I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  starting a business and getting a gov. grant for start up capital
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: starting a business and getting a gov. grant for start up capital  (Read 2879 times)
geoffcamp

« on: August 21, 2006, 10:01:44 PM »

Posing this question to US members of the board.  Has anyone tried to start their own business?  If so were you able to get any government grants for start up capital?  Something like a minority owned business but in this case a disabled owned business.  Is there anyone out there who has experience in trying to do this??  Is it possible?  It would be for a for profit business, Technology solutions for small business.  Things like networking, support and custom programming and web pages.  If anyone has tried or been successful at doing this please let me know and please share with me how to go about doing it.  Does not have to be a technology business just any disabled businesses who have tried to or were successful at getting grants.
Thank you,  Geoff

Topic moved to appropriate section - Bajanne2000\Moderator
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 09:52:40 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:29:27 AM »

There are literally thousands of grants out there that people don't even know exist.  I'm sure that there have to be a couple that would apply to you and the type of company you want to start.

It's not easy being green.
geoffcamp

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 06:02:45 PM »

Thanks Hawkeye.  Do you have any details?  I am looking for someone who has gone through the process and can guide me to the information I need.  I do have a meeting with the chamber of commerce in my home Town and SCORE set up so they may be able to help.

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:15:21 AM »

Thanks Hawkeye.  Do you have any details?  I am looking for someone who has gone through the process and can guide me to the information I need.  I do have a meeting with the chamber of commerce in my home Town and SCORE set up so they may be able to help.

I used to have some links several years ago.  I was hunting up and down for stuff to help make school a little cheaper, but it's been more than 6 years ago that I went.  The majority of the grants I was looking at were Federal grants.  If you Google "Federal Business Grants" you come up with tons of links.  I can't say any of them are exactly what you are looking for, but at least it's a start.

It's not easy being green.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »