I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 06:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Lord give me patience at School
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lord give me patience at School  (Read 3941 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: December 05, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »

I found out Monday all of my students have Biography History projects and Science Projects due around the same time the first two weeks of January. Oh hell!   You know RSP (LEarning disabled) students will not do major projects without alot of time and help, as well as pushing from me. So my lesson plans have gone the hell in a handbasket while we do science research papers and  biography papers this year.  It is even crazier because I have 56 students in 6th and 7th grade this year.
My aide and I are going to go nuts! 

Assignments:
Biography Paper
     Research- read and put into their own words
     Notes on person- I have a chart for them to fill out.
     Introductory paragraph
     Write rough draft
     Have teacher proofread and make corrections
     Rewrite into final draft form
     Title page
     Bibliography
Then they have to make a project of some sort from their research!

Science Project
Find project get it okayed by teacher- I have tons of science project books I collected over the years.
Research the topic.
Notes
Write research paper
Do experiment
Keep notebook on experiment
Write up exeriment in science notebook
Add research paper to notebook
Bibliography
Title page
Science project mini board
Big display board if going to science fair

Let me repeat 56 kids have all of this to do. Someone shoot me please!

Twirl can you come to California for two weeks and help out?  :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jessup

Gemma - the tucker monster

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »

Hooley Dooley
Kids her in the top end go on 6 weeks holiday starting next Friday.

Wow "your" curriculum learning outcomes seem different to "mine".
We have individual learning outcomes for all special needs students.  Plus at most of the schools up here (or down here - depending where you are in the world) have inclusive policy which means children with learning difficulties are not segregated from the so called "normal" students.  In my class I have 18 students "at risk" (that's what the ed. dept. labels such students)and 5 students who reach national benchmarks. 

My suggestion is .....................................
run and hide   :rofl;
Win tatt's (Tattslotto- think you have Golden Basket) and no need to work  :rofl;
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

Notes, research, and bibliographies, OH MY!

Why do they pack those things in right around the holidays?

Ugh.. we have testing next week and all the kids want to think about is S-A-N-T-A!

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »

Oh woe is me.  Poor kids and poor Kat, too.  It would be hard for regular students to get all that done, much less learning disabled kids.  And right here at the holiday's.  That's a bum, bum, bummer.

Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:45:55 AM »

All teachers are SAINTS.  I don't know how you guys do it, you are amazing  :bow;.  My son has ADHD,but he is very smart (always on the honor roll).  I dread the report he gets each month because writing is so not a talent of his.  I start out with a ton of patience and by the time the report is due, I'm twitching. 

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

I have my big stick out every day and am getting them to work on their projects. They get to choose which one they are working on each day. They can switch when they get tired of one.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »

I need even more patience. I have been told today that all IEP paperwork has to be done before the CST test in April and I have to redo a page on all of the IEPS I already did and have parents come in and sign them.  I am sick, sick sick. In addition I have to fill out a two page form on the kids CST performance, on the assessments, class assessments and how they do in class.  This all because of a modified CST test our principal wants the RSP kids to take.  God help me. I may go nuts.  This is in addition to all the teaching I am doing already! Plus the twenty or so IEPS I have to do already. 

AAAUUURRGGGHHH!  :bandance;

lifenotonthelist.com

petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:04:37 AM »

kitkatz,
I hear your pain and frustration.  Though I'm a "regular ed" teacher, I, too, have mounds and mounds of paperwork (though not nearly as much as the special ed teachers with all those IEPs).  I absolutely LOVE teaching -- well, the actual "teaching" part of it.  I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE all the paperwork we have to do.  Just planning lessons, teaching classes, and grading papers is enough for any one human to do; add all the "paper trails" we have to keep to that mix, and it's sometimes just too much.  When I first started teaching (21 years ago), I don't remember having this much extra paperwork to do.  It seems like we have more, and more, and more forms to fill out and folders to keep than we used to.  Teaching has certainly changed in the last two decades.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 04:24:18 AM »

this makes  me homesick for teaching :'(
I miss it so much and I love making tests and grading and bulletin boards
I could do without the ard papers and case managers
but I miss it
it was so much fun
I had junior high and yes, I still miss it
Katonsdad

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »

Wow . All that work .....My sons teacher is not even doing spelling
home work for the next 2 weeks .

He has an indian project to do this weekend and thats all.

Katonsdad

Diabetes 1976
Eye issues 1987
Kidney Failure 1997
CAPD 1997 , Stopped 1997 due to infections evey 28 days
Started In Center Hemo 1997
Received Kidney/Pancreas transplant 1999 at UCLA
Wife and I had son in 2001 , by donor for my part (Stopping the illness train)
Kidney failed 2011 , Back on Hemo . Looking to retransplant as the Kidney is still working

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
 little ball of fur,
happy kitty,sleepy kitty,
 purr purr purr ::
Sheldon and Penny on The Big Bng Theory
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

kit, you must have my sister's "class from hell" from a few years ago.....no those were first graders. she told her principal that year it was time to retire and raise puppies..... hang in there i know you can do it. your students need you. i know you are wonderful and they do too.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

Plus today the school server went down! No internet, which means no research for the science or history projects. No attendance being taken.  God help me.  I am going to go to the gym and work out today, then I am going to the liquor store!

lifenotonthelist.com

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »

Can I come to the liquor store with you kit???  :rant;  Pleeeeese!!!  I have 20 grade 2's.  10 of them are well below grade level in reading. at least 5 are super hyper and even more so this close to Christmas. I have had to use my   :Kit n Stik; several times in the pass week or so.  And the paper work - We don't have any of that to do  :sarcasm;  I am so sick of paperwork most of which is usually stuck in some drawer and never looked at!!!  We are practicing for our Christmas program and that is crazy  :urcrazy;  Thank God we get out for Christmas vacation next Friday.  :beer1;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

I asked my principal for a day to do the paperwork that was handed to me. Hopefully next Wednesday I will get the 58 pages of forms i have to fill out completed. He was cool with the request. We shall see.

lifenotonthelist.com

Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

Come over to Oz, Kit.  Our kids have twice as many holidays as anyone else!  You could do a teacher exchange and holiday here while they work over there.  I don't know how teachers do it.  I hated school and my teachers had to wear it.  We did Robin Hood for end of year play one year and I played Maid Marion and I had to call out to Friar Tuck when Robin Hood was shot with an arrow.  So, I called out Friar Tuck, Friar Tuck, come quickly, come quickly.  Only it came out as Triar a F... Totally an accident, but that was it for me at the strictest of strict catholic private girl's school.  OK, OK.  I'll take the bit stick....I deserve it!! :Kit n Stik; xx
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

Triar F. . . .
 :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »

I am up to student 12 tomorrow on the new paperwork out of 24. Sigh!  :sir ken; :sir ken;

lifenotonthelist.com

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »

You better just stay home to finish.  :rofl;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

No, no I left the work on the desk at school!

lifenotonthelist.com

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

All this reminds me why I should be glad I am not teaching anymore.  But I MISS IT!!!!

However, it seems that I got out just at the right time.  My former colleagues have been giving me horror stories about how they seem to be searching for ways to tighten the screws on teachers every month!!!   All the paper work has been increased.   They are now changing to a new online system where parents can access it 24/7, checking on homework, grades, etc.  this means that all work has to be totally up to date, everyday! or they will hear about it!!
Everything has increased except the pay!!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »

I did the extra paperwork and got it done Tuesday afternoon.   :cheer: Then today I graded the persuasive essays.  Third period did good, 5th left a lot to be desired.  I have 6th grade history project papers to grade, but it is good now!  I told the other 6th grade special day class teacher she was banned from my room because every time she cones over she brings me work!  Our district is nuts!  Oh well!   TWo more days till Christmas vacation!

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »

How many pieces of paper work have I done this week?

Let's see.

Computer excell sheets taped together with test scores of kids =  8
2 page form for 24 kids =  48
A one page essay from 27 7th graders= 27
A three page report, title page, research, paper, bibliography from 22 6th graders =66
Not to mention getting articles off of the net for kid's research= 100 at least
And finding pics of ancient people on the net = 100 at least

We did so much printing I ran the color and black ink out on y desktop printer and had to ask for more from the school secretary!

So I am a bit tired of paperwork already.

Tomorrow?
I have Lesson plans to write for January.
IEP meeting notice for January to get out.

AAAAAUUUURRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!   :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 01:43:31 PM »

The madness is over and done with!   The paper work race is done. Every sixth grader turned in a research paper to me this week and they are graded! Hot damn!

I just have a month's worth of lesson plans to put together in two weeks. 

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »

I have written the first two weeks of lesson plans today. I wrote nineteen lesson plans. Two complete story outlines put into lesson plans and math plans covering fractions.   This the form I have to fill out for each plan I write for each day or lesson. Remember I teach 6th and 7th grade RSP Language arts and 6th grade math!  Nineteen of these suckers are done! Cannot type or think

Name:   K.Soto         Day:           Date:

Subject:Language Arts      Grade level: 6

Objectives:

CA Standards:

Materials:

Key Terms/Vocabulary:

Anticipatory Set:

Differentiated Instruction:
ELL:
RSP:
GATE:

Direct Instruction
Input:
Modeling
Checking for Understanding:
Guided Practice:
Independent Practice:
Closure:

Homework:

Self Reflection:

lifenotonthelist.com

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »

What a vacation you've had!  :waiting;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »