I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:34:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  pain in the cath
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pain in the cath  (Read 2023 times)
kittylee

« on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:58 AM »

I have had my cath in for 8 weeks and started dialysis 4 weeks ago. I have a wobbly belly and everytime I sit down or get up I have a wicked pain around my cath like someone is trying to rip it out. It sometimes hapens when I roll over in bed to, I do have it anchored well and not to tight. Dr said to wait another few weeks to see if it eases up - will try not to complain. Do you think it is because of my belly and has anyone else had anything like this??

Todays crisis is tomorrows joke... :-)
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »

You may be causing trauma to the exit site. You should be anchoring your cath about no more than two inches from your exit site using micropore adhesive tape. When you put the tape round the tubing make sure you take it right round the tubing so that the two adhesive parts of both sides of the tape meet. If you don't do this then the tubing can move under the tape and pull at you're exit site. Then stick the remaining two ends to your torso.

Ken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »