I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Advocacy
| | |-+  Let's find another avenue to pay our BILLS!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's find another avenue to pay our BILLS!!!  (Read 9288 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: March 14, 2009, 08:01:57 AM »

Medicare pays for RENAL dialysis as of 1973.     :thumbup;
Medicare pays for 3 years of RENAL transplant drugs after transplantation in 1980's.  :thumbup;
Medicare pays for fistulas and catheters and surgeries for Renal patients.   :thumbup;

Now we want 7 days a week dialysis.
Now we want lifetime RENAL transplant drugs.  The heart and liver transplants are on their own!   :thumbdown;
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=12872.0

Where is the cost???  Dialysis units where the CEO makes 10 million a year!  (from Medicare) for our care.
Where is the cost???  The Pharmaceutical Companies where they get millions (from Medicare) for our drugs.
Where is the cost???  The hospitals and doctors who do the endless fistulagrams and surgeries.
Lets start writing letters to Congress to put a CAP on prices. 

Quit jabbing Medicare the only agency that has put out a hand to help us live.

Start jabbing the FAT Cows that are only taking from us and raising prices so that sick people are ordered to go get more from MEDICARE so that we can live more normal lives.

Doesn't it make you wonder why DaVita and other dialysis centers are giving us address to write to so that THEY get more money? 

All these people already have houses in Hawaii laughing all the way to the bank!

:Kit n Stik;
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:09:22 AM by Rerun » Logged

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 08:15:14 AM »

Where is the cost???  Dialysis units where the CEO makes 10 million a year!  (from Medicare) for our care.
Where is the cost???  The Pharmaceutical Companies where they get millions (from Medicare) for our drugs.
Where is the cost???  The hospitals and doctors who do the endless fistulagrams and surgeries.

Excellent point!

8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »

Rerun has good points.  In the US, what we need is a medical system that can afford to support the costs of drugs post-transplant (for all) because 1) the costs are reasonable and 2) we are getting a good return on the healthcare dollars spent.  Neither is true right now.  We won't reign in the costs of healthcare without regulation (IMHO, I don't believe that competition will do the trick).  And despite being one of the highest spenders in the world for healthcare, the US population does not live the longest.  Until we take the soda machines out of our schools, stop being the "fast food nation", stop smoking and get more exercise, it's a losing battle.  Just imagine this - if we could improve the overall health of the population by 10% that would provide a lot of "room" and $$ in the system for those who suffer from diseases.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Wallyz

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »

Accepting less dialysis is to dialysis centers as nose is to face.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »

Accepting "more" dialysis is to dialysis centers as a nose ring is to the nose.  A diamond one.  More dialysis more money.  They don't care about us.

Wallyz

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »

Nobody will care about us unles we can use the vote and advocacy to help people get rich my giving us good care.  Right now they are getting rich by killing people.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »

Nobody will care about us unles we can use the vote and advocacy to help people get rich my giving us good care.  Right now they are getting rich by killing people.

Good point.   :thumbup;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »