I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Something to smile about..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something to smile about..  (Read 6848 times)
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« on: August 29, 2006, 07:38:33 AM »

‘‘Something to Smile About’’

Let me tell you about a young woman I know, working overtime talking to God.

In the past 4 years, most of her time was spent in and out of hospitals, and from one doctor to another. “You will never walk again,” she was told.

She was pronounced dead twice. At home, she required home nursing and I.V. antibiotics along with other medications. Three heart attacks later and she could still smile thanks to God and wonderful doctors.

She is a diabetic and has had both of her feet partially amputated. With belief in God, prayer, and a positive attitude along with a tremendous amount of determination, she learned to walk and balance herself again. Finally, she says, “I can now wear a size 5 shoe.” She developed a disease in her feet and at times the bones crumbled whenever she walked. She refuses to acknowledge defeat. “Thank you God, she replies, I will be more patient and take things slower.”

Her automobile had to be sold to meet her medical bills. God graced her with a wheelchair with power steering. There is just no time to give up now.

Fibromyalgia and, often, the muscles in her body tighten and refuse to relax—putting her in excruciating pain.
She thanks God for the pain, as it has made of her a very compassionate person.

Having always been an active hardworking nurse, she fights to accept her pains. Being disabled at 48 is hard to accept; but it gives her many years ahead to dedicate to others. She still prays, “Thank you God”.

God knows how much she loves to laugh and joke around. In the midst of one of her many encounters with God, she jokingly said “God, let my mouth be the last thing to go.” Two days later she woke to discover that she now had Bells Palsy. God said, “Be careful what you ask for.” “Kind of a cruel joke”, she thought. She amazingly got better, and her smile even prettier. “Thank you God, I’ll be more selective with my words”.

Her best and most loyal friend, an adorable little Shih Tzu dog named Peaches, was lost during one of her hospital stays. “Please watch over her.” She prayed. Well of course, three weeks later a very kind lady phoned, in answer to her newspaper ad, and declared that she had found her baby. “Thank you, thank you, thank you God.” Miracle after miracle still coming strong.

The lump in her breast was no longer a concern to her because after x-rays and immediate surgeries, it was discovered that the tumor had shrunk and almost disappeared.“Thank you God.” As we all know, through the power of prayer, God takes
care of his own.

The story goes on as she has turned her problems and solutions over to God. Imagine-had she taken this step years ago. “What a job you had God.” So hard-headed she was. Now she is at home with God and church. She has always had a strong belief in God and prayer. Over the years she had seen many miracles. Something was different now. Her life, her attitude, and it all could only be accountable to her newly found beliefs and the empowerment from God himself. “Thank you God for holding your end of this bargain.”

She no longer worries of her heart. As with God’s help and her guardian angels, she just keeps on ticking.

Still, in search of the love of her life. “So God, you take care of this one for me, as I am not really good when it comes to journeys of the heart. But don’t worry, you will always be first.”

She still finds reasons to laugh and smile. After all, when she smiles, others wonder what she’s up to.

“By the way God, you won. I surrender.”

She now spends five days a week working out at the gym. There, you may at times hear her mumble under her breath, “Come on God, can’t you at least take ten pounds?”

This is the story of one woman, not unique, but-yes-special. She had more faith than the doctors had knowledge. Four years later, the ad read:

FREE TO INDIVIDUAL IN NEED.
WHEELCHAIR, WALKER, CANE, AND TESTIMONY
“THANK YOU GOD”
YOUR, LOVING CHILD, LINDA JUNE 2001

I thought those days were the past.... they were... Now here we go again!
Question??? Does God ever give us a break????
I am tired God..... But not too tired to beat this Kidney disease! 2006. August

Fixed Color - Rerun - Moderator
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:29:00 AM by Rerun » Logged
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:49:53 PM »

Is this you, Sassy?

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 06:12:11 AM »

None other than Sasa!...One more round...LOL...Sassy
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 07:02:12 AM »

Wow, you really have been through a lot.  Your family and friends are lucky to have you (I think we at IHD are too)!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:47:44 AM »

No Sara, , It is I that is fortunate to have all of you...An addition to my friends and family.  Thanks. Sassy :-*
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 08:15:42 PM »

No Sara, , It is I that is fortunate to have all of you...An addition to my friends and family.  Thanks. Sassy :-*
I think you will be well welcomed here ;)

;D I like you already!! ;D

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 06:11:26 AM »

You should write a book. Your outlook on life is amazing and could be very motivating to others. Especially to people who are going through depression and hard times with any disease or situation.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »

What a testimony.  I thank God for you being here on this site.  It sometimes hard being by myself among all the HEATHINS!  :D

Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »

Wow, that is an insult.
You are not all by yourself.  I'm not a heathin!

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 09:55:45 AM »

>:D >:D >:D >:D

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »

Sorry Rerun, I just now noticed the smiley face so I guess you meant that in a joking
way not seriously. 

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 09:42:15 PM »

Question??? Does God ever give us a break????
I am tired God..... But not too tired to beat this Kidney disease! 2006. August

I feel this way almost every day Sassy.  I have prayed for relief from this daunting thought.. but your story has been a true inspiration!  Thank you! 
Here's to a good week  :beer1;!

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 05:40:19 AM »

Thank you Melissa. Ya want some :popcorn; with that? Might as well di up right. LOL. Sassy
Razman

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 04:33:17 PM »

“By the way God, you won. I surrender.”    Maybe thats  what more of us should say.  Sometimes I wish that I had the faith to just face everyday in a positive way like she does but sometimes it is not easy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »