I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:52:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  OK, I'm Grrrrr****** and I'ts My Turn To Rant!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK, I'm Grrrrr****** and I'ts My Turn To Rant!!  (Read 3978 times)
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« on: March 03, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »

I live about 15 miles from the my dialysis center, i get transportation paid by medicaid. today i get a phone call from the transportation service saying that i am no longer eligible for medicaid. what the........ 5 phone calls and and hour and a half later this is what i find out.  1st call the social worker at the center, they had been called by logisticare and were trying to find out what had happened, but medicare probably wouldn't talk to them without my being there. 2nd call medicaid. after waiting on hold for over 10 minutes, yes my medicaid has been cancelled, oh lookie here, they still have my address as centennial and i moved and informed them of the move in july 08. i changed counties, arapahoe county was suppose to transfer everything to douglas county. they didn't and closed my account on 2/28/09. no notification, nothing. even if they sent notification to the old address the forwarding notification is still in affect with the post office, a letter arrived yesterday day from the electric company. call douglas county first, then arapahoe, the state can't do anything because arapahoe closed the account. 3rd phone call to douglas county and another long wait, some words that aren't very nice and some more stomping around the room. yes according to the computer arapahoe county closed the account and my address shows as centennial ( she's looking at the state computer and i already have that information) the only thing douglas county can do is have me reapply (oh ya and how long does that take) call arapahoe county.  3rd call arapahoe county, yes the account has been closed, 2/28/08 there are no notes in the system about an address change, who did i talk to, how should i know that was 7 months ago. she's sounding like she's given me all the information she can and there's nothing more that can be done.  so i tell her i'm a dialysis patient, i have no transportation to dialysis without medicaid coverage and she's not allowed to put my life in danger without even attempting to fix this. its simple, reopen the account, it was closed in error and transfer everything to douglas county like they should have done. silence....... then she says the computer doesn't show who closed the account or why, like it's supposed to. see a pattern here, no record of my change of address, no record off who closed the account or why. so she is going to email the last person who was in the account and he has 3 business days to return my call. (!!!!!**%%%&&***) ok i'll be good. 4th call, back to douglas county to file for a new account, might as well, and i end up with voice mail. 5th call back to let the social worker know what i found out and i get voice mail. i'm going to go drink my lunch!

:Kit n Stik;  :Kit n Stik;  :Kit n Stik;  :Kit n Stik;  :Kit n Stik;

thanks guys, i feel a little better. this could take weeks and the gal at the state told me it could screw with my prescription coverage and the next time i get my disability they may take my medicare premiums out of it.    :Kit n Stik;

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »

:-(

Friggen morons.
I wish i could help somehow.  Call your local congressman the mayor the governor ect ect.
Tell them you have writtten down everything you have been told.  Adn if you end up in intensive care you will have a major lawsuit against the county-state and local goverments.  Not sure if you will or not but threaten it all the same.
best of luck

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »

it is like you are a twin named Howell and you are not an American citizen

can you get reinversed for the money out of your pocket
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »

can you get reinversed for the money out of your pocket

i know if i end up having to pay the medicare premium they will refund it once the state picks it back up again. i don't know about the medicare part d, however if medicare isn't reinstated before about 2 months i will have to pay my full rx costs for approximately 3 months and they are over $1500 a month!!!!

:-(

Friggen morons.
I wish i could help somehow. Call your local congressman the mayor the governor etc ect.
Tell them you have writtten down everything you have been told. Adn if you end up in intensive care you will have a major lawsuit against the county-state and local goverments. Not sure if you will or not but threaten it all the same.
best of luck

i don't know about calling anyone else, i'll give arapahoe county their 3 days and go from there. if i do land in the hospital i know my daughter will be looking for someone to sue, we'll start with arapahoe county!

s
......................................................................................

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »

Starting right now write down every name of every person you talk to and the date and time. Good luck!

:cuddle;

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

Well start with your local county congress people.
I wouldnt wait to long.  Put it in writting and have it delv. by certified mail so it (a complaint) is at least filed and in writting.  Your congress people are there to work FOR you not let beauracracy fight against you.
One phone call could get this all sorted out while it can take you alone months.

:cuddle; Wishing you the best

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Jess21

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 01:47:41 PM »

That's worse than the financial aid person coming up to me to tell me about Medicare and to help decide when I should apply for it.
Um..I have it...have had it for a year!!! And you guys took a copy of my card... which makes me wonder...is my medicare being charged?
 :Kit n Stik;

Hospitalized w/ renal failure- Nov. 2007
Diagnosed w/ ESRD w/ unknown cause- Jan 2008
Lower arm AV Fistula created- March 2008
On IL transplant list- Oct. 8th, 2008
On WI transplant list- June 25th, 2009
Pediatric 2 kidney transplant- July 6th, 2009 (3/6 antigen match)
cris

Nanay, superwoman, super dooper, best mother

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »

Grammalady,
start telling them your intention to sue now, if things wouldn't fall into places, the threat will shake them up. Even on answering machine, leave a message that you intend to sue, if anything happens, this always works for us. Don't wait for things to happen to actually sue.
YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO GET ANGRY AND MAD!!!
love, :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;
cris

there is no greater love than this: "that a man lays down his life for his friend"
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

So sorry to hear about this aggravating turn of events, grammalady.

How are you getting to dialysis until this gets sorted?

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »

Send the same email to all your state, county, representatives, senators, whatever, they all have people constantly looking at their emails...bet it's faster than 3 days.  This is horrible and needs to be fixed immediately.

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »

Don't forget to consider contacting a media outlet (local tv station, local newspaper, etc.).  The media love to jump on a story that sounds like the government is screwing the "little guy."  Make sure you say often that you're a dialysis patient and your LIFE depends on your getting to your treatments.

Scream, yell, holler, do whatever it takes to get this straightened out!

Let us know what happens next.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »

Three words WTF!  :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »

Does your town or county have a free transportation service for the elderly and handicapped?   :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »

I think the whole world has gone crazy this week!  How many of us have had financial problems this week due to others mistakes?  I am sick of stupid people.  Grammalady, I hate that you have to figure this mess out.      :Kit n Stik;  :Kit n Stik;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
karen547

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »

omg yeah! my mom who does chemo got a bill for 5 thousand! thank god it was a mistake though
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 05:39:36 PM »

Does your town or county have a free transportation service for the elderly and handicapped?   :cuddle;

no

transportation is either paid for by medicaid or if you live in the transit district by access-a-ride for about $2 a ride. i live outside the transit district. (residents in this area don't want to pay the transit tax.)

i drove myself last night. i've never figured the mileage, it's 30 miles each way. if this had happened 2 months ago we'd be up a creek without a paddle, we only had 1 car then and april works 2 jobs.

i tried to speed the process up yesterday by talking to a supervisor however she needs to talk to the case worker (at least i found out for sure who that was) and he had gone for the day. she's thinking i don't qualify for medicaid at all. (i've had it for 2 1/2 years. what the.......) no one called me today. if they don't call back tomorrow i'm going to start tromping, loudly in other directions.   :Kit n Stik;

s

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »

why wouldn't you still qualify for medicare
I thought any dialsys patient - after being on dialysis for 18 months qualified
did you win the lottery or something
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »