do not score anywhere near 100.

:clap;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2007, 05:43:26 AM »

And I don't score at all.. >:D
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2007, 06:45:22 PM »

Before dialysis I use to score 199.9, now I only score 199.5.  ;D. Tonight I´ll try the UF STOP position....that might bring my score up.... ;D ;D ;D
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »

It is possible that the tip of a peritoneal dialysis catheter might lie low in the pelvis and that sex could cause discomfort for a woman, but this does not seem to happen often. It is said that it is best to tape down a peritoneal dialysis catheter, or have some clothing over, in case your partner grabs hold of it during a moment of passion.

Uh huh, tell me something i dont know ;) ;)  :popcorn;

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:50 AM »

I have no sex drive!  >:( Well i'm single right now anyways, so I guess it don't matter, but it still bother's me. I don't have any sexual urges or desires... this has really been going on since a very young age and I have been told before it was due to being on prednisone from age 12-17 non-stop, high doses and IV doses... I have 2 kids, but honestly, I actually had sex to please my partner, I didn't actually "feel the need" to have it... or want it. I feel so, wierd and left out I guess of the actual pleasures of sex and such.

I wanna talk to a dr about hormones and see if that could help me, but I dont even bother with it right now while on dialysis since I am single anyways... but just curious to what others think?

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Laura

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

Sex? What's sex? 

I am so tired when I get home from teaching and dialysis three days a week you can imagine what happens at home.  Nothing.  The sex drive is busted, broken, gone with the wind.

I'm with you!  Sex is the last thing on my mind...unless I'm watching the show "Lost".  There is way too much beefcake on that show not to at least think a little about sex!  But then again, anyone on the island is cured of whatever health problems they had when they arrived.  Where can I find an island like that? 
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »

...  Sex is the last thing on my mind...unless I'm watching the show "Lost".  There is way too much beefcake on that show not to at least think a little about sex!  But then again, anyone on the island is cured of whatever health problems they had when they arrived.  Where can I find an island like that? 

:lol; Good to see another "Lost" fan.

BTW -- sorry, I just can't help the mental picture that pops into my head everytime I see this thread title --  :rofl; :rofl; lines flopping all over, bare fanny in the air, and nurses and techs with their hands in the air screaming, "No. No. Mr. Smith! Miss Jones!  You can't do that here!"  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
AlasdairUK

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 06:06:55 AM »

...  Sex is the last thing on my mind...unless I'm watching the show "Lost".  There is way too much beefcake on that show not to at least think a little about sex!  But then again, anyone on the island is cured of whatever health problems they had when they arrived.  Where can I find an island like that? 

:lol; Good to see another "Lost" fan.

BTW -- sorry, I just can't help the mental picture that pops into my head everytime I see this thread title --  :rofl; :rofl; lines flopping all over, bare fanny in the air, and nurses and techs with their hands in the air screaming, "No. No. Mr. Smith! Miss Jones!  You can't do that here!"  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Thanks for that  :2thumbsup; It brought a smile to my face reading your post.

94 - PD for 3 months
94 - HD Permcath for 3 months
95 - RLD Transplant 10 years
2005 - HD Permcath 6 months
2006 - 2008 HDF Fistula
2008 - 2nd Transplant
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »

That's why I'm saying that Home Hemo is the key...you even get your blood pressure and temperature monitored, PH...and, the best of all....conductivity....what can go wrong???? >:D ;D >:D
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2007, 10:10:23 PM »

I have just stumbled across this thread.... :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; OMG 

Notts England

Sex and dialysis treatment

WHAT THE.....  Grabs hold during a moment of passion..  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;  I think there are few other "items" someone may grab hold of at that moment and my catheter is NOT one of them!

Fresenius supply a little pouch that is made of cotton,elastic and velcro. I keep this on at ALL times and it definatley looks after my catheter in those moments of need.  :P  :cuddle;   ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:16:39 PM by Wattle » Logged

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Duane

I'm glad to be here.

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »

oooh nasty!

1 Corinthians 9:24  In a race, everyone runs but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »

oooh nasty!

That comment sure doesn't boost anyone's self esteem. I think it's great that the people can get over the self conscientious of the tube associated with PD. It's a fact of treatment with this type of dialysis.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »