I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I'm a mess
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm a mess  (Read 6719 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« on: September 08, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

Well, i got my results back from my clearence test, FAILED, KT/V is low,  son of a motherless goat, now they want me to be on the machine like 12 hours or do an additional manual exchange.  I DONT WANNA,, my pth is high (guess i should start taking my sensipar faithfully now huh)  :-\  and my phosphorus is above 8.   OMG,  just freaken shoot me...  You know, i am just now (or was) at the point where i thought i was doing good, feeling good, looking eh, we'll skip that one, lol,  and they go and lay this on me,  and why haven't i been shot? 

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:51:14 AM »

DANG GOOFYNINA!!!, sorry to hear everythings a mess. Get better soon!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »

:cuddle;  Sorry to hear about all that.  One thing I try to keep in mind when I get medical news that isn't great is, you can't fix it if you don't know about it.  So now you know you need to work on some of your values.  That gives you a starting point, something to work towards.  And fixing these levels will help you have a happier, longer life.  I know it's easier said than done (I'm trying to lose weight and I should be saying the same things to myself LOL).

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Ginger

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »

Sorry to hear your labs are out of whack. Are you taking your binders faithfully? Ya know, ya just gotta take all those pills regularly!!!! (That includes the sensipar!) Hope things improve for you with your next labs. If they want 12hrs of dialysis, you can always fill and then disconnect until the dwell time is over. I just hope it all works out for you.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 05:14:13 PM »

:grouphug;  Hope you feel better soon!  :cuddle;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

Well, i got my results back from my clearence test, FAILED, KT/V is low,  son of a motherless goat, now they want me to be on the machine like 12 hours or do an additional manual exchange.  I DONT WANNA,, my pth is high (guess i should start taking my sensipar faithfully now huh)  :-\  and my phosphorus is above 8.   OMG,  just freaken shoot me...  You know, i am just now (or was) at the point where i thought i was doing good, feeling good, looking eh, we'll skip that one, lol,  and they go and lay this on me,  and why haven't i been shot? 

What is your Kt/V? How high is your PTH? Your PH is high but you know it's because of you not taking your binders regularly. What binders are you taking? I think in my own personal experiance a lot depends on how YOU FEEL!.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »

If i remember correctly, i believe she said my Kt/V was 1.5 and it needed to be 1.8,   I was taking Fosrenol binders (but not as faithfully as i should) especially since there have been times when i just vomited what i ate because i couldnt get them down, ew, gross, the doc has put me back on Renagel, thank God, BUT, he told me to only take 1 with meals,  does that sound right?  i dont think so, so i take 2 (or 3 if i eat anything with dairy)  i believe my pth is at 900,  you know, i was feeling fine until i found all this shit out, now i am feeling sick, lol, a definet mental thing i guess..  Thank you everyone for your well wishes,  you all ARE the best support group fo shizzle ;)

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »

Goofynina, if you want to stay on PD you better get those numbers down.  12 hours and 1 manual exchange or HEMODIALYSIS.... now you choose.   :beer1;

You can do this! 

vandie

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »

I'm sorry you're down.  You are always such a great inspiration for all of us, always so positive.  Hang in there.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:02 PM »

Rerun,  i have a new motto,  *ahem*  "I will go homo before i go hemo"  lol,  j/k  (for the record, i am not against gays AT ALL) ;)      but you best believe i am going to do what i can to stay on PD, thats for darn sure :)

Vandie, thank you, you best believe i will hang in there girlfriend and being positive is what gets me through each day :)  (and my goofy sense of humor)  (and a couple of shots of tequila) ;)

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 09:27:17 PM »

Hang in there woman!  Do not let the lab results get you down.  Sometimes the body just throws some really weird results.  You will be better, you better!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
anja

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 10:28:53 PM »

Goofynina, sooooo sorry to hear about your latest values, know how much you have appreciated being on PD!  But it will work out, you have what it takes to get through this in the best fashion, wit, warmth, wackiness,and will-power !  Don't let this take your spirit away- we need you here!  You know you have been feeling better , sometimes numbers lie, there are lots of differentials.  Just follow the recommendations and keep an upbeat mind and all will work out.  This may just be a temporary thing, one never knows...Wishin' you the best! :bump;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 11:09:51 PM »

Thank you Anja, you know, i dont think anything can take my spirit away (except death) so i am going to stay far away from that as possible, ;)  It is time i really took control of what i am doing to myself.  I am going to start a new life for myself, a healthier life for myself, and i will start on "Monday" ;)    I will use this site as my journal,  with you all behind me, noooo, with you all BY MY SIDE,  i know i can do this,  afterall,  you all are my SUPPORT GROUP rrrrright??  right!!!   :grouphug;

www.kidneyoogle.com
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 01:58:33 AM »

Hope  you feel better Goofynina... just remember more time on the machine, more time for ihatedialysis.com.. hehe...
 :grouphug;  &  :beer1;

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
jdat

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 02:37:37 AM »

My lab results while I was on PD were always horrible and that was for a little over a year  :-[ ....

I hate to say this but there are some issues with the method and it doesn't always work out great for everyone ( and whenever it isn't effective they throw you to the evil Hemo nurses >:D ) .

With the nasty thoughts aside keep on keeping on.
After all they're just numbers  ;) .
If you feel great that's what counts the most. If down the line the numbers get better that'd be great but in the meantime try to take your meds  :P
Hope it all works out in your favor  :D

kevno

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 11:57:43 AM »

I know how you feel goofynina ;) You will get through this. It happens to all of us on PD and Haemo. Just take the tablets (How many times have you had that said ;D I can not count ;)) You are not in a mess you have always come across too strong for that :thumbup;

If? the Haemo Nurse comes. Tell him/her no thanks. I did for at least four years at the end of my Pd. I was on for 12 years. My lab results, always up and down. I did have a rest from PD in 1997 for 6 months to give my peritoneal a rest. But at the end if Haemo is your only option. Then like me you will have to go with it. Had 6 years of haemo now, hated it, had to cope with it. If you have to go on haemo, I am sure you will cope better than I have done. :grouphug;

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 02:13:42 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that you got a lousy lab report.
You are such a positive person and an encouragement to the rest
of us.  Keep that positive attitude now and don't miss taking
any of those meds.  Will keep you in thought
and prayers.  I think a journal would be an excellent idea by the way.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 05:52:18 AM »

Wow sorry to hear your results were a mess :(

We are here for you and hopefully the news will be better next month because I know you want to stay on PD and not go on HD.

We are here for you!  :grouphug;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 09:18:21 AM »

Goofina sorry you're labs were off but you know you have to do the right things to keep them correct.  :cuddle; Now, ya had your fun, get back on track. :grouphug;. Funny thing about those labs, by the time we get the results, we are already feeling better.Because most of the time we know why it happened.  :popcorn; :beer1;... Sometimes we do everything right and our body still will retalliate. You might have just been under the weather a bit. SOOOOO Sending you a giant hug... Feel better my friend! Sassy
Panda_9

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 03:59:49 AM »

Goofinya are you on a cycler that allows you to disconnect while your dwelling? When I was on 16 hour treatments I would just disconnect in the morning and hook back up later when the next treatment was almost due. I pretty much used the machine like the manual system as my treatment ended up going until lunchtime or longer. Its not easy if you work or want to go anywhere though. I was very unwell at the time so not being able to go anywhere during the day wasnt a problem for me.

Hang in there, hopefully this will improve your levels and I hope you continue to feel good!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 08:01:54 AM »

Goofynina  I hope things are getting better and hope you are sticking to guns about starting a new life today. :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »