I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  My Transplant Rollercoaster
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Transplant Rollercoaster  (Read 14026 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »

Hoping she is doing ok.  She has been having a rough time.  Chat room isn't the same without Wenchie.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »

Sorry guys I have been busy checking Wenchie out... she seems fine to me!!!  :rofl; I am sure she will be back on deck soon :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2009, 06:46:53 AM »

Where the heck have I been?  I hope things are headed in the right direction by now.  :cuddle;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

Thanks for all the good thoughts folks...they SO help!  I am receiving Rituxan treatments to treat rejection once again.  Pesky Donor Specific Antibodies!  Stubborn little SOBs!!
Got a bit of good news and bad news last week.  My hemoglobin is down to 7.2...so now I also see a hematologist....guess I am running out of blood.
BUT...........my creat dropped from 3.2 to 2.5....so I know that "lil kidney that could" is still trying to do the job....he had me worried there for a few weeks that he had given up on me!
I am keeping my chins (yes, furry chins) up and hoping for the best!  Thanks to all of you.  I love ya!!!!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »

Sending lots of love, good thoughts, and a couple of prayers your way   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »