I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Secret Santa List - SENT and RECEIVED
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa List - SENT and RECEIVED  (Read 74646 times)
Lilu323

« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »

You are very welcome paul.karen. I am soo happy you enjoyed it!
vandie

« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2008, 08:07:45 AM »

Thank you Sandy!!

On Christmas morning, I opened my pressies from my secret Santa.  I got some Northern Comfort real maple syrup (cute packaging), two different maple candies and a lovely Vermont calendar.  How lucky am I?!? 
This was really fun.  Thank you Karol, for being our fabulous organizer on this.

Much love

Life is the journey, not the destination.
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »

All the 2008 Holiday Exchange secret Santa threads are now in The IHD Family - Our Members section.

Is there anyone who did NOT receive their gift? (except for the mail problem with Bajanne and Sam, which is still coming) - if so please let me know now.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

I sent mine to petey but I haven't seen her post. I thought I posted about my gifts but I can't find it now. I got a new journal and Christmas book to read and a cute plate that says I am special. I also got a cute handmade angel pin, homemade candies which I am munching on now and a great card. Whhich was very personal. I can't thank you enough jill d.  Merry Christmas to all IHD!!

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2008, 01:24:13 PM »

I sent mine to petey but I haven't seen her post. I thought I posted about my gifts but I can't find it now. I got a new journal and Christmas book to read and a cute plate that says I am special. I also got a cute handmade angel pin, homemade candies which I am munching on now and a great card. Whhich was very personal. I can't thank you enough jill d.  Merry Christmas to all IHD!!

petey has not posted since Dec. 23 - but I know she got the box http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=11242.msg193907#msg193907

And regarding your post Traci - you can go to your profile and click on Show Posts to see where your previous post was - here http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=10122.msg199109#msg199109 in the other topic

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »

My Secret Santa present arrived on the 23rd and I was sooooo excited to see it was from Austrailia.   It held a place of honor under the tree and was the last thing opened on Christmas Day.  Tamara was my Secret Santa--how lucky am I?  I got Vegemite!!  I have had everyone who stops by try it.  It has a very "special" taste! A little like beef and barley soup concentrated.  It has been fun seeing their reactions!  And some lovely TimTams!  Last month, when Hugh Jackman was on Oprah, he brought cases of TimTams to give to the audience and told them they were Australia's favorite biscuit.  I haven't opened them yet.  Those I don't really want to share with the rest of the family!  :rofl;  But, the special gift in the package is a beautiful crystal clock with laser cut images of Aussie animals and flag with the inscription "Aussie Bunch".  I absolutely love it.  It makes me smile each time I see it.  It makes me think of all of our Aussie members who are all so special to me.  Thank you, Tamara.  I have told my family all about you and Alan and your lovely story.  They think he never has to buy you another present ever - he already gave you the best gift!    What a wonderful love story.   I will post a picture when I get some assistance from Beth!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »

I sent mine to petey but I haven't seen her post. I thought I posted about my gifts but I can't find it now. I got a new journal and Christmas book to read and a cute plate that says I am special. I also got a cute handmade angel pin, homemade candies which I am munching on now and a great card. Whhich was very personal. I can't thank you enough jill d. Merry Christmas to all IHD!!

kidney4traci,
Thank you so much for my SS present.  It arrived early (a couple of weeks before Christmas), and I was so good and didn't open it until Christmas night (Marvin and I have "our" sharing late that night after we've been to see and celebrate with both sides of our families -- Christmas night is just for us two and we open our last presents, the "special" ones from each other).  I opened mine from you during this time.

Kidney4traci sent me the most beautiful Christmas dish (shaped like a huge ornament), and it was striped -- mostly with pink.  Who told her pink was my favorite color?  :rofl;   She filled it full of goodies (delicious, gourmet chocolate for me and Marvin and special doggie treats for my Hop-Sing -- and anybody who remembers to include my four-legged "baby" Hop-Sing has won my heart  :bow; )  The present was so "me" and kidney4traci picked out something I would have seen and loved to have had -- but never would have been so extravagant for myself.  Thank you, kidney4traci.  It was beautiful gift that I will treasure.

many thanks to petey. i loved everything. i couldn't have gotten better if i'd bought them myself. i got a tea for one, a vanilla candle, some saltwater taffy, a had crocheted snow flake and 2 beautiful sand dollars and a purple and white tree ornament with purple boa feathers on top. i'll think of goofynina every time i see it. (pictures for the other post as soon as i charge the camera batteries)
I'm glad you enjoyed your SS, grammalady!

To Okarol -- I had such a good time participating in the Secret Santa -- both choosing a present for someone else and also getting a surprise picked out just for me and sent from afar.  Thanks for all you did to make this happen.
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »

I sent my SS gift to Marianna and I don't believe I have seen her post either?  I hope she got it and that she liked it............

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »

I sent my SS gift to Marianna and I don't believe I have seen her post either?  I hope she got it and that she liked it............

She hasn't been on IHD for a month - I hope she's ok, I have PM'd her.

aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »

"...Her name was Lola, she was..."
 :santahat;
my Secret Santa!!!

Lola, I love the snowman and the tee-shirt (ask Rolando - I wore it for the entire Christmas break from work. It coordinated perfectly with some navy blue pajama bottoms I got from my niece for Christmas.) The refrigerator magnet has a place of honor on the ref door .
 :christmastree;

"...His name was Rico..."
 :snowman;
and MAYBE, just MAYBE if I am still feeling the Christmas spirit I will share the Snowman Soup with your Rico.

I certainly enjoyed this year's Secret Santa... shopping, wrapping, and then waiting (kinda) until Christmas to open. ( :cuddle; okarol )
 :rudolph;

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »

G-Ma I am using the pink spotted blankie you sent on my office chair. Ming the Siamese thinks it is really soft and I have to fight her for my chair when I sit at the computer.  Ming wanted me to say thank you for the soft blankie. I will try to get a pic of the cat and blankie up. Here she is in all her pink and white and grey glory!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:56:14 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »

I opened my SS gift!!! I thought about it the whole time in El Paso since I forgot it here at home and didn't take it on the road trip.

I received some wonderful gifts from Willie&Winnie and their mom of course. I had no idea who my secret santa was at all. I promise.  8)

I got lots of stuff from Maryland. Here are a few things- a stuffed red crab (no, not a cooked one).. he is so cute, a magnet, pens, notepaper, a little shot glassy thing to keep toothpicks , a kidney necklace, earings, and a kidney pin, and a green kidney transplant car bumper magnet. I love EVERYTHING!

Oh and Schatzie and Schnappi got some goodies too to keep their teeth nice and clean. They need it! And they love them! They were very excited to have those treats.

I will try to take some pictures soon.

Thank you, thank you Kathy! It was so nice to open the box and see all of those things.

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »

:cuddle; MIbarra, I am so happy that you, Schatzie and Schnappi  liked your gifts. I swear by those CET chewies.  :waving;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »

Thank you Okarol!   I thought you might have some "insight" to her situation.   I do hope and pray that she will answer you.   I did not mean to sound selfish, I just would like to know that she at least got the presents.   Either way, please do let me know if you hear from her as I am kinda worried now! 

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »

I have really enjoyed the whole Secret Santa process.  It has been fun to see everyone's reactions and to see who can wait and who has no will power at all!  (not naming names --- Twirl!!)    Along with my Australia present, I got two surprise packages.  Both said "do not open until Christmas".   My IHD presents were the last opened, while everyone was busy looking at their things I quietly opened first one from Kitkatz, then one from Okaral and then Tamara's.  By then, everyone was around me because they wanted to see who could pick out perfect things for me and they weren't family.   Well, they soon found out that my IHD family may know more about me than immediate family!   Kitkatz sent me a lovely plaque with a Parisian scene and a darling Paris charm bracelet.  How perfect are they?   And then Karol gave me a pretty, bling-bling Christmas ornament "Paris" in script with lots of sparkle.  It will go in my bedroom during the year -- too cute to put out just for Christmas and pretty note pad set.  I can't believe there is another online group that cares and loves each other like we do.  OKarol and Kitkatz have given me so much strength and guidance.  And lots of hope, love and support.   I will post pictures of everything, along with Tamara's amazing gifts tonight.   Thank you IHD family for sharing your kindness with me throughout the year.  I have life long friends that I love dearly   :cuddle;  :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »

Paris, you are a special lady and I am glad we could brighten your day! 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »

KK..I love the picture of Ming.  Animals do definately decide what is theirs.  I would love a picture if possible.
Ann

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2008, 07:56:27 AM »

Look up above in my post. There is a pic now.

lifenotonthelist.com

kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #268 on: December 31, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »

Petey, I am glad yall enjoyed the gift!  I had fun waiting to hear from you too!  This was a fun year, thanks Okarol!!!!!!  (Too many exclaimations??? )

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »

I enjoyed one of my gifts this morning, sipping my delicious Jamaican coffee - MMmmmm good! Thank you monrein!  :thx;

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »

You're so very welcome Karol.  It's quite a strong coffee generally but at least you can adjust the strength to your tastes.  I'm happy you like it.   :cuddle;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »

Thank you Okarol!   I thought you might have some "insight" to her situation.   I do hope and pray that she will answer you.   I did not mean to sound selfish, I just would like to know that she at least got the presents.   Either way, please do let me know if you hear from her as I am kinda worried now! 

From mariannas: A little (ok...a lot) exhausted, but otherwise fine.  I'm in the middle of moving and have two days left to do it.  I'm really behind because I missed about 4-5 days due to the massive snow dump we had here. Yes! I did get my Secret Santa gift. Thank you!

She will write when she gets settled.

TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »

Thank You so much, Okarol!

Slywalker

« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

My Secret Santa (Kitkatz) was one of the most super duper Secret Santa I've ever had.  I have been remiss in not thanking her here (I bad) so let me correct that this very instant!!  Kitkatz sent me a dual picture frame with her and Victor's picture - now how cool is that?  And a Christmas plate you can write notes to Santa on - , a lighthouse sun catcher, cheese knives and a couple of cute kitchen towels.  Thank you so much Kitkatz.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009.

Sandyb   :bunny:
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

FINALLY, my gift arrived, and ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!  :yahoo;  How cool is that!   It was from Charee!   Thank you so much!!!
I got two hats - one Aussie one and one with my first name "Patsy" on it.  Then some beautiful coasters made from leaves (eucalyptus, I think).  A lovely shirt which actually fits perfectly (I didn't give anyone my size!).  And to wrap it up, a stunning calendar with Australian scenes.  I am a calendar addict!  And this is a really great one. (Picts in the Secret Santa Picts thread)
[I knew the word 'billabong' from 'Waltzing Matilda'(google it!) which we sang at school and never knew exactly what it was (thought it might have been a river) and here one of the months has the picture of a billabong.  It is more like a big pond.  Google says it is a waterhole]
Thank you so much, Charee and Lucinda!!! :cuddle; :cuddle;

I LOVE MY IHD FAMILY!!!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »