I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  PD4Me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PD4Me  (Read 3116 times)
Marina

God Bless my donor family!! :)

« on: September 22, 2005, 10:21:20 PM »

Hi  all,
            My  name  is  Marina,  I've  been  a  diabetic  for  about  27 yrs.  (just  turned  39 )              I  started  PD  in  Apr.  2004.                         Diabetes  is  on both  sides  of  my families (both  maternal  and  paternal  grandmas  had  it,  I  have  aunt  and  uncles  who  also  have  it,  as  well as  2 sisters  and  1 bother).
    Kidney  failure  is  not  knew  to  me  either.  My  late  sister  was  on dialysis  for  3 yrs  before  she  got  her  transplant.                   When  I  was  told  it  would  be  a matter  of  3-6 months  before  I  started dialysis  my  Dr.  wanted  me  to  go  see  the  surgeon  and  talk  about  my  fistula or  grapht  (spelling).           I  had  no  idea  what  she  meant  by  that.           But,  I  told  her  I  wanted  to  wait  a  little.          Two  months  later  she  said  I  want  you to  meet  with  a  nurse  to  dscuss  treatment  options.  So  in Dec.  2003  I  met  with  a nurse  and  a  rep  for  Baxter.          They  explained  the  pros  and  cons  of  both  PD  and  HD.    I  decided  to  do PD. I'm  so  glad  I  stall my DR.  she  wanted  me  to  get  a fistula,  without  even  explaining  what  it  was  or  what  options  I  had.       I  have to  say  that  even  though  all I  know  about  HD  is  from  what  I  leaned  from  my nurse  and  from  sites  such  as  this,  yet  I'm happy  with  my PD  choice.                I  know many of  you  B*tch  and  gripe  (and  that's  what  this  site  is  for)  about  how  much  you  hate  dialysis.  I   have  to say  that  sure  it  can  be  a  nuisance  at  times,  however  it's  not  so  bad.  AND  the  way  I  see  it    it's  such a  small price  to  stay  alive.

Hope  to  get  to know  you guys  a  llittle  more,  and let's  remember  we  are  all in this  together.
                                  Take  care   :)           

Marina
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 10:23:07 PM by Marina » Logged

"Anything is possible, if  you  BELIEVE....."  ~~~Joel  Osteen

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift..... That is why it is called the present"

Nov 1979 ~ Diabetes 
Apr. 2004- Nov 2010 ~ CAPD
Nov 9, 2010 ~  Received the  THE  GIFT OF LIFE at 
California Pacific  Medical  center  (CPMC)  in San  Francisco,  CA
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 09:53:54 AM »

Hi  all,
            My  name  is  Marina,  I've  been  a  diabetic  for  about  27 yrs.  (just  turned  39 )              I  started  PD  in  Apr.  2004.                         Diabetes  is  on both  sides  of  my families (both  maternal  and  paternal  grandmas  had  it,  I  have  aunt  and  uncles  who  also  have  it,  as  well as  2 sisters  and  1 bother).
    Kidney  failure  is  not  knew  to  me  either.  My  late  sister  was  on dialysis  for  3 yrs  before  she  got  her  transplant.                   When  I  was  told  it  would  be  a matter  of  3-6 months  before  I  started dialysis  my  Dr.  wanted  me  to  go  see  the  surgeon  and  talk  about  my  fistula or  grapht  (spelling).           I  had  no  idea  what  she  meant  by  that.           But,  I  told  her  I  wanted  to  wait  a  little.          Two  months  later  she  said  I  want  you to  meet  with  a  nurse  to  dscuss  treatment  options.  So  in Dec.  2003  I  met  with  a nurse  and  a  rep  for  Baxter.          They  explained  the  pros  and  cons  of  both  PD  and  HD.    I  decided  to  do PD. I'm  so  glad  I  stall my DR.  she  wanted  me  to  get  a fistula,  without  even  explaining  what  it  was  or  what  options  I  had.       I  have to  say  that  even  though  all I  know  about  HD  is  from  what  I  leaned  from  my nurse  and  from  sites  such  as  this,  yet  I'm happy  with  my PD  choice.                I  know many of  you  B*tch  and  gripe  (and  that's  what  this  site  is  for)  about  how  much  you  hate  dialysis.  I   have  to say  that  sure  it  can  be  a  nuisance  at  times,  however  it's  not  so  bad.  AND  the  way  I  see  it    it's  such a  small price  to  stay  alive.

Hope  to  get  to know  you guys  a  llittle  more,  and let's  remember  we  are  all in this  together.
                                  Take  care   :)           

Marina

Hello Marina,

Sorry I am now just welcoming you to the site I must have overlooked your introduction post. I did not see it. Welcome to the board and I hope you visit often and help us make this a great community, where we can be here for each other since we all have at least a couple things in common.
Again sorry for not replying sooner I just misssed this thread.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »