I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 04:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis clincs could be in deep doo-doo in the next few months.. lol
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis clincs could be in deep doo-doo in the next few months.. lol  (Read 6625 times)
bioya

« on: April 05, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »

I have been offered a job as Health Facility Nurse Surveyor for my state. I don't have to rush, there is a small freeze on that will last for a month or so in my state. If I get the position I will be surveying dialysis clinics. Oh my my my my.... YUMMY..

About 40 percent of clinics in my state are FMC, 40 percent Duh-Vita and the other 20 percent are private (mostly physician owned).

I swear on my parents graves, If I get this job, I will cut them NO SLACK.. Not one thing, not one turn of my head, not one "do it now and I won't cite you". NOTHING...  I will dedicate every minute of every day I am in a clinic to making sure that the patients come first, and not the provider....

Its less money... but it would be a third retirement for me... (Military, Social Security (if its still there) and then state retirement). I really need to do it. I just have to decide if I can live with the reduced bi-weekly amount now...

LOL.. oh my my my  my my   ;D
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »

Good luck to you.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »

I say go for it. But please be wise about your battles.   :thx;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:25:58 AM »

:cuddle; bioya. Good luck with the job but as kitkatz said, please pick your battles.  :waving;
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:53:22 AM by willieandwinnie » Logged

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:39:04 AM »

Bioya, please let me be your spy or let's call it a Secret Shopper.... I will pose as a "visiting" patient and see how the service is from the inside.  Yummy!

:yahoo;

bioya

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »

Bioya, please let me be your spy or let's call it a Secret Shopper.... I will pose as a "visiting" patient and see how the service is from the inside.  Yummy!

:yahoo;
'

I like that idea... secret shopper.. lol

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »

I wish we could help offset you pay loss, because we really want you to do this!  One of our own on the inside.   :2thumbsup;  Let us know all the detais   :thumbup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »

I hope you get the job. They need someone like  you to do it. *fingers crossed* Let us know how it goes. :yahoo;

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »

:bow;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »

Go for it, bioya!

There are a lot of dialysis centers out there that need a good, impartial inspector.

Keep us updated! 

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »

please make my clinic buy freaking cotton balls
and do you know what else
patients are not given coffee anymore ---- to save money
have cotton balls and coffee gone way up in price
and one of the patients gave our unit a nice, new coffee pot and a few weeks later everything changed
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:17:53 PM by twirl » Logged
dialysisbiller

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »

did you take the job?
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »

Best of Luck and congratulations on your new position. But remember that there are probably many clinics who function very well indeed. Make sure you take time make the correct assessments and as they say 'Don't fix it if it ain't broken'.

I say this because my clinic was working like clockwork until a new charge nurse arrived on the scene. The golden rule as I understand it in all management techniquies is to play a low profile at first, quietly observing all aspects of  the operation and then maybe after a week or too make any necessary changes.

Not this one. She'd decided to stamp her authority from the word go It was quite obvious that her first priority was to quickly impess her boss so right away without any consultation with the staff she completeley revamped the whole procedure causing confusion for the staff and ultimately long waiting times for the patients either in being put on or taken off.

It took about two weeks for the staff to become fully accustomed to the new procedures and thankfully now all is in order again. I understand many of the old procedures have now been re-adopted with just a few of the new ones remaining. If the charge nurse had left time to make a more considered assessment we would have arrived at this point without without all the grief that her dive in head first mentality had caused.

Please for the sakes of patients and many good hard working staff, don't be tempted to justify your apointment by by making quick face value judgements.

Ken
bioya

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »

Best of Luck and congratulations on your new position. But remember that there are probably many clinics who function very well indeed. Make sure you take time make the correct assessments and as they say 'Don't fix it if it ain't broken'.

I say this because my clinic was working like clockwork until a new charge nurse arrived on the scene. The golden rule as I understand it in all management techniquies is to play a low profile at first, quietly observing all aspects of  the operation and then maybe after a week or too make any necessary changes.

Not this one. She'd decided to stamp her authority from the word go It was quite obvious that her first priority was to quickly impess her boss so right away without any consultation with the staff she completeley revamped the whole procedure causing confusion for the staff and ultimately long waiting times for the patients either in being put on or taken off.

It took about two weeks for the staff to become fully accustomed to the new procedures and thankfully now all is in order again. I understand many of the old procedures have now been re-adopted with just a few of the new ones remaining. If the charge nurse had left time to make a more considered assessment we would have arrived at this point without without all the grief that her dive in head first mentality had caused.

Please for the sakes of patients and many good hard working staff, don't be tempted to justify your apointment by by making quick face value judgements.

I will have written rules and regulations and company policy and procedures that I will follow. I will never lie or make things worse than they truly are, but in the same word, no one, no one, will be cut one once of slack. Patients must and will come first.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »

Please tell me you work in Ohio! Cause I've got a whole list of complaints about my clinic!! No matter what state you're in though, I'm glad you've got our backs. Good luck!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »