I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Mikey and me.......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mikey and me.......  (Read 21532 times)
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 04:49:09 AM »

:grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »

Marley I'm so glad you got Mikey home. xoxoxoxo :grouphug; :grouphug;

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 08:41:09 AM »

Marley,  Bless you heart and dear Mike's.  This will be the hardest time you have ever gone through. You have been such a rock during this; never complaining, always just worried about Mike.  The love you share is so evident.   There are not enough or the right words to say how I feel right now.  I pray you can feel all our loving support surrounding you during this.  We have all been praying for Mike to make it through each step these past few months; now I will pray for strength for you and peace for Mike.   I  am glad Mike is home and your family is together.    :grouphug;    :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »

Marley and Mikey...my heart is breaking for you...6 years ago in Sept George and I went through this....his Dr in TN assured me that Dr himself would take any questions about lack of Advanced Directive when his system started shutting down so fast..the Dr knew what George wanted and followed his wishes..said I just needed to be beside him all the way which I and my sons were.  God bless that Dr and my employer at the time.  You just need to follow your heart, what you and Mikey need and don't worry about anything else.  We are all here with you and for you.
Ann

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »

My heart is breaking for you. I am glad you had opportunity to bring him home.  Love and hugs to you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:39 AM »

:grouphug; I pray for you and your family. Mikey can tell that he is home, he can feel you.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
The Wife

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »

Marley, my heart is also breaking for you.  You're both surrounded by love.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »

I know how hard this is on you Marley, but I'm so glad he has you in his life and that you are by his side during this transition. We are with you and Mikey in prayer and in thought.  :grouphug;

Sluff
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »

Thinking of you both.  :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and sending love   :grouphug;   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug;

jessup

Gemma - the tucker monster

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »

:flower; :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower;
My thoughts and wishes to you both
 :grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

Thinking of you and Mikey.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

Still holding you both in my thoughts  :cuddle;
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »

Marley, Mike

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 09:00:02 AM »

:cuddle; Marley, Thinking about you and Mikey.  :grouphug;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »

thinking of you two...
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:32 PM »

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »

Is there an update?  Does anyone know what is happening?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Marley

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »

My last post was Saturday--Mike spent most of the day sleeping and came around a little bit that night.  He kept wanting to sit up in his bed so I was holding him up when our son came in, he was so surprised to see Mike sitting up and looking right at him, he went right over to him and Mike said; "there's my friend, my son" and reached up for a hug, I'll never forget it.  Then Sunday morning he woke up around 11:00 and stayed awake and pretty aware; I called everyone and we all got to visit with him.  Mom told me this morning that he gave her the sweetest smile she's ever seen on his face, wonder what they were talking about!!  He was awake long enough to tell me he loved me and the kids--and whtever elst he wanted to say in private with my dad.  They're pretty tight too and used to go fishing 3 times a week--all seasons. 
Sunday was not so good and he slept most of the time (with his eyes open!) and when he was awake, he was confused and kept wanting to sit up.  He was so weak he couldn't help me hold him up and my back was loosing it, so I would just calmly tell him he needs to stay in his bed or he will fall down.  The rest of Sunday I just kept telling him how much I will miss him but that it's alright for him to go, I will take care of our kids and grandkids, and even though I'll miss him, I will be alright.  I fell asleep on the couch around 5:00 Monday morning and when I woke up around 8:30, my baby was gone. 
Instead of freaking out, I just went and made a pot of coffee, sat down and waited for it to be done and had a cup--strange--but I just was not ready to deal, but eventually I did.  I woke up our son so we could have some alone time before people started coming and the first person I called was my mama, funny how we turn into little girls again sometimes.  I waited a while before calling the hospice nurse and when I did, I told her I wasn't ready to let him go yet and to wait before calling the funeral chapel.  I tried bathing him but just ended up cleaning some parts so I could keep his dignity intact.  I feel like I did everything I could the way he wanted things
Now I am just plain exhausted and can't keep a thought in my head!  Mom went with me to the funeral parlor and we got that taken care of and now I've got lots of paperwork to fill out to get some help.  Plus people to call and people to try and find.

OMG, this hurts so damn bad and I can't believe he's really gone.  The livingroom looks huge with all the equipment gone but the biggest hole is in my heart. He was so much the good part of my life and I really don't know what I'm gonna do without him.  I feel very pissed and almost like I'm in shock, I keep getting these "butterflies" in my stomach and if I hear "hang in there" one more time........  One of the biggest things I dread is seeing our grandkids sweet faces after they know he's gone, especially the oldest one.

Thank you everyone so much for your thoughts, hugs and prayers.  I really felt  blessed on Sunday when he woke up for a while and thank God for those few precious hours.  I know I'll "get through this" but OMG, it hurts so bad!!!

Marley
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »

Marley, please visualize and feel me hugging you for dear life right now.  Mike was so blessed to have you in his life and you to have him in yours.  All things must end they say but that's no consolation when we're feeling the pain of this kind of loss.  You know we care tremendously about you and I'm feeling very sad knowing just how much pain you're in right now.

RIP Mikey
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:12:19 PM by monrein » Logged

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
The Wife

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 05:05:53 PM »

If I could, I'd put my arms around you and hold you.  

Sending love to you and all of your family members.  

Rest in Peace Mike.

del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

:grouphug; :cuddle;  Marley please know that we are thinking of you.  I can not even imagine how you are feeling. I just know that I am so sad reading your post.  I am so glad that you had the time together when he was coherent to express your feelings.   Wish I was clse enough to give you a real hug.  :cuddle;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
jessup

Gemma - the tucker monster

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

I am wiping tears from my eyes and wish I could reach through the cyber sphere and wipe your tears and give you and all your family  :grouphug;

Dear Marley you are indeed a very special and loving person  :cuddle;

RIP Mikey

xxxoooxxx
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »

love you, Marley...through it all, you have been truly amazing and inspirational to the rest of us caregivers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »