I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Fibromyglgia Sucks!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fibromyglgia Sucks!  (Read 8604 times)
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« on: April 07, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Today my fibromyalgia is acting up.  I had to go to Sams Club and Castco today too.  I feel so bad.  This pain is the worst.  :'(  I hope tomarrow is better.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »

:grouphug; MandaMe, Please take care of yourself. I know that fibromyalgia is a nasty thing to deal with.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »

I've heard this is so painful! Sorry you are having a bad day.

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »

My sister has fibromyalgia and there are days she can't do anything.  Even after several years, she feels like her family thinks she is exaggerating the amount of pain.  "you look fine"     Hope the pain eases soon.  gentle hugs  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

My sister has fibromyalgia and there are days she can't do anything.  Even after several years, she feels like her family thinks she is exaggerating the amount of pain.  "you look fine"     Hope the pain eases soon.  gentle hugs  :cuddle;

haven't we all heard that at some point or another.  "You don't look sick" "You look great!" And how often is it how you really feel.  Yeah my dad used to freak out cause I would start crying when he would pat my back.  It just hurt that bad. I think everyone thought I was crazy.  My older brother told me once that I did it for the attention.  Of course that was before we figured out what was wrong with me.  Now he thinks I am dieing all the time and thinks I shouldn't ever do anything cause it will be to much.. eh family is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:26:28 AM »

I also have fibromyalgia and everyone just thinks I am lazy. I have learned to not worry anymore what others think. The medication I have does help ease the pain but some days it doesn't help at all.

Myalgia And Myositis ( this is the way it is worded on my medical record)

VENLAFAXINE ER (EFFEXOR XR) 75 MG 2x
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:30:09 AM by Sluff » Logged
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »

I also have fibromyalgia and everyone just thinks I am lazy. I have learned to not worry anymore what others think. The medication I have does help ease the pain but some days it doesn't help at all.

Myalgia And Myositis ( this is the way it is worded on my medical record)

VENLAFAXINE ER (EFFEXOR XR) 75 MG 2x

So it works?  They wanted me to try Lyrica but I was just worried it was gonna be another flop.  At the time the drug wast out for long and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  But I think I need to start taking something. Most days I am alirght, I hurt but I can make myself get up and do stuff. But there is always like a week when I hate trouble getting up to take a shower.   

Thanks Sluff

TiffanyJean

We live in paradise - if only we could enjoy it!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »

MandaMe-

Fibro sucks big time! My mom and sister both have it really bad, I'm lucky i don't have it as badly. but some days i just want to cry! my mom takes a combo of vicodin/darvocet and that helps her; my sister takes just vicodin. I'm the lucky one of us three because i can just take a few Tylenol and I'm ok.

the best thing that helps all three is a nice long soak in a hot bathtub or a jacuzzi. :)

TJ 

"Just think people have no problem having only one kidney, so we have to ask, why
did God give us two kidneys?  Perhaps it is so you would have an extra one to
donate and save a life!"
                        - Dr. Stuart Greenstein, Kidney Transplant Surgeon,
                        Professor of Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY   
                        Source of quote:   www.ourjerusalem.com
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 03:24:37 AM »

MandaMe-
I also suffer from Fibromyalgia
and because of my drug-intolerance (hypersensitivity to tablets, allergies etc)
I am unable to take any medication to ease the pain, whatever pain I suffer from.
The only thing that helps me when struggling with fibromyalgia
is a hot herbal bath with chamomile-oil (to calm down)
or with Rosmarin-oil/Spruce-and-Pine-oil to revive my thinking,
and good music to listen to whilst in the bath.
That always helps me a lot
to survive another fibromyalgia-attack.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »

I am only 50 but have had Fibromyalgia for many years and am thinking it's time to get a cane. I am having more days of walking hunched over, clutching onto things (countertops, doors, etc) to stay upright or doing the shuffle and just think that if I had a little support from a cane that the pain and stiffness might not be so bad. Same thing with getting up and out of chairs, thinking a cane would let me get a grip to lift myself up. Especially when I've been down on the floor cleaning and need help getting back up. Don't know if should get a wood cane with a rounded handle or a metal cane with a flat-topped handle or what? Any suggestions, good or bad? 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »

I have been fortunate so far, by not having it, but I see what my friends go thru and it really does suck!!! Hope you feel a little bit better soon.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 04:37:58 AM »

I am only 50 but have had Fibromyalgia for many years and am thinking it's time to get a cane. I am having more days of walking hunched over, clutching onto things (countertops, doors, etc) to stay upright or doing the shuffle and just think that if I had a little support from a cane that the pain and stiffness might not be so bad. Same thing with getting up and out of chairs, thinking a cane would let me get a grip to lift myself up. Especially when I've been down on the floor cleaning and need help getting back up. Don't know if should get a wood cane with a rounded handle or a metal cane with a flat-topped handle or what? Any suggestions, good or bad?
Please ask your doctor about this first...
... Using a cane for walking was suggested to me after I suffered a stroke. But when I asked a doctor about this,
they thought it was not such a good idea, because my body could start "bending towards the cane"
and by doing this, my posture would deteriorate ... I took this medical advice and after intensive physiotherapy
I slowly became able to walk again ... Please ask your doctor first...
Good luck from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »

Please ask your doctor about this first...
... Using a cane for walking was suggested to me after I suffered a stroke. But when I asked a doctor about this,
they thought it was not such a good idea, because my body could start "bending towards the cane"
and by doing this, my posture would deteriorate ... I took this medical advice and after intensive physiotherapy
I slowly became able to walk again ... Please ask your doctor first...
Good luck from Kristina.

kristina, thank you for the advice. I could see how the body could end up "bending towards the cane", I feel like my back is already starting to get a "stoop" and I want to avoid that. Some days I walk more stiff or almost hunched over more than other days and my body starts aching more as it tries compensating. I've decided to try to be a little more active because some days when I move around more I feel better, so long as I don't overdo things. The last thing I want is to get a cane. Sometimes I feel like I need one just to be upright. But I can see where this may affect one's posture over time and I do not need to cause myself more problems! Thanks again for sharing your experience and knowledge!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Uptownlifer

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:34 PM »

Ugh!! Fibro is terrible. I don't have it, but a good friend does, and  there are days she  says she feels like she's dying. There are times when I can't even give her a hug because any kind of physical touch is too much for her to bear. If she doesn't answer her phone,miss because she's collapsed and asleep on the couch. It takes everything out of her. Stay strong, fibro-mites, many out here care and are wishing you all the best.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »