I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 08:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  My Dear Friends... Please pray for us...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Dear Friends... Please pray for us...  (Read 8367 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »

Gee I'm so sorry to hear this.. what a shock for everyone!! Lots of hugs and thoughts over to the emerald isle.... That's really tough for you all to deal with.. on top of everything.

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »

I'm so sorry darth! Please know that I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.   :grouphug;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »

Oh Darth you are such an inspiration and so full of humour, I hate to read that this has happened to your dear family. 

I lost my husband when he was 52 (I was 46, our 2 boys were 16 and 18, his Mum was 72) so I understand how devastating it is for you all.  All I can tell you is that we did survive and although life has never been the same it has brought my sons & I even closer.

May God bless you and all your family.  I will keep you in my thoughts.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 01:08:26 AM »

i'm never sure just what to say at a time like this, it's just such a shock. please know you will be in my thoughts.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 08:56:28 AM »

Hello my friends...

Thank you for everything... Your support is very much appreciated... I'm gathering great strength from everybody's concern and thoughtful comments...

I've a better idea of what happened now...

Selwyn was at a friend's house doing some computer jobbie on Thursday morning... Left the friend's house at about 11.30am... Was walking back to his car, and he hit the ground...

An ambulance was called, and an advance paramedic team arrived first... His heart had stopped... They restarted it, and the ambulance took him to the Mater Hosp... The heart stopped again in the ambulance, and they restarted it... When he got to A&E, his heart stopped again... They attempted to restart it but they just couldn't get a rhythm going, and after exhausting every possible option, resuscitation attempts were abandoned, and he died in the A&E department...

Thank God it happened when it did... Another minute and he'd have been been behind the wheel of the car... If the heart attack had happened while he was driving, it could have been the catalyst for a serious accident, perhaps killing someone in the process...

We went to see his body last night... I have to say that he looked very peaceful... Eyebrows ever so slightly raised, as if in surprise... It shows us that he wasn't in pain...

His body will be taken from his home tomorrow evening at 6pm to the church where it will remain overnight... Burial on Monday morning after mass...

I'd very much appreciate it if you could continue to remember us in your prayers... God knows the next few days are going to be dreadful...

May God bless and protect you all...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Epofriend

This is what happens in Vegas!

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »

Darth, our deepest sympathy for you and your Mom. You are in our thoughts and prayers. As others have said, a parent should never have to bury their child, and for you, the loss of a sibling really hurts.

Ro and Alene
 :grouphug;

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

Water flows from the sky to the river to the ocean same as souls do.   :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 01:54:41 PM »

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 02:13:28 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.  I, too, pray for peace and strength for you and your family.  Especially your dear Mother.   :grouphug;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 03:11:24 PM »

Darth,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and my heart aches for your loss.   My heart also aches for the dear teenagers as that is such a hard age in itself much less with the loss of a Father now.  I can't imagine what must be going through your dear Mother's mind and heart, bless her heart.   How is she doing now?   That is amazing that a minute later and he could have had his heart attack in his car and like you said, it could have resulted in a much worse situation.   God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he?  I pray you will have peace in remembering what someone else said, that one day you will meet again.      :grouphug;

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 04:50:35 AM »

Hi everybody...

Wouldn't you just know it???... Of all the clothes I have, I hadn't a decent black top... T-Shirts, yes... But nothing suitable for a funeral of a family member...

Mad a crazy dash to the local shopping centre to get two tops (I'm likely to spill something on at least one of them!), and I've just written out the card to put on my wreath... God that was hard...

My poor mum's getting weepy now... I suppose until this evening, she still felt a tangible connection with him, as she knew his body was still in in house, and she could access it at will... I think the fact that the coffin will be closed this afternoon will hit her hard...

He goes to the church this evening where he will remain overnight, and will be buried after 10am mass tomorrow...

Please, please pray for us... May God give us the strength to cope... I certainly don't have it within myself...

Take care everyone, and thank you all...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 06:02:40 AM »

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.  :grouphug;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »

May God wrap His loving arms around all of you and give you peace during this most difficult time.  I continue to keep you in my prayers,   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 12:34:13 PM »

Darth, I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your brother.  You will be at the top of my prayer list.  I hope the next few days won't be too tough for you to handle; always remember that there are people all over the world sending you strength and love through this wonderful site we have here.

We just lost my husband's brother to cancer three months ago, so I know how crazy this time is for you.  His death, wake, and funeral were almost a blur to us; we were just going through the motions, still in shock.  I found that the toughest time was about a week after the funeral when all our friends' lives had gone back to "normal," and we were wondering how in the world we'd go on without our loved one.  Somehow, I know you'll find the strength, but I'll keep you in my prayers for some time to come just in case.

I'm wishing you courage, peace, and strength.   I'm thinking about you and weeping with you over the loss of your brother.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »

Strength, peace and love will carry you through this tough time. Lean on your friends. We care.  :grouphug; :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bub

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »

Be strong....now we cant always understand, but someday. May our Lord wipe the tears from your eyes.
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

How are you and your Mother doing Darth?

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »

Hi Folks...

Me again... Told you that you can't get rid of a bad thing!... :rofl;

We're doing pretty okay, thank God... It's been eighteen days now... Mum's an amazing woman... She has SO much strength for a sick, older lady who has just buried her only son... It's great to see her still interested in things... And still really enjoying food... Plan is Peppered Steaks for lunch...

Mum's due to attend an appointment with the Nephrologist on Wed. next (May 6th), so I suppose her blood work will tell us how well she's really doing... She's just done her morning dialysis exchange, and is now sipping on a cup of tea... The dog is altenating between glaring at he, and barking at her... He LOVES tea, and is demanding his share!... On the plus side, with him around, she's unlikely to overdo it with the fluids!...

Thanks everyone for everything...

Keep in touch...

Love...

Darth...

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 08:08:41 AM »

:2thumbsup; Good to hear your mom is handling all of this. Take care!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 08:10:51 AM »

Great news, Darth!  I hope things continue to go well.   :)

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »

How about you, Darth? How are you dealing with losing your brother?  I know you are making sure your Mum is ok--so we are making sure you are doing well.  We've missed you  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

Thanks Paris...

I'm okay... I'm surviving... Mum has always been my greatest worry... Thank God she's doing okay... Once she's healthy and happy(ish), I'm happy too...

Missed you all... Don't know why it took me so long to come back!...

God bless...

Love...

Darth...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »