I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST
| | |-+  ===== Adding Photos or Images TUTORIAL, PLUS a Free image resize program. =====
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ===== Adding Photos or Images TUTORIAL, PLUS a Free image resize program. =====  (Read 44214 times)
Krisna

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »

I don't know if I've added text between pics here but I've done it on other forums.

I have been unable to get any of the programs for resizing listed here to work for me.  They appear to work and the pics wind up in the new folder I put the ones I'd like upload but they are always too big and the staff members have to resize them for me!  Now, I've never been one who likes to make more work for others but...I don't know a whole lot abt resizing pics!  I've got a couple of a wild fire in my mom's hometown Western MT I wanna share.  The fire was in August 2000 and it was huge and threatened the small town! 

Help!

Nov. 1979 - Diagnosed with glomerulonephritis of unknown origin by Dr. Robert
                  Hickman
Dec. 1979 - Diagnosed with Viral Pneumonia
Late Dec. 1979 - Emergency surgery to place a Scribner Shunt in left arm for dialysis
Jan. 1980 - Start hemodialysis until recovered from viral pneumonia
Feb. 27, 1980 - Receive 5 antigen living related transplant from father
Mar. 3, 1987 - PTH removed and part of one placed in left arm.  Fistula also placed in right arm.
Sept. 1988 - Start hemodialysis
Feb. 4, 1989 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Jan. 1994 - Return to hemodialysis
Oct. 18, 1996 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Nov. 22, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm to artery in kidney
Dec. 20, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm.  Kidney removed due to infection which has spread down right leg to abt mid thigh.
Apr. 1997 - Arterial bypass surgery to restore arterial blood flow to right leg
July 29, 1998 - Receive 6 antigen perfect match cadaveric transplant
Sept. 6, 2002 - Return to hemodialysis
Dec. 7, 2002 Sm. intestine ruptures while home alone. Still conscious upon arrival at hospital.
Dec. 8. 2002 - Surgery to repair ruptured bowel.  The prognosis is not good.  Surgeon tells family to prepare for the worse.  Spend a week in a coma and 3 months in hospital.  Takes abt a year and a half to completely recover.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 03:28:07 AM »

I don't know if I've added text between pics here but I've done it on other forums.

I have been unable to get any of the programs for resizing listed here to work for me.  They appear to work and the pics wind up in the new folder I put the ones I'd like upload but they are always too big and the staff members have to resize them for me!  Now, I've never been one who likes to make more work for others but...I don't know a whole lot abt resizing pics!  I've got a couple of a wild fire in my mom's hometown Western MT I wanna share.  The fire was in August 2000 and it was huge and threatened the small town! 

Help!

What happens when you open the folder with the pictures? You should be able to right click to resize to the small size 640x480 then save it, scroll down and the name of your picture with (small) under it should appear. Just click on it and it should show up in your dialogue box hit OK and it should be on the site.
Krisna

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 06:22:47 PM »

Help!

What happens when you open the folder with the pictures? You should be able to right click to resize to the small size 640x480 then save it, scroll down and the name of your picture with (small) under it should appear. Just click on it and it should show up in your dialogue box hit OK and it should be on the site.

Thanks, I'll try it again but I think it's probably the laptop and not the program.  I'm having trouble with copy & paste also.  Hubby's gonna look at it when he gets time, probably tomorrow! 

Hickman
Late Dec. 1979 - Emergency surgery to place a Scribner Shunt in left arm for dialysis
Mar. 3, 1987 - PTH removed and part of one placed in left arm.  Fistula also placed in right arm.
Dec. 20, 1996 - Emergency surgery to repair aneurysm.  Kidney removed due to infection which has spread down right leg to abt mid thigh.
Dec. 7, 2002 Sm. intestine ruptures while home alone. Still conscious upon arrival at hospital.
Dec. 8. 2002 - Surgery to repair ruptured bowel.  The prognosis is not good.  Surgeon tells family to prepare for the worse.  Spend a week in a coma and 3 months in hospital.  Takes abt a year and a half to completely recover.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

Thought we need a refresher for some new people and other members on "How To Resize Photos". :pics;
 :bump; :bump;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 07:47:04 PM »

However for people with a Mac or Imac this will not work. I use the iphoto iresizer. It is a free download and easy to use.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »

www.pixenate.com works great for my mac, you can adjust the colors, exposure, resize and crop!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »

What I have discovered so far with Vista is that PowerToys photo resizer will not work with Vista and there are many complaints  about that on Microsofts tech forum. It was simple and quick to use. Yes there are other programs out there, but your old software may not work with Vista when you have to switch.

There is a similar program to PowerToys posted on the Microsoft tech forum that I will try first before posting the link. It is reported to work exactly like PowerToys did.

With newer OS systems coming out, we need to keep this thread updated.
No idea about Apples new OSX Lepoard system, so try Okarols link above.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:28:53 AM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 02:43:37 AM »

Here is one of Microsoft's solutions to resizing a photo. Not the fastest and easiest method though, but may help some.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/f6a5acf9-8661-4f2a-b5f2-9680772e02601033.mspx

Some post on Microsoft's forum about what others use to resize on Vista http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/9adf8d62-b219-4a85-921b-eceeec1d7e71/# There are 2 programs others have suggested. I chose the later due to the right click ability to resize on each photo, not a group of photos.

The one I am using now that is working more like old PowerToy resizer, but with more options due to Vista way of dispaying (on Page 3 from above link of Microsoft). Still very simple and allows you to choose how to save the new picture. Besure to read and look at the How to on the link below.
http://www.powerhourgame.com/windows_vista_image_resizer_powertoy_prish_image_resizer.htm

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Krisna

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 09:35:11 PM »

I used the Windows Live Photo Gallery to do it.  At least I hope it worked.  lol
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:37:35 PM by Krisna » Logged

Hickman
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »