I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Pureflo - temp level
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pureflo - temp level  (Read 3072 times)
cherpep

« on: November 12, 2008, 07:43:15 AM »

For the past couple of weeks, I have been freezing during dialysis.  I mean - teeth chattering, body shivering, lay more blankets on top of me, wrap the shawl tighter around my shoulders, get me some hot coffee, I can't get warm kinda freezing.  I figured it was due to the temps getting colder here in Michigan, and I dialyze in my basement - so I figured that's what was making me so much colder.  I put an electric blanket on my wish list for Christmas.  My hubby, bless his soul, had been taking the portable heater, holding up my stack of blankets and letting the heat fill up the space under the blanket (yes, he was very careful - held both at the same time to be sure a fire didn't start).  That was the only thing that actually stopped the shivering and teeth chattering and finally allowed me to relax.

We always keep the Pureflow heat setting on 18.  Out of the blue - he said - let's check the heat setting.  It was on 10!!!  I don't know how it reset itself, because every other time it has been on 18.  Anyhow, we turned it up and lo & behold I didn't shiver during the last treatment!!

:banghead;  If only I would have checked that sooner!!!!  What does everyone else keep their Pureflo set on?  Just curious.
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:46:57 AM »

Ours is set at 14, I haven't raised it higher because it never seems to reach even 14, always displays "heating",  never gets to "temp reached". I wonder if there is more than 1 heating strip under the tank and 1 or more is not working. am trying to devise some sort of insulation blanket to wrap the unit, with none in the PureFlow it is heating the surrounding area instead of just the dialysate...
Glad you found it.
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »

Mine is at 14, but I run a small heater pretty much non-stop during my whole run.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

We set our pureflow at 18.  It takes a long time to heat up 60 liters of water.  The first day hubby is a little cold, the next 2 days he's comfortable.  I had turned up the temp to 20 and got alarms from the Cycler saying that the temp was too high. 

Called tech support who said open the door and put a fan on the Sac till it cools down.  If I did that the lines would have been one big clot.  How can you cool 60 liters with a fan while hooked up?

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »

Cool 60 Liters with a fan?  Which law of thermodynamics did he think you were gonna break to accomplish that in time?  Duh!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Otto has his at 20 and still is freezing to death

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »