I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Marvin got a call! Waiting...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvin got a call! Waiting...  (Read 19763 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2009, 05:51:08 PM »

Hoping the testing will have great results. Cory is a real sweetie!   My surgeon keeps telling me that a non-related donor will be the best for me with the PRA problem.  My kids don't want to hear that--but they are the reason for the antibodies -- :rofl;   We'll all be anxious to hear how things go.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »

A very good -- and very busy -- day today.  We've been at the ballfield working since 7 a.m. -- just got home.  Marvin's team (nine- and ten-year-olds) won both of their games --  23 to 1 in the first game and 16 to 1 in the second game.  I took some pictures, and I'll have to post them.

Marvin can see you are hurting and so he is trying extra hard to make things look bright.  You need to let it go and just look for the next call. 

Marvin doesn't need to try and cheer you up too.

I'm so sorry this happened but Marvin has the right attitude and I know you just come on here to vent.  I know you probably put a smile on in front of Marvin.

:cuddle;

Rerun, you're right -- IHD is my place to vent.  In front of Marvin, I put on a "happy, cheery, it-will-be-alright face" and go right on with him.  Marvin doesn't cheer me up; I fake it in front of him when something like this happens.  Although when we got the news Thursday afternoon, he did look at me and say, "You can cry if you want to."  But, I didn't.  He rarely sees me cry; I do all of my crying in the shower.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »

He rarely sees me cry; I do all of my crying in the shower.

:bow; I'm with you there petey.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »

He rarely sees me cry; I do all of my crying in the shower.

:bow; I'm with you there petey.  :cuddle;

I do the same thing!

Oh Petey and Marvin! i am so sorry to hear about everything that has happened. Marvin is such a strong person. I sure don't think I could handle it like he is. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »

I missed this thread.  So my best wishes to you all a little late.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »