I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 05:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  DaVita sure pays KT well... I just saw this
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DaVita sure pays KT well... I just saw this  (Read 28105 times)
nursewratchet

"Either do it, or don't do it, don't try"

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »

YIKES!!!  Sounds like it sucks to be you.  The CMS crap, and the Crown Web stuff may do me in to.  AND the monthly care plans.  What is the point of that.  The Social Workers are all ready to walk, due to all this paperwork.  But I am still better off then private, we had to do hand written everything as well.  And so far, Davita lets me get what I need, no questions.  So Far...Merry Christmas...

RN, Facility Administrator 2002 to present
RN, Staff Nurse 1996-2002
Vicki
bioya

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »

I don't know about any company or private provider other than DaVita. But for all of the money that KT and the other senior managers make, they are paying the FA's good too, but not the floor staff that do all of the back breaking work. The FA job is just too pressure packed for most people. I would love to know the average number of years that a nurse stays in the FA position. I could not believe that the average years that a person stays a unit manager could be much more than four or five (on average nationwide).

When I left DaVita two and a half years ago with six years FA experience I was making 66K a year with 3 to 6K a year bonus. I was just offered a job as a FA back with DaVita and the yearly salary is up to 72K a year. Now add about 3 to 6 thousand in bonus a year and its up to a good salary. HOWEVER.. having said that, its NOT enough to take the crap thats put out by DaVita. There is just too much going on with all of the requirements for (as Nurse Wratchet said) careplans, reuse, supply issues (I never had a say in supplies till my docs got involved and stood up to DaVita), CMS paying based on outcomes, etc, etc.

It is an excellent idea to pay based on outcomes. It gives a huge incentive for providers to do even better, to try harder, to take that extra step to make sure the patients are taken care of. However, you have those few patients that no matter what, don't care or take care of themselves. So what will happen?  There has to be a better idea, a better plan. DaVita, FMC and the others need to take some of the stress off of the FA, dietician and MSW and get another person in the clinics to help with all of the extra requirements. There is too much paper pushing and not enough people to push the paper around... Does that make sense at all? 

Again, as always, God Bless the dialysis patient. I can't imagine what you go through every day of your lives...
nursewratchet

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 03:11:05 AM »

Good Points.  I'd say, lifespan of the FA is 5 years.  It's getting shorter though, with all the new added paperwork.  (thanks cms!).... That having been said,  yes the pay is good,  I will make close to 90k this year.  However, if you figure that in hourly  with the hours I put in :rofl;  But, my clinic is a very tight ship.  Awesome, Awesome staff,  my outcomes are great, I meet Budget, patients and staff are happy, and the kicker...And the all important  (to corporate anyway)  I have 40 Hippers in my clinic.  My clinic makes alot of money.  I get what I want, I can run it however I want.  I don't even ask.  They may say something to me alter, that will be another story.  For know anyway, I can take good care of the patients, and great care of the staff.  That is VERY important to me.  If you don't take care of the staff, the won't care about, or be happy in there job, and patients won't get good care.

Vicki
bioya

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »

Good Points.  I'd say, lifespan of the FA is 5 years.  It's getting shorter though, with all the new added paperwork.  (thanks cms!).... That having been said,  yes the pay is good,  I will make close to 90k this year.  However, if you figure that in hourly  with the hours I put in :rofl;  But, my clinic is a very tight ship.  Awesome, Awesome staff,  my outcomes are great, I meet Budget, patients and staff are happy, and the kicker...And the all important  (to corporate anyway)  I have 40 Hippers in my clinic.  My clinic makes alot of money.  I get what I want, I can run it however I want.  I don't even ask.  They may say something to me alter, that will be another story.  For know anyway, I can take good care of the patients, and great care of the staff.  That is VERY important to me.  If you don't take care of the staff, the won't care about, or be happy in there job, and patients won't get good care.

40 HIPPERS.. holy cow woman.. lol  DaVita must love you.  There is no doubt with that many Private Pay patients, DaVita don't mess with you at all... I am happy that you have such a good clinic. I wish they all were. I think in 6.5 years I only missed budget once or twice and my staffing was always good. I truly TRULY miss my patients. I do see some of them at times in my new job and its great to catch up on all of the news. We were always pretty close, and I am sure every clinic is like that. When you see someone three times a week for 3 to 4 hours, you get to know their life story, and they knew yours. I see some obits at times and it makes me sad but I know that God has a speical place who have already suffered hell, right here on earth.
Where is the party at this year Nursewractchet?  I hope its in a good place. I liked all of the places I went, Flordia, Nashville, Charleston SC, Dallas, Denver, LA, but I truly loved Las Vegas. I really enjoyed just watching people as they gambled their money away. I especially enjoyed watching these old ladies in wheelchairs on O2 as they slid their quarters in time and again and also these old men, about to die, with these young gals on their hips as they threw away 1000 dollars a hand in blackjack.lol
nursewratchet

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 05:52:44 AM »

Party in DC, again.  End of April.  SHOWTIME!

Vicki
dialysisbiller

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »

Don't forget about us all behind the scenes at the CBO level!  Just cos you have hippers doesn't mean they pay willingly, sometime the Collectors have to get on the phone and pull teeth to bring the money into the doors. FAs, Nurses and Techs and all those working at the centers are the front line in dialysis... you sound like a great FA... congrats! keep up the good work for your center,  patients and your 'teammates'
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »

Recent Numbers:

Kent J. Thiry     
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DaVita, Inc.
Age 54

ANNUAL COMPENSATION*
Salary      $1,090,385 USD
As of Fiscal Year 2009

STOCK OPTIONS*
All Other Compensation   $225,597
Exercised Options   1,097,444
Exercised Values   $25,159,265
Exercisable Options   1,050,000
Exercisable Values   $9,921,000
Unexercisable Options   1,550,000
Unexercisable Values   $18,483,000
Total Value of Options   $53,563,265
Total Number of Options   3,697,444

TOTAL COMPENSATION*
Total Annual Cash Compensation   $3,590,385
Total Short Term Compensation   $1,090,385
Other Long Term Compensation   $225,597

Total Calculated Compensation   $11,672,142

*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.

From http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=209979&ticker=DVA:US

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »