I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 10:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Just one of those weeks to forget.. if possible...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just one of those weeks to forget.. if possible...  (Read 13008 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« on: April 24, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »

This is a bit of a vent so please feel free.

It's been one of those weeks... Seems like everything that could go wrong for me HAS gone wrong this week.

First it started with my foot cramping during dialysis.. not fun. OK, we upped the dry weight hopefully that will fix that. Bad nurse said I was getting "old and fat" - thanks, mate! :p

Then it got worse at work where I'd been asked to do one thing for an important project last week.. of course they put the request in on a Thursday afternoon and said "oh yeah it needs to be done by Monday" - thanks SOOOO much kids for that massive amount of notice (specially when I was at D on Thursday afternoon so didn't get that request till the Friday - uh hello??!! everyone knows when my D times are!).. so anyway I worked my butt off to fit to their schedule and get things happening.. well guess what? They come back and say "oh no actually that's not really what we want anymore.. we want something else!" omg I could have killed someone... so I wrote a less than flattering comment but busted my hump to make the changes... but wait.. this gets better...

I go home on Wednesday evening and turn on my laptop, sitting plugged in on the desk where I left it in the morning. I feed my cat and come back to the laptop and see a lovely message on the screen "HARD DISK (3F0)" yep you guessed it. The six month old laptop, or at least the hard drive, has FAILED TOTALLY!!! I lost all my data and I hadn't done a backup for like 4 weeks. oh crap! Well I finally was able to talk to the Indian call centre today (Friday) and hopefully they will organise with me sometime to pick the bloody thing up and repair/replace it. hmm.

Meantime back at work I have *SIX* new servers to install and varying deadlines because of older systems having to be decomissioned and sent back (end of lease) so I have to get these new ones up and running so I am busy working on those and getting confused between different ones because there's so many.

Meantime the project people are back with their request.. guess what they've changed it again!!! Oh and because they are idiots and have no clue what the hell they are doing they're behind the deadline and everything has to be up THIS WEEK OR ELSE!! Well guess who the pressure is on? Not them... noooo it's on *ME* because somehow it's all my fault (WHAT THE>!>>!!?!?!?)... but wait this gets better.. I'm making changes on the main webserver to get it all happening and there are these weird errors and stuff going on... so it doesn't make sense.. so I go and check their area where they've put all the files that are needed... THEY MOVED THE FILES!!!! WHAT THE HELL!? They moved all this stuff and didn't even tell me!!! I got SO ANGRY!! I was absolutely livid!!! Who operates like this???? How the crap did they expect me to get their bloody thing working when they just go and move stuff around in the middle of me working on it and then not tell me. But just wait it gets better... I made a comment asking why this was done and the guy comes back "uh oh we thought we would help you" and had a blank look and said he didn't understand why I was so angry. OH MY GOD!!! So I totally let them have it in an email (after I got things finally working - it turns out my stuff worked fine it was their code that was wrong... and it had to do with all the stupid moving around THEY did.. go figure!!) and copied their managers and told them how unacceptable it was and that I didn't apprieciate being screwed around CONSTANTLY specially having them coming and standing over my shoulder expecting me to do things instantly.

Oh my God I was ready to belt the living crap out of someone by that stage!!! My boss even had to drag me off to the pub to calm me down.

So then I went to cash in some lotto scratch tickets I had lying around at home.... oh no they couldn't do it for me.. their machine is down (gee, this sounds like a familiar situation for me doesn't it?).. and right after I walked out of there I got a call from a co-worker saying one of the new servers wouldn't respond (turned out he'd made an error in a file and it kind of screwed things up.. but we fixed it pretty quickly)...

Why do I have the feeling my dialyzer will pop off the machine or something tomorrow????

Oh yeah and my loser football team (4 games, 4 bad losses) plays tomorrow night too.. YAY!!

Can someone please just shoot me and put me out of my misery? thank you!!

thanks for letting me vent... not going home to my kitty and dead laptop!  :rofl;

Moved to General Dialysis section-kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:37:32 PM by kitkatz » Logged

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »

Richard, I had just finished writing you a private note on PM when I discovered this post.  OMG boy, what a time you've had!  All I can say, is hopefully you got ride of all the bad things for the next year or so.  That was enough to last.  The only thing I can say is OMG, but you will handle it. 

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »

my loser football team (4 games, 4 bad losses) plays tomorrow night too.. YAY!!

I was feeling for you Richy until....... you had to go and mention Richmond..........    :rofl; :rofl;

Now I'm laughing....   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;  all the way to the G tomorrow to watch Collingwood WIN!!    :-* :-*

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 05:06:35 AM »

oh the typical friendly sympathy of a Collingwood supporter. I should have expected no less!!!  :p

I'll just add it to my bad week list and move on !  :rofl;

Dan: thanks for your comment (and PM) :) I'll live but just VERY frustrating when it seems like everything was going wrong! I am being Dialysis naughty and sipping on a vodka and coke.. well they can bite me!!!  :beer1;

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »

well they can bite me!!!  :beer1;

:-* :-*  Enjoy it Rich you deserve it.

PKD
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:48:17 AM »

You certainly deserve that vodka and Coke, Richard.  I am sorry for the difficulties at work, and I am glad you let them know about it so maybe it can be avoided in the future.

On the bright side, you can always come here and vent.  We are always here to listen and lend some sympathy.

Next week has got to be better for you!   :bow;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »

So glad you could vent.

going home to my kitty and dead laptop!

At least it isn't the other way around!  ;D (dead kitty and laptop)

I think I'll back up my hard drive tonight.....

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 07:29:17 AM »

Vodka and coke sounds absolutely awful.  But what can you expect from an Aussie???

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »

Dan you should know it was ACTUALLY vanilla coke I used!!!  :rofl;

In the good old days before kidney failure and when I was much younger and stupid I used to drink triple vodka shots straight... but these days I need a bit of sweetness in my life... and since I had no women from IHD I had to go the bad bad phosphorous route!! lol

And yes I am so glad my kitty seems very well and happy... I'd be totally lost if something happened to her.. and if it happened this week well... I'd wonder which deity I'd offended somehow.

Hey did I mention my Indian Premier League (IPL) team lost a game it was sooo set to win!!

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

And yes, back it all up!!!! At least I have some stiuff backe dup like my itunes library and financial stuff.... oh and some photos... so it's mostly irritating as much as anything else (plus right now I'm using a 9 year old desktop PC that is clunking along slowly but so far hasn't totally died)

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »

WoW Richard that has been a week to forget huh.
Sounds like you walked through a Murphy's law dust storm.

And i was thinking the same as Dan Vodka and coke?  thats a first.

may the new week be much less stressful.

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:04 AM »

hehe... I was thinking it was, in truth, probably straight vodka shots.  I have a friend from Scotland who drinks Scotch and Coke.  The only thing a Texan is allow to drink with coke i Jack Daniels.

I hope you are feeling a little better.

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »

Ahh, Richard.  :cuddle;  You did have a bad week.  I am sending AlohaBeth on a plane right now.  She'll be there tomorrow to make your weekend better   :2thumbsup;    :rofl;    She was looking at airfares, etc the other day.  She thinks Australia may be her next adventure.  I hope the weekend is better.  We love you, does that help?   :cuddle;  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »

even though your fellow employees probably can't really be classed as "users" i'm sure you know the saying "they got just what they asked for, but not what they wanted"

and as for the cola, i say, just take a binder and screw the phosphorous.

i'm sure you'll have a better week next week.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »

Yeah, you had a shitty week!  Hope it goes up from here!

:beer1;

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »

Sorry Richard, I hope things have smoothed out  :thumbup;
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:05:23 AM by Joe Paul » Logged

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

Crap weeks are the ones that make everything else better.  And it dose good to get really mad every once in a while.  Then again that is comming from a very moody woman who needs an excuse to be a little B****y from time to time.  haha  I hope this week gets better for you.  *REALLY BIG HUG*  :grouphug;

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »

I'll come and share a vodka & coke with you, or a Bacardi & coke ............only out of the kindness of my heart and to make you feel better you understand  :rofl;

Hope this coming week is better for you, of all people you didn't deserve all that cr*p and specially not all in one week .......................never mind Alohabeth may be on her way to you soon  :thumbup;
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »

in comparison , my weeks sounds pretty good   :waiting;
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:24 PM »

Yes twirl..I just had that thought too....RM...it will be better....however please take a sip for me.

:beer1;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:13:17 PM »

Well crap weeks suck rocks.  I have no words except hope it goes better for you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »

:grouphug; Best of Luck for a Good Week Next Week!
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:42 PM »

Save some Vodka for tonight   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;   GO PIES   :cheer:

(Melbourne football joke.... all the Aussies will understand....   ;D )

PKD
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »

Ahh, Richard.  :cuddle;  You did have a bad week.  I am sending AlohaBeth on a plane right now.  She'll be there tomorrow to make your weekend better   :2thumbsup;    :rofl;    She was looking at airfares, etc the other day.  She thinks Australia may be her next adventure.  I hope the weekend is better.  We love you, does that help?   :cuddle;  :cuddle;

lol well I have hundreds of thousands of frequent flyer points that need using... hmm maybe we can do adeal!!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 01:36:03 AM »

oooh I so hope Wattle i sfeeling a bit contrite tonight after the unexpected loss of her team. FOOTBALL JUSTICE WAS SERVED!!! Essendon deserved to win and when it looked like they wouldn't the Gods smiled on them and they got over the line. What an awesome game.. I was almost jumping out of my seat by the end!! Pity I was stuck on the machine at the time.. uh oh.

Well my week continues to go well - my ipod totally crashed out today when I got to dialysis!!!!

I mean I am just NOT making this stuff up??!?!?!

Well my tiggers are about to start playing.. can't wait for this night of fun to be over!!!

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 03:42:52 AM »

Three words.......

Pass the Vodka   :stressed; :stressed;

PKD
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »