I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Anyone using Fresenius home dialysis equipment?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone using Fresenius home dialysis equipment?  (Read 2785 times)
kennebecriver

« on: October 29, 2008, 05:11:22 AM »

I've been reading a lot about NxStage home dialysis equipment, however I think my "in-center" unit is using Fresenius equipment for home dialysis. I'll find out more tonight when I talk with the "home dialysis" coordinator. Does anyone have experience with Fresenius equipment? How do Fresenious and NxStage compare? The equipment I'll be using is like the large machine they use at the "in-center" unit only smaller they tell me.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:18:26 AM »

:waving; kennebecriver. Yes I can tell you about the Fresenius 2008H and the baby K. We did home hemo for almost 5 years. We would of loved to use the NxStage but the nearest clinic was over 100 miles away. Ask away when you find out what you will be using. We'll answer.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »

Hubby uses a 2008 H and we have found it very reliable.  Been 2 years now and hubby is doing fatasti. You can do either nocturnal, short daily or conventional.  2008 H model though is not being made anymore and they are stopping to make the parts for it so in the next year or so we will be getting a new machine (means more training!!!)  We are in Canada and nxstage is not available here.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Jay72

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

Yup I do...  But I am in Canada so we don't have NXSTAGE here.  I use the 2008K@HOME  and have just recently switched to single needle double pump for nocturnal.  Very user friendly!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »